Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AquaMock 2.0 (pre-FA)
1. Karl Joseph S West Virginia
[Image: KJoseph-WVU-ins.jpg]

Unfortunately the cat is out of the bag in regards to Joseph. Mayock has him rated as the best safety in the draft, and called him a poor mans Earl Thomas. I was hoping the ACL would cause him to drop a bit, but it's looking like it's of little concern. Dude can hit and cover. One of my favorite players in the draft.

2. Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech
[Image: Tech_Vernon_Butler_at_ULL2014.jpg]

Excellent athlete for his size. DT is a deep class so he should be there at our 2nd pick. Has power and quickness, but can let his pad level get too high. Coach him up and he could become a force.

3. Aaron Burbridge WR Michigan State
[Image: 635784340403898666-SMG-20150919-pjc-bc2-10.jpg]

Spectacular body control and aggressiveness. Excels at timing routes. Very good route runner. Doesn't handle press very well and has inconsistent hands at times.

4. Deiondre' Hall CB Northern Iowa
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Has arms longer than some offensive tackles. Not afraid to hit and racked up a lot of tackles and forced fumbles for a corner. Can track the ball and catch it (6 INTs as a senior and 13 for his career). A slow 40 drops him to the 4th.

5. Connor McGovern G Missouri
[Image: Connor-McGovern_20150919_fbvsUConn_008.jpg]

Decent pass pro, but not very good in the run game. Good combine performance. Give him a year in an NFL weight room and at worst he'll be a decent backup.

6. Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame
[Image: jaylon-smith-notre-dame-injury-5cce2ac6fd175607.jpg]

This kid would have easily gone in the 1st round if it wasn't for the injury. Throw in nerve damage on top of that and he very well could be still available this late (maybe even later). Best case: he sits for at least a year than gets back close to what he was pre-injury. Worst case: Never plays again.

7. Andy Phillips K Utah
[Image: 1385078.jpg]

Championship. Strong and accurate leg. Good bye Nuge. Did you get your tickets?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd be cool with Joseph if we bomb fa, but I really think we'll be set there. Would be hard to swallow a first round pick that (hopefully) would sit 3-4 years.

like 3-4, but I don't see smith lasting till 6. I'll be surprised if he makes it passed the second unless he hasn't made any progress by his April re-check.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 11:07 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd be cool with Joseph if we bomb fa, but I really think we'll be set there. Would be hard to swallow a first round pick that (hopefully) would sit 3-4 years.

like 3-4, but I don't see smith lasting till 6. I'll be surprised if he makes it passed the second unless he hasn't made any progress by his April re-check.

Fair enough, I'm assuming we only keep Nelson or Iloka (not both). I don't really like the idea of our first round picks sitting for a while either, but the Bengals have shown they're willing to do that in the past (Kirkpatrick, Dennard, and Ogbuehi). 

As for the Smith pick I am going by what we know right now. He vary well could be improving come April and in that case he wouldn't last till the 6th. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Joseph is damn good don't get me wrong but i think we will atleast bring back Reggie and we have
Shawn as our up and comer to replace George, damn it. Derron Smith i also think will be very good
in the future. Would not hate the pick of course but there might be other bigger needs like LB'er or
WR here considering if we bring back MLJ.

Butler, Burbridge and Hall are excellent picks.

Getting Jaylon this late would be great if he can play eventually, but that is the question and why
this is definately possible.

I like the Draft, i just want a Center badly, that is our biggest hole once again.
Reply/Quote