Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else nervous?
(01-14-2023, 01:18 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Vegas dropped points back to 8.5. Why?

Too much money coming in for Baltimore covering? I feel like 8.5 is an atrocious betting line for a playoff game. I'd feel disrespected as hell if the Bengals are ever an 8 point dog with Burrow here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:19 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Love your confidence that won't be an issue!

It's not my confidence, I have no control over the outcome. I've just been conditioned for way worse situations, that had nothing to do with football.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:18 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Vegas dropped points back to 8.5. Why?

Probably because Huntley is starting and not Brown. He’s the better QB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Any given Sunday….a fumble here, a blocked punt there, the better team doesn’t always win. That said, I’m glad I’m a Bengals fan than I am a Ravens fan for this game. I like where we are way more than where the Ravens are.
Reply/Quote
Of course. Like I mentioned before, that D is tough. Couple that with ZT’s ability to get cutesy at the absolute worst times. This could come down to coaching.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nope. Whatever happens was always going to happen, based on events and circumstances. Sitting here in my chair, there's nothing i can do about events i don't know about yet. 

I would just like to see a clean game and us come out healthy moving in to the next round.
Reply/Quote
I'm not nervous about losing. I am nervous about injuries. The Ratbirds are just a shade less dirty than the Stealers, and it's not hard to imagine they will be purposely lookingat injuring our players, especially Joe. Zac needs to be in the refs ear before the game even starts about some of the crap that went on last week.
Reply/Quote
The OP didn't ask "Are you nervous about losing the game" The OP asked, "Are you nervous that once we put them away will they start playing in a vindictive manner".

It's obvious the franchise is lacking in integrity as they were the only team affected that voted for the recent rule changes to include flipping a coin. IMO, I started to see it toward the end of the last game and I fear if we get up big it will only increase. Remember this is the team that didn't distance itself from the Bart Scott tirade.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always nervous before a playoff game. These 2 teams know eachother so well it can get sticky...whats conerning is last week while sitting alot of starters they gave a good fight and pretty much shut down the O in second half. ....and then theres the Tucker factor
Im looking at JB and Co to be dialed in like the start of that Buff game and make that 3rd stringer QB have to pass more then he wants.
You know their game plan involves a heavy dose of Dobbins running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I always have a small fear of running zone so much. Thankfully, they're very good at it and they have good players to run it, but often, all it takes is one good WR or TE and one average to good QB to be on the same page and your entire zone defense can be a half a step away from making a stop all game long. It hasn't happened for an entire game yet, but there have been stretches where they were gashed all the way down the field and were often thisclose from making plays, especially on 3rd downs.

Basically, I'm afraid of Mike White happening to the Bengals again.

I'm hoping the performance by Likely was something they were allowing by vanilla looks on D and stamp it out this game.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I do not see this as an easy game. Last week's defensive performance was an anomaly and the offense was just not good. One could argue that our offensive performance was an anomaly as well but I really give credit to the Ravens defense and coaching. i want to see a cake walk but I truly doubt it happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:47 PM)M.W. Wrote: I do not see this as an easy game.  Last week's defensive performance was an anomaly and the offense was just not good.  One could argue that our offensive performance was an anomaly as well but I really give credit to the Ravens defense and coaching.  i want to see a cake walk but I truly doubt it happens.

The offense just looked off from Joe B on down.

Not only was he missing but he was not seeing guys who were open.

The drops and lack of run game did not help.

I sure hope they can dial things in.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not nervous about losing. I am nervous about injuries. The Ratbirds are just a shade less dirty than the Stealers, and it's not hard to imagine they will be purposely lookingat injuring our players, especially Joe. Zac needs to be in the refs ear before the game even starts about some of the crap that went on last week.

Agreed but every game I cringe about injuries.  Especially to Joe or our O-line.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:04 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The more I think about Sunday's game the more nervous I am getting. I'm not nervous for fear of losing, in fact quite the opposite. I think the Bengals are just short of a guarantee of a W with the Ravens likely playing their 3rd string QB. My fear is that if the Bengals get up early or in general the Ravens will be looking for cheap shots and to injure our players to wreck further playoff hopes. I watched last week's game a couple of times and there were blatant personal fouls that were not called and I think the Ravens are gonna push those limits Sunday night. I'm hoping the refs have a small margin for calling those and keeping the game under control, but I think the Ravens are looking to end our playoffs, regardless of the means to do that.

I am nervous before every damn game.  It is the same feeling I got before my swim meets (don't laugh, I was pretty good).  My stomach would be in knots, and my heart would beat faster.  Once the meet started, I would calm down and things would usually go just fine from there.  It is so odd to me that it has always been that way for me and Bengals games.  I used to go to all the home games, had season tickets almost 20 years.  But I wasn't a participant?  I was an observer, but to this day, I STILL get those feelings.  I guess it just mattters to me.

As far as WHY I would be nervous about this game is one reason:  JK Dobbins.  Assbags got to rest Zeitler and Dobbins (thanks, Goodell, you butthole) and Dobbins has been #1 in the NFL over the past 6-8 weeks.  He is averaging 5.5 YPC.  Their run game is legit.  Now, if the Bengals start fast and build a lead, it could negate a lof of that but I see Harbaugh trying to play the old Marvin ball of no turnover, and just stay close until the 4th quarter.  

I have a feeling the offense has a few tricks up their sleeves and will score more than 20 points and I don't think the Rats can.  But if the Rats keep possession away from Cincy and if their line gets away with holds and crack blocks like they did last week, then all bets are off.

The league wants these games close.  They don't want blowouts.  The Rats will be given every chance to stay in the game.  I have faith in Burrow and company to pull away when it matters, though.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I understand how you feel. IMO, the AFCN is the hardest, most brutal division in the NFL.

Yep.  KC got a cakewalk playing their overhyped AFC West twice and the turd soup of the AFC South.  The Bengals got the AFC North twice and the AFC East.  

People don't get how a physical game hurts you for the next game.  
Reply/Quote
I’m nervous before week 8 games against 2-6 Arizona Cardinals teams, so I’m probably the wrong person to ask.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Because that line was insane.  It is a division game in the playoffs.  Almost always close because the teams know each other so well.  Ravens also very healthy aside from Lamar.  I still think the Bengals win by 10 or more, but I never bet the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought they were borderline last week. I'm probably one of the few members around here who dislike the Ravens organization/Team more than the Steelers. I don hate Steeler fans more than any other fanbase.

If I could get good odds I'd say Kyle Hamilton will do something "extra".

I guarantee you that if they line up Kyle Hamilton in the slot again, they will have a play designed to attack him.  He's been a great in the box safety of late after a slow start, but coverage is not his strength.  Do it again, Baltiwhore.  I dare you.  
Reply/Quote
I'm fearless..Been through much, much worse than the Bengals losing a playoff game, but they ain't losing so nothing to fear..  I'm more fearful of my neighbors little Yorkie dog biting my ankles.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I am in no way shape or form nervous of the outcome. The Bengals will win this game. I'm nervous of possible injuries due to Ravens playing dirty.
Reply/Quote