Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Special Olympics really be televised?
(08-02-2015, 11:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Televised poker is worse.

rep
Reply/Quote
Did anyone make a joke about watching the Bengals in the 90s, yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 07:58 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Seeing people compete in the special Olympics could be really inspiring to someone watching that happens to be handicapped.  I think televising it is a good thing.

Well, for once i will admit that i was probably wrong.
Reply/Quote
Much respect Fred!
Reply/Quote
The UK does a lot for their special Olympians. Lots of coverage and its taken quite seriously by the broadcasters . I love it when they call them superhumans.

Video from the ringer.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 01:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well, for once i will admit that i was probably wrong.

You don't understand how proud I am that my post at least contributed to this revelation.

My objective has been completed, and I can retire now.  Johnny Cupcakes rides into the sunset with this one, fellas.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
UK Promo for Superhumans. This is pretty cool.

Reply/Quote
They are really good athletes. There are also people who cannot make the games and want to see people they know compete.

They're not completely unaware of themselves. The idea of performing live on TV and broadcasted across the country invokes a lot of pride in them.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 11:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Televised poker is worse.

Blind people playing poker would be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 07:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who really wants to watch the special Olympics?  The only reason to watch is because they are handicapped not because of their athletic ability.  That seems more like exploitation than actually honoring them.

I am not against the Special Olympics.  I think it is a really great thing for the participants.  I just don't think it needs to be marketed as a spectator event.

The way the Bengals played in the playoffs the past four years, you could deem them "special"
Reply/Quote