Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone intentionally NOT watching MNF?
(09-30-2019, 02:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What kind of a fan chooses NOT to watch their team? Can you even call them a fan?

Actually, I think the better question is there anyone intentionally NOT posting in the GameDay thread? Smirk

I checked out the last couple of weeks of last season. I have my daughter every Sunday, and figured it was better to do things that she likes with her instead of wasting 3 hours on a sinking ship. They aren't sunk this season yet... And it's Monday.

This sure doesn't feel the same as Steelers weeks have for the last decade and a half though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 02:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Me. I don't like technology on during games; I leave my phone alone and don't touch my laptop, though I'll go on sometimes at halftime.

Tonight I need to stream though, so that is out, but I'm still not posting!

Like last week against Buffalo, i'll start off 100% on the game with the laptop closed. If it gets bad, like it did last week, i'll jump in the Gameday thread to up my personal entertainment value. 

And hopefully, no one will threaten to beat me up.  Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 02:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like last week against Buffalo, i'll start off 100% on the game with the laptop closed. If it gets bad, like it did last week, i'll jump in the Gameday thread to up my personal entertainment value. 

That's why I start out in the GameDay thread. It's pure entertainment. To see the bipolarity (is that a word) that goes on from when the Bengals do poorly to when they do well, it almost makes it worth seeing the Bengals lose. Almost.

(09-30-2019, 02:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And hopefully, no one with threaten to beat me up.  Nervous

That was priceless.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is the game on local Network? I do not have ESPN, but I believe I can get local channel 5...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is the game on local Network?  I do not have ESPN, but I believe I can get local channel 5...

IF you still can't find it try reddit.com/r/nflstreams

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm watching. Got a case of beer to dull the pain
Reply/Quote
ill never miss a game regardless of how much they piss me off. going home working out then putting the game on. cant wait. hope ross can continue to prove me wrong get better each week. hope pratt makes a leap and shows us something. william Jackson needs to step up but point being is i wanna see what this team has to build off of for next year. need mixon and boyd to play well. wanna watch jordan at LG etc. i already know the dline is gonna work its ass off so im not worried about that
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is the game on local Network?  I do not have ESPN, but I believe I can get local channel 5...

Looks like it will be on WLWT:
https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listings/channel/69022202/wlwt-hdtv.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like it will be on WLWT:
https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listings/channel/69022202/wlwt-hdtv.html

nice!

Well, I just tried to get WLWT and now cannot get the station.. great.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 02:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What kind of a fan chooses NOT to watch their team? Can you even call them a fan?

The kind that feels like every time he watches, they lose.  I'm trying to break the jinx... call me superstitious, but I'll try ANYTHING at this point.
- Born in Cincinnati in '71, been a fan my whole life... don't even bother questioning my fandom.   Whatever Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 04:18 PM)Tomkat Wrote:  
The kind that feels like every time he watches, they lose.  I'm trying to break the jinx... call me superstitious, but I'll try ANYTHING at this point.
- Born in Cincinnati in '71, been a fan my whole life... don't even bother questioning my fandom.   Whatever Whatever

But what makes you think it’s your fault and not mine or somebody else’s? You seem awfully full of yourself to think the bengals only lose because of you lol jk...only one person is to blame for the Bengals always losing and he’s probably too cheap to have internet connection to be able to post on this free message board
Reply/Quote

You do realize that that's a load of bull, right? The Bengals will win or lose based on a lot of factors but not a single one of them has to do with who is or is not watching the game.

The outcome tonight will be the same no matter if you watch it or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 04:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: nice!

The game will be on 5.1 with an over the air antenna , 505 on Cincinnati Bell Fioptics , 1005 on Spectrum.  Pregame show "Ready to Roar" starts at 7pm on channel 5. Hope you see the game, if not I'm sure someone will post a link to a stream of it.
Reply/Quote
I'll have it on, but I imagine I'll be paying more attention to WWE or Overwatch than the game.
Reply/Quote
Is the game on locally?

Nvm. Answered two posts above

Edit 2)
Is it airing locally in Dayton?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

My wife is like that during UK Basketball games. She's always there near the TV listening, but she won't watch cause she thinks it jinxs them. She'll listen and play games on her phone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 04:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You do realize that that's a load of bull, right? The Bengals will win or lose based on a lot of factors but not a single one of them has to do with who is or is not watching the game.

The outcome tonight will be the same no matter if you watch it or not.

Buzzkill   Mellow

Reply/Quote
I'll be watching with the sound down and the radio up with Lap and Dan. I can't handle Booger McFarland. I don't care if there's a few seconds difference. It's kind of cool knowing what's going to happen before I see it (unless it's something bad).
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 03:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's why I start out in the GameDay thread. It's pure entertainment. To see the bipolarity (is that a word) that goes on......

After you murdered the English language, I was initially sad and yet I laughed because I realized that polarity essentially describes presence of two distinct charges AND certain species of bear.

Then I became enraged, because I realized that being simultaneously sad and joyful, is not healthy.

Currently, I am visualizing the outcome of throwing a tiger and a steel worker in a cage...........just for kicks.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 04:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: nice!

I blame it on Tomkat.  That guy.  I tells ya.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote