Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone watching "Alone"?
It is a show about 10 guys dropped off in the wilderness to survive on their own. No camera crews with them. they have to film themselves.

http://www.history.com/shows/alone

It was pretty interesting for the first few weeks, but the last couple of shows have dragged a bit because no one is dropping out (they are down to 4) or doing anything really new. They have been in the wild for over 7 weeks now. They are on Vancouver Island and it has been raining all the time, but now winter is setting in. I am using the present tense, but of course all of this has already happened.

However a couple are supposed to drop out tonight (10 PM EST on the History Channel), and next week will be the final episode.
Reply/Quote
I've been watching, and I agree, it has gotten dull the past few weeks. The promo that I saw last night, claims that 2 will quit this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've been watching, and I agree, it has gotten dull the past few weeks. The promo that I saw last night, claims that 2 will quit this week.

love the show they are down to 2 yeah its a little slow only a few guys to show now and only what they film of themselves... so thats to be expected.

only thing that stops alan from winning this thing is alan imo
Reply/Quote
I've liked it the whole way. It should bore me with only 4 (I haven't seen last night's yet) but for some reason it doesn't.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 02:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've liked it the whole way. It should bore me with only 4 (I haven't seen last night's yet) but for some reason it doesn't.

alan and dude that made the guitar are great to watch especially alan lol dude cracks me up..

But when the guy with the guitar started singing about being in the woods to long i lost it..
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 05:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: But when the guy with the guitar started singing about being in the woods to long i lost it..

Lucas, I think.

I thought he would be one of the first ones to tap out.  Surprised he stayed as long as he did.
Reply/Quote
Just went to History.com and watched some bonus videos. Wanted to see Sam return to his pregnant wife and Mitch return to his mom who had brain cancer. Sam was 240 when he started the challenge. He guessed that he had lost 50 lbs before he stepped on the scales, but instead of 190 he weighed 162. And that was after a day he claimed he had been eating non-stop. So he had actually probably lost close to 90 lbs in just 56 days.

It must have been well inot December when it ended because everyone had Christmas trees up when the guys came home.
Reply/Quote
Even though these guys went through a very serious mental test I think it is worth noting that while they were suffering the worst they still knew they could be home whenever they wanted.

It would be much different to be stranded out in the wilderness not knowing if help is ever going to arrive. I think that would make you go crazy much faster.
Reply/Quote
I watched the show and enjoyed it a lot.

I was surprised how very few of them had any issues with animals. Not disappointed, just found it shocking.

I was happy for Alan. Seemed like a cool guy and had a funny personality. Mitch and him were the two guys I was rooting for, but I couldn't blame Mitch for leaving with his ailing Mother. Lucas was a little too whiny for my taste.
Reply/Quote
Just based on attitude I guessed Sam and Alan as the last 2 but thought Sam would be the last guy.

And yes Fred it was very near Christmas. They started Oct 22.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Oh and I liked Alan's musings in humans at the end. So tired of hearing how awful we are and how we are a parasite and don't belong here. The way we exist may change. We may go from Roman ruled Britain to Dark Ages Britain at some time, but we will always be here.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 12:12 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I watched the show and enjoyed it a lot.

I was surprised how very few of them had any issues with animals. Not disappointed, just found it shocking.

I was happy for Alan. Seemed like a cool guy and had a funny personality. Mitch and him were the two guys I was rooting for, but I couldn't blame Mitch for leaving with his ailing Mother. Lucas was a little too whiny for my taste.

thought lucas could have gone longer.... he was set up pretty nicely but the mental aspect wore him diown i guess.
Reply/Quote
I always watch things alone.

Sad
Reply/Quote
I watched all the episodes.

to Fred's point though - i think the thought process of hey, i could leave whenever worked against them in a lot of ways too.

if I did not know that I would ever get picked up I would be doing anything and everything to find food
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:27 PM)BANJAXED Wrote: I watched all the episodes.

to Fred's point though - i think the thought process of hey, i could leave whenever worked against them in a lot of ways too.

if I did not know that I would ever get picked up I would be doing anything and everything to find food

metal toughness was part of the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 01:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: metal toughness was part of the game.

very true, I dont think I could ever stick my hand into the seas and pull out a chunky slimy piece of bull kelp to just make ends meet lol
Reply/Quote