Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 6th Bengals Cap Space
(04-10-2024, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All understandable, actually makes me think it is possible when I didn't think so.

We are in a better spot than a lot of teams and we have the connection with JJ more than anyone else.

The thing is we need those first round picks to build up those things. For example, I think both Amarius Mims and Byron Murphy are 
extremely special players in the trenches that can only be had in the first round this year. We would be throwing away possible future 
All Pros for JJ, but hey, I understand as JJ is currently the best WR in the NFL.

JJ is proven, no matter the first round pick they are not. So I understand being really excited about a possible trade here and TLL makes
me now think it is much more possible. PDub had a good spill, but I wasn't taking it too seriously until now.

I really don’t think it’s going to happen. But I would 100% be all for it. If an all pro can be had, you take him. We’re not starting a rookie RT right now anyways.

Now what we do about DT is another issue. We’re facing Henry/Lamaar and Chubb 4 out of 17 games. That could legit be 4 losses, no matter how good our offense is.

But ultimately we need to hit on late picks, which we haven’t been doing recently. And our team is filled with too many “good” players, not enough “pro bowlers”. Tee, Stone, Wilson, Pratt, Hill, Rankins, Hubbard, Bell, Taylor Britt, Orlando Brown, Karas, Hilton. All good players. But none are pro bowl level. But how do you upgrade them? A rookie is going to come in and be so good that they take the veteran off the field? Highly highly doubtful. We’re kind of in this upper/mid level of talent where we’re good, but not dominant.

For true studs We have chase, burrow, Hendrickson. That’s it. We need more to win a SB, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mims can play all over the line, he could take Volson's spot in an instant as a rookie. Murphy would instantly be starting on running downs
and can play on passing downs. Murphy can be elite at both. But yeah, I don't think are going to trade for JJ, but I guess it is a possibility 
unlike I thought before TLL said what he said about elite players never touching Free Agency.

Our team is sitting in a better spot than most with our Cap and our Tee situation if we can use him as a bit of collateral in a trade along 
with our 1st round picks the next couple years in exchange for an elite player in JJ.

Will bump my response to Ell Prez when talking about the possibility of a trade for Justin Jefferson...
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will bump my response to Ell Prez when talking about the possibility of a trade for Justin Jefferson...

I’m actually not sure on your stance lol. You kind of support both sides of keeping our pick to get talent and then also saying we have the possibility to trade for JJ.

You would trade for JJ or you would build through the draft?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 10:38 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m actually not sure on your stance lol. You kind of support both sides of keeping our pick to get talent and then also saying we have the possibility to trade for JJ.

You would trade for JJ or you would build through the draft?

Yes lol

I am open to both now. The Draft is a crapshoot, I have my fave players in the first round, but we all know that no Draft pick is a sure thing.

Trading for JJ would be as sure of a thing as you could get as far as an elite player, he wants to play here, Burrow and Chase want him here, 
we have the Cap and Draft picks and we are in a better place than about any other team to pull off the trade etc.

We can still add the other players in the Drafts to solidify the Defense and the trenches on both sides. I think we would be Super Bowl bound
with a JJ trade honestly. Don't know a team that could stop our passing game if Burrow has time throwing to JJ and Ja'Marr.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 04:28 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I really don’t think it’s going to happen. But I would 100% be all for it. If an all pro can be had, you take him. We’re not starting a rookie RT right now anyways.

Now what we do about DT is another issue. We’re facing Henry/Lamaar and Chubb 4 out of 17 games. That could legit be 4 losses, no matter how good our offense is.

But ultimately we need to hit on late picks, which we haven’t been doing recently. And our team is filled with too many “good” players, not enough “pro bowlers”. Tee, Stone, Wilson, Pratt, Hill, Rankins, Hubbard, Bell, Taylor Britt, Orlando Brown, Karas, Hilton. All good players. But none are pro bowl level. But how do you upgrade them? A rookie is going to come in and be so good that they take the veteran off the field? Highly highly doubtful. We’re kind of in this upper/mid level of talent where we’re good, but not dominant.

For true studs We have chase, burrow, Hendrickson. That’s it. We need more to win a SB, in my opinion.

Yes, we always need to build the trenches on both sides of the ball playing in one of the best divisions in football. As for Chubb, not so sure we will see him 2X in 2024 due to his major knee surgery. He just took a huge pay cut. Will he be the Chubb of old prior to major knee surgery? Who knows, some recover 100%, but others may recover to 100%, but may take a year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 01:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, we always need to build the trenches on both sides of the ball playing in one of the best divisions in football. As for Chubb, not so sure we will see him 2X in 2024 due to his major knee surgery. He just took a huge pay cut. Will he be the Chubb of old prior to major knee surgery? Who knows, some recover 100%, but others may recover to 100%, but may take a year.

The Chubb injury is huge for us as he always gave us problems, guy was great before that injury.

Chris Henry doesn't scare me as long as we add a NT and concentrate on communication and wrapping up on Defense.

Speed at RB is always scarier to me than the big Backs, we handle big Backs pretty well usually.

Guys like Chubb with size and speed are very rare and Henry is getting older with lots of wear and tear and is a cyborg.

When you get those foreign contraptions in your leg the tissue around them, the muscle, everything wears down quicker from what I have heard.
Reply/Quote