Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apple Needs to STFU
(01-26-2023, 11:52 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: I thought CTB was promoted ahead of him for a game, but then Awuzie got injured and Apple became a starter again?

I forgot about that. Hilton never played on the outside though, which is what dude was asking about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Going back even further, I remember when everyone would say they wished Chad would knock it off when he was sending Pepto-Bismal to the backfield prior to the game, showing the media a list of corners he was scheduled to play, then publicly place checks by their name after the game stating they couldn't cover him (whether they did or not), guaranteeing wins, etc. Now everyone loves Chad (including me) and there is a nostalgia to get him back in the building in some shape or form. Can you imagine if social media was as big as it is now when he was playing? 

Yep, I remember a lot of pearl-clutching about Chad's antics back then too.  It's very similar actually, because Chad didn't care, like you said, even if the CB had completely locked him down, he would still talk trash afterwards.  I think some folks just take it more seriously than the actual players do.  This stuff is all in good fun, if a few thin-skinned people get bothered by it, OH WELL. I'd rather sit back and laugh at it than let it get my blood pressure up.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Considering our season would probably have gone down the drain without him (seriously - are we in the AFCCG with Tre Flowers or Alan George as a starting outside CB?), I’d say he’s well worth it.

It’s not like I’m hoping the guy gets injured or he should get cut tonight. It is that his play is nowhere near his mouth level. He talks like he is Jalen Ramsey at 10% of the talent ( and I can’t stand Ramsey.)

A healthy Chido and this guy can ride the bench until quarters coverage.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Another touchy feely moment in the lives of certain Bengals fans .. Will Marsha say yes to John? Will John get caught jerking off in the boys room? Will Eli issue another tweet that somewhat upsets someone for some generic reason? Check in Sunday for the next exciting episode of Will Eli pick off Pat and rub his nose it it?  Hilarious
The way I think of this stuff if you haven't personally made me go.."Hmmm...That's mildly rude in a touchy feely kind of way" you're just not trying.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:27 AM)Destro Wrote: PFF is not gospel, but it is one of many places where you can look up stats and see how he compares to the rest of the team, which is below. You watch the games for the past two years and the eye ranking will tell you the same. His peers feel the same way. Just because he is a Bengals does not mean he can't suck. 

I hope for him to have a great game. I have said as much in Game Day threads. Reality he is the biggest liability on defense, easily. He will get a pass break up, people, including himself will act like he is Revis. He will bite inside, give up 30 yards or a TD and everyone gets quiet again. I didn't get an answer on who is a worse starting defender.

Today, we are also adding in that he gets on the internet like a 15 year old kid who talks crap on the internet. As much crap as the O-line has been in the past number of years, you don't hear them say anything, or anything said about them by fellow players. Why Apple? Because he pretty much sucks when it comes to personality. 

First again this is not the time to look for weak links to replace that is offseason talk.

He will look into the backfield at the QB to try to jump a route and get a pick then get beat deep. Cam said he was doing the same thing and him and Apple needed to clean this up. Pacman said the same in a Bleav podcast stop looking in the backfield. They had a guest from the Bengals on that day and Pacman said get him word to stop that because he is a great cover corner if he just stops looking at the QB.

Again I refuse to say who I think the worst defender on D might be because this is not the offseason.

It sounds like you do not want Apple to celebrate at all if he makes a good play which is just crazy talk since all players celebrate on O or D when they make good plays. Well 99% of them do. 

As far as social media goes it is his spare time he can do as he wishes with that as long as he is not breaking the law which would in turn hurt the team. The only issue that might arise from that is if Zac does not think it goes in line with the culture he has built here. But that is Zac's decision to make not ours.

P.S. If you think we got a better corner on the team right now call for him to replace Apple that is the only option, you got right now in my eyes for a change.
Reply/Quote