Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else using the Windows 10?
Every time I try to update to Windows 8.1, I download it and it fails to install. It's happened every time I've tried so I stopped trying.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I'm still using Windows 7, and I'm gonna' keep using it until they pry it out of my big clunky PC.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 03:22 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Every time I try to update to Windows 8.1, I download it and it fails to install. It's happened every time I've tried so I stopped trying.

I had the same thing happen to me. I downloaded it to a flash drive and installed it that way. The problem w/ mine is its an old ass iMac running VM Ware (it was slow b4 and still is). I still have to put it on a computer that is on a domain before I put it on the majority of our computers but haven't had time. Don't hold me to the link because I'm on my phone, but here is where I think I got it. Should be from Microsoft but looks a tad bit different from where I got it a few days ago.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
Reply/Quote
On a related topic, how about some of the new rebranding/acquisitions coming up with all of this? XBox Music now Groove. Microsoft's acquisition of Wunderlist (which I love, so hopefully good things to come). Rebranding of Lync to Skype Business (confused the hell out of me on my phone). Any other changes that have been made that you've been seeing that have intrigued you our befuddled you?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I'm also a big fan of Microsoft and to be honest, Windows 10 is an awesome OS. I was in the Insider Preview program since it started, and alot of bugs that others and myself reported were fixed by the next "build" . I can definitely recommend Windows 10 Smirk
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
Well, I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10 on the way. This evening, my cat knocked over a drink onto my laptop and it is dead. So, I both thanked and cursed him for causing me to order a Surface (I have been wanting one, but hadn't finished saving for one) and ordered one using my wife's computer.

So I will be able to report more on that in about a week or so. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm still waiting on mine to update. I'm one of those weird folks that is a Microsoft loyalist, so I signed up early on. I really can't wait for the phone upgrades int he next couple of months.

I tried being patient with my Windows Phone, I really did. But I gave up after a year. The app store is total garbage.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, I have experienced my first Windows 10 nightmare.  Friday evening, was streaming the game, stream channel went dead.  So, I selected another link, and got a virus, the dreaded 895 system 32 error..  Long story short, traditional ways of getting rid of the virus don't work.

Thankfully, my brother in law, who is quite computer savvy, was over for Sunday dinner today.  He was able to get rid of the problem, and strongly encouraged me to allow him to completely reset the computer.  It is still in reset operations, been 6.5 hrs. now.  I hijacked my old machine back from my wife for the evening.  Anyway, brother in law told me that in the future, to either use a machine with a pre Win 10 OS to stream the game, or to simply take him up and use one of his 4 device licenses for Sunday Ticket. LOL

I thought that was pretty cool of him, with him being a Ravens fan, and all...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 09:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I have experienced my first Windows 10 nightmare.  Friday evening, was streaming the game, stream channel went dead.  So, I selected another link, and got a virus, the dreaded 895 system 32 error..  Long story short, traditional ways of getting rid of the virus don't work.

Thankfully, my brother in law, who is quite computer savvy, was over for Sunday dinner today.  He was able to get rid of the problem, and strongly encouraged me to allow him to completely reset the computer.  It is still in reset operations, been 6.5 hrs. now.  I hijacked my old machine back from my wife for the evening.  Anyway, brother in law told me that in the future, to either use a machine with a pre Win 10 OS to stream the game, or to simply take him up and use one of his 4 device licenses for Sunday Ticket. LOL

I thought that was pretty cool of him, with him being a Ravens fan, and all...

Windows 7...Windows 7..............
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 09:38 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Windows 7...Windows 7..............

Yeah, I think that I may just get an older machine, with 7 on it, just for streaming and such.  People are selling them online around here for as low as $100.  In fact, my "backup" machine, that I gave to my wife, that I'm actually on now, is a 7 machine.  I can fix problems on this one..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I think that I may just get an older machine, with 7 on it, just for streaming and such.  People are selling them online around here for as low as $100.  In fact, my "backup" machine, that I gave to my wife, that I'm actually on now, is a 7 machine.  I can fix problems on this one..

I use Windows 7 on my HTPC for Windows Media Center..  I've upgraded my laptop and tablet OS to 10 and it is night and day better than 8.1 was.  If you are on 8.1 and don't have any apps that have to run on it, the 10 upgrade is a no-brainer.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 09:38 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Windows 7...Windows 7..............

i updated to 10 on my Surface pro 3...It is great.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 04:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: i updated to 10 on my Surface pro 3...It is great.  

I get my Surface 3 tomorrow. I didn't go pro since the 3 runs full Windows now and I mainly need it for Office and farting around. So excited.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 09:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I get my Surface 3 tomorrow. I didn't go pro since the 3 runs full Windows now and I mainly need it for Office and farting around. So excited.

Hold off on updating to 10.  I have been reading that there have been some issues with the 3 not being able to function properly on 10.  Otherwise, welcome to the family.  you are going to love your surface.  

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 10:56 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Hold off on updating to 10.  I have been reading that there have been some issues with the 3 not being able to function properly on 10.  Otherwise, welcome to the family.  you are going to love your surface.  

Well, it came with 10 installed, so not much can be done there. To be honest, no problems with it so far.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 04:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, it came with 10 installed, so not much can be done there. To be honest, no problems with it so far.

Oh wow...Good to hear no problems though.  I piece of advice.  Windows 10 has been having issues with the system defragmenting the SSD which can cause the system to hang and run high and hot at times.  GO into the settings and turn off the optimizer for the SSD.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 04:42 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Oh wow...Good to hear no problems though.  I piece of advice.  Windows 10 has been having issues with the system defragmenting the SSD which can cause the system to hang and run high and hot at times.  GO into the settings and turn off the optimizer for the SSD.

Done and done.

Reply/Quote
So now I find myself looking for a good free, antivirus software. My work provides free antivirus stuff, but they do not yet have it available for 10. Any leads?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 07:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So now I find myself looking for a good free, antivirus software. My work provides free antivirus stuff, but they do not yet have it available for 10. Any leads?

Why?...I truly mean that.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 07:45 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why?...I truly mean that.

...a I missing something? Is it not necessary and/or I there something else I should be looking for instead?

Reply/Quote