Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apple Needs to STFU
His mom is a twitter menace as well. She went at Emmanual Acho previously.

"You’re so called media guy who did s--t in the league constantly trashing Herbert & other guys doing more than your bum ass ever dreamed," she tweeted. "Then you’re bringing up my son. I’m sure your mom is proud you’ve carved out a niche being racists favorite negro tho. Congrats? What a Clown.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ask any corner to guard Cooper Kupp 1 on 1 while the offense is on the opponent's 1 yard line. Kupp is catching the ball 9/10 times

Correct. I've watched that play quite a few times. Apple covered Kupp flawlessly. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:01 PM)Destro Wrote: "Apple gets burned online only half as much as he does on the field."

LOL It's funny cause it's true. Whenever there's a deep ball completion against our D, the first thing that yells out of my mouth is "Gotta be F'n Apple!"

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL It's funny cause it's true. Whenever there's a deep ball completion against our D, the first thing that yells out of my mouth is "Gotta be F'n Apple!"

But when you watch last week, CTB is the guy who let receivers get behind him. Thankfully Allen overthrew Diggs on their first drive, and CTB knocked the ball out of Gabe Davis’ hands
Reply/Quote
I don't think I ever posted anything that got this much reaction.

Sniff. So proud. LOL

One thing we can all count on is that everyone has a different opinion.

My point was just that I prefer swagger without rubbing it in. There's cocky and there is classless...It's a fine line.

To each his own. No worries.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:14 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Yeah, I saw this and Eli & his mom are getting roasted for this too.  Stuff like taking from Damar's charity

Twitter is wild

Saw a news article today about some wacky conspiracy theory where people were claiming Damar actually passed away and the person at the game last Sunday was a clone.    I guess it was being spread other places but Twitter is a mess.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:17 PM)kdgjr Wrote:  making fun of Allen and Diggs' secret handshake

Oh the horror Cry

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 01:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Y'all loved when burfict took head shots but fall apart when Eli tweets.

Talk about snowflakes.

Not that cut and dry. We did not like his shenanigans during the 2015 playoff loss to the steelers. Many did (including myself) get excited when Burfict would seek revenge on a steeler during a game as long as it didn't cost us a game.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:34 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Oh the horror Cry

via GIPHY

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:05 PM)Destro Wrote: His mom is a twitter menace as well. She went at Emmanual Acho previously.

"You’re so called media guy who did s--t in the league constantly trashing Herbert & other guys doing more than your bum ass ever dreamed," she tweeted. "Then you’re bringing up my son. I’m sure your mom is proud you’ve carved out a niche being racists favorite negro tho. Congrats? What a Clown.

Dude, Twitter is a menace.  It's a toxic marketplace.  It started off in a better place, like so many other social media platforms, but has sunk to the same low ground.  I don't spend any time there and don't know why anyone takes anything they read there seriously.  It's a platform specifically built to get reactions, hence the character limits to condense any details and put a full thought into a fraction of itself.  

I couldn't care less what Eli or his mom tweets.  If anyone is losing sleep over that, it might be time to invest in a hobby. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:10 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Dude, Twitter is a menace.  It's a toxic marketplace. 

No argument about that from me. I don't have one or anything else for that matter. I have a facebook that I don't post on. I think I have done one "like" in the past 6 months and it was the Bengals win post by the NFL ( I follow them or whatever ). 

Social media supercharged weirdos and people with personality disorders. The "clout chasing" is ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:10 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Dude, Twitter is a menace.  It's a toxic marketplace.  It started off in a better place, like so many other social media platforms, but has sunk to the same low ground.  I don't spend any time there and don't know why anyone takes anything they read there seriously.  It's a platform specifically built to get reactions, hence the character limits to condense any details and put a full thought into a fraction of itself.  

I couldn't care less what Eli or his mom tweets.  If anyone is losing sleep over that, it might be time to invest in a hobby. 

I recommend posting about the Bengals on an internet forum. You can discuss tweets players make.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:37 PM)Destro Wrote: He did WHAT? 
I think Burrow, Chase, Tee, Boyd, Mixon, Uzomah, Hubbard, Hendrickson, Wilson, Hilton, Bates, Bell, McPherson and Pratt have a better argument of "got" anyone anywhere. Apple was on the team, yeah. Just bring back Fred Johnson and Isiah Prince since that is what matters.

And Apple was trash in the Super Bowl. Game sealing sucked.
You are foolish man he was our number 2 CB last year and he did the same this year you could argue he was the number 1 CB this year. But yeah let's not count the contribution of a CB in a passing league.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:16 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You are foolish man he was our number 2 CB last year and he did the same this year you could argue he was the number 1 CB this year. But yeah let's not count the contribution of a CB in a passing league.  

Doesn't change anything I said in response to what you said. I know you want to fly past that part.

He is literally the lowest ranked defender on the team, two years running. By your metric, I could go out there and it would count, no matter if I get my ankles broken. Someone has to be the bottom of the starting lineup, and he just happens to be it. Added to that, he is a corny clown. 

People feeding him grapes like he is great, who in the starting defense is worse than him then?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:31 AM)Destro Wrote: Doesn't change anything I said in response to what you said. I know you want to fly past that part.

He is literally the lowest ranked defender on the team, two years running. By your metric, I could go out there and it would count, no matter if I get my ankles broken. Someone has to be the bottom of the starting lineup, and he just happens to be it. Added to that, he is a corny clown. 

People feeding him grapes like he is great, who in the starting defense is worse than him then?

Eli is currently a better cover corner than CTB. And this is coming from a big CTB guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:31 AM)Destro Wrote: Doesn't change anything I said in response to what you said. I know you want to fly past that part.

Where did you find this scale that tells you the value of each players contribution?

I guess you take PFF as truth.

If you are in a Bengals uniform and are currently on this team, I got your back. I am rooting you on every step of the way. I am not a fan of the backup QB Allen, but I will root my ass off for him till he is no longer a Bengal.

I do not look for a Bengal player to point at and say you are the worst I will leave that up to you to judge people. We are in the playoffs this is not the time to figure out how to improve the team by letting players walk or signing new guys or keeping guys and re-signing guys. It is the time to root for your team and enjoy the playoffs that we have been trying so hard to get too for years.
Reply/Quote
You guys realize his Uncle is comedian and Ultimate Troll Michael Blackson? He's obviously setting up for a career after football and it runs in the family. I personally love it! Talk your shit Eli... This team has an edge like it never had before. The confidence is through the roof...
Reply/Quote
The Eli "hate" reminds me of Chris Crocker. For some reason, lots of fans hate the dude, but he's valuable to the team.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eli is currently a better cover corner than CTB. And this is coming from a big CTB guy.

Is this an emotional take or do you have stats to back it up?  I don't subscribe to PFF anymore so I can't speak to player grading there.  So for me, i'd have to use what stats are available.....0 ints, lower tackles, no forced TOs....

Using just the eye test I'd say they're about equal in coverage.  

I would think a "better" cover corner would at least be capable of snagging some INTs.

I'll close with some bullets from Eli's scouting report coming out of college...he hasn't changed a bit...the guy does not learn.  

Quote:• Apple has an almost pathological aversion to the football. He often doesn’t even attempt to look for the ball and make a play on it, instead choosing to stay focused on his man and play with his back to the quarterback. Last season, had just one pick and four pass breakups; there could have been many more INTs but for this flaw.

• Apple will whiff completely at times in the run game. He earned a solid grade in that area this season, so overall it's a strength, but when he misses, he tends to miss badly for big plays.
• He's out of his comfort zone (pun intended) playing in zone-coverage at the moment for Ohio State; prefers being able to lock onto a receiver.
• Apple can get too grabby in coverage; he likes to get hands on receivers and ride them through the route. He doesn’t need the contact to cover, so that should be fixable, but it will cost him flags early in the NFL.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Eli "hate" reminds me of Chris Crocker. For some reason, lots of fans hate the dude, but he's valuable to the team.

Who the heck hated him lol?  Everyone loved him i thought.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote