Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone feel like we won't see another Super bowl anytime soon?
The talent is there except on oline, that gets shored up and the defense can stay solid they'll be in the conversation for a while. It'll obviously be difficult as it always is to make a sb, but the afc is loaded with sb caliber qbs. AFC seem to look like the harder conference to make it there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of comments about all the cap space we’ll have. I seem to remember the Bengals ALWAYS seeming to have a lot of cap space. I’ll be surprised if they spend a lot of it this year. Will they spend some, of course! Will they spend most of it to sign big name free agents? Doubtful. Mike Brown doesn’t like to spend that close to the cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:07 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I see a lot of comments about all the cap space we’ll have. I seem to remember the Bengals ALWAYS seeming to have a lot of cap space.  I’ll be surprised if they spend a lot of it this year.  Will they spend some, of course!  Will they spend most of it to sign big name free agents? Doubtful.  Mike Brown doesn’t like to spend that close to the cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta go for it now before Burrow makes $40 million a year. Higgins in a couple years will get a huge contract.

I kind of feel like Burrows rookie deal contributed to them spending in free agency.
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
Break the bank on 2 FA offensive lineman ..get rid of Trae Waynes and free up all that money.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Break the bank on 2 FA offensive lineman ..get rid of Trae Waynes and free up all that money.

The Wayne's situation is so odd. Got all that money and always hurt.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:34 PM)bjf123 Wrote: My biggest fear is we’ll see Dan Marino, Part 2 in Cincinnati.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even worse, Andrew Luck Part 2.
Reply/Quote
I’ve never been more confident in the team. They’ll be back in the SB before Burrow’s rookie deal is up.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Remember when some of us said there would be those in this forum that would bytch if we made it to the Super Bowl and others said no way in hell that would happen?

Have these last 24 hours changed anyone's mind?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My best guess is the Bengals will be even better next season.. Even better than that the season after.. Even better yet again the next season.. I have faith they can be in the Super Bowl again within 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:57 PM)M.W. Wrote: My best guess is the Bengals will be even better next season.. Even better than that the season after.. Even better yet again the next season.. I have faith they can be in the Super Bowl again within 3 years.

I think that's possible.
Reply/Quote
I really wanted this one because it is really tough to get to the Superbowl. I am a little worried because I think we have a small window to get back immediately in the next year or two. But once we have to start paying Burrow and Chase and have to build the defense mainly in the draft it will be tough to have the kind of unit we have now. We got really lucky with health this year so I really think we need to draft some players that can be solid contributors on defense. I'd like to draft a CB,LB and DT/DE. Also we need to really get this line fixed in a big way we need to protect Burrow and give him time while also make the running game more consistent. I think thats gonna be a lot harder to do in one year and get it right then a lot of us think.
Reply/Quote
I was listening to the Rich Eisen show while driving around today. He had on Trent Dilfer who was completely unimpressed with the Bengals future. He said the DL was going to be badly downgraded with departures of Hill and Ogunjobi, the OL needed more than a year to fix and our defensive backfield needs help. He said Bengals won't repeat as division winners in such a tough division.

It sure is nice to hear the "respect" being showered on the Bengals. Here's to hoping there's more crow served up next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:32 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I was listening to the Rich Eisen show while driving around today. He had on Trent Dilfer who was completely unimpressed with the Bengals future. He said the DL was going to be badly downgraded with departures of Hill and Ogunjobi, the OL needed more than a year to fix and our defensive backfield needs help. He said Bengals won't repeat as division winners in such a tough division.

It sure is nice to hear the "respect" being showered on the Bengals. Here's to hoping there's more crow served up next year.

Well...if we lose free agents that are quality we could get worse. Also, they've been trying to fix the line for about 5 years.

I could see both sides of this. That said, we get Ossai back. And the team has been spending, so who knows?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:32 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I was listening to the Rich Eisen show while driving around today. He had on Trent Dilfer who was completely unimpressed with the Bengals future. He said the DL was going to be badly downgraded with departures of Hill and Ogunjobi, the OL needed more than a year to fix and our defensive backfield needs help. He said Bengals won't repeat as division winners in such a tough division.

It’s pretty unlikely we’ll lose both Ogunjobi and Hill. I would think they sign at least one of them.

Saying our secondary needs help is a bit of a stretch. Even if they don’t tag or re-sign Bates and he leaves they still have Awuzie (top 3 graded CB by PFF), one of the best slot guy’s in Hilton, and a really good safety in Bell.

As far as the division? I like our chances as long as we stay relatively healthy, and the Steelers don’t land Aaron Rodgers or something crazy. We have the best QB by far. Unless Lamar reruns to MVP form, which tbh I don’t see happening.

Reply/Quote
Mo said something on his radio show today about of the last 23 organizations to lose a Super Bowl only 3 have returned within a 5 year span. Next year will be much harder because they will have all of the top division cross over opponents. Just getting to the playoffs next year will take a monumental effort.
Reply/Quote

I didn't hear Trent Dilfer so your summary of his comments is a possible scenario. The question is whether the Bengals front office that we saw the last two years, with heavy investment in free agents, is something that will continue, or whether they will go into maintenance mode, watching the bottom line.

I've been around since the franchise started and saw the decline after the first two Super Bowls and the 30-year drought. I'm optimistic, but guarded. Some of the NFL owners are rich tycoons, including the Rams owner, who is the 2nd or third richest owner and is worth almost 11 billions dollars. The Browns have always operated differently, since this is their business. The time to strike is now and spending now would also comfort the fan base. But Dilfer seems to think that won't happen, that we will lose Hill and Ojunjobi and try to develop our OL and defensive backfield rather than get proven talent. 

We will see. I'm guarded, having been down this road before.
Reply/Quote
Did I respond to this yet?

No. We'll win it next year. Count on it.
Reply/Quote
Dilfer doesn't know what he's talking about as usual. They will sign one or both of Hill and Ogunjobi and also extend Bates. They also will resign Spain.

The OL is not a multi-year fix project it is doable in Free Agency by retooling the right side completely.
Reply/Quote
No. Coming from the most skeptical sumbitch around. They’re primed.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 11:24 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Mo said something on his radio show today about of the last 23 organizations to lose a Super Bowl only 3 have returned within a 5 year span. Next year will be much harder because they will have all of the top division cross over opponents. Just getting to the playoffs next year will take a monumental effort.

Every team would have multiple Super Bowls if it was as easy as some make it seem. The great Manning Indy teams could barely make it in a weak division. Many great teams over the years didn't make it at all, and/or don't make it back.

Next year we won't be sneaking up on anyone, and the division will be drafting to stop us. Let alone we need to get over the Cleveland hump as they were very close to taking the division. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote