Poll: Are Bengals a Superbowl Team This Year?
This poll is closed.
YES
74.24%
49 74.24%
NO
25.76%
17 25.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are Bengals a Superbowl Team?
I'm sure all of us that voted yes have trepidation about it. I mean we've all been following this team for however many years. But yeah ... We've proven we can go toe to toe with the best.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This team really FEELS like it could be the team that does it. Almost feels like destiny this year so I’m tempted to just say screw it and vote yes lol

That being said, we’d be a year ahead of schedule imo. I thought we could make the playoffs and maybe win a game this year. Then fix the o line this offseason and be legit contenders next year. We’re right at that mark now.

I won’t flip out and yell they should blow the whole thing up if we don’t win a Super Bowl or even playoff game. We are on track. If the FO stays aggressive this offseason next year will be that year.

That said, this team is as hot as anyone in the league. They absolutely can do it. I’ll need to see it before I genuinely predict that, but I’ve never felt like the bengals winning a super bowl was as realistic as it is today…although this covid mess could ruin our season if it doesn’t clear up very soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:10 PM)jason Wrote: Shame on the other 2 "no's"!!!

Shame!!!

Those are the two guys kicking the dirt and moaning "Now they'll never fire Zac"
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
I tried to vote no, when push came to shove I just couldn’t do it lol
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I tried to vote no, when push came to shove I just couldn’t do it lol

The wya I read it you are not predicting they will make the Super Bowl.  You just feel they have the talent and a legitimate shot.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The wya I read it you are not predicting they will make the Super Bowl.  You just feel they have the talent and a legitimate shot.

Oh, then yeah they absolutely can with this group. Wouldn’t call them favorites but definitely a possibility.
Reply/Quote
Yes we can win a Superbowl but we're not the favorites either. I still think we are a year or 2 away from being a perennial Superbowl team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They gotta get a play off win fellas. I said no until they can find a way to win a post season game.

You really went out on a limb for that one.. Did you struggle bigly to come up with that pronouncement?  I happen to agree with it though..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They're hot at the right time. Why not ?
Reply/Quote
Too bad the Jets aren't in it. We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too bad the Steelers won't make it. We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too bad the 49ers won't reach SB. We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too good the Raiders will make it. We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That’s a dream I’m not prepared to have quite yet. They are hot at the right time and their best is good enough.
I’ll be very happy after a wild card win and then take it from there.
Reply/Quote
We got a chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:11 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Too bad the Jets aren't in it.  We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too bad the Steelers won't make it. We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too bad the 49ers won't reach SB.  We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too good the Raiders will make it. We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}

I REALLY want a 49rs beatdown above all else then Pissburgh in that order..I'd even settle for a few decades of steeler dead last place suckiness. That would do my heart good..  Who Dey Who Dey  The rest? Ehhh A bit lower on my pecking order list i suppose..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: You really went out on a limb for that one.. Did you struggle bigly to come up with that pronouncement?  I happen to agree with it though..

Dude it took me literally like minutes to think on it and type it out. I was getting a massive headache just coming up with the right thing to say.

I might have also been sitting on the John in full blown hunch mode, taking the Browns to the Super Bowl. The only way they will get there.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the OL and consequently the run game is good enough. I think that the teams will force us to run and if we can play a West Coast offense style which Zac Taylor is fundamentally sound in then maybe so. But to advance we’ve got to establish some run game. Expecting Burrow and Chase to deliver like against the Chiefs is too optimistic. Of course a defense that plays like the second half against the Chiefs could absolutely get us to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: We have the ability to beat anyone in the league but also have shown we can lose to anyone.

My thoughts. I’ve thought we were a year away from expecting a deep playoff run, but it’s also certainly possible with the firepower.
Reply/Quote
I voted No, Only because I think we are probably 1 or 2 years away from being true contenders.
I do think we could make it to the AFC Championship game but I think we may fall just short, I still think we need 2 or 3 new pieces on the O-Line as Burrow is still getting hit far to much.
I hope I'm wrong though but if I'm not it's still been a great season
Reply/Quote
Maybe in a year or two. I feel like they're still young and inconsistent. We could definitely go on a run and win it though. It's not like we don't have the talent on the team. As much love as Zac is getting I'm not 100% sold on him yet. Obviously he's able to bring in the talent, but I don't like his play calling a lot of the time. I feel like if he found a really good OC it would put the offense over the top. This group of players definitely gives off a special vibe we all might enjoy for a while.
Reply/Quote
You don't get to choose the year you contend. Yes, our young guys might be better next year. But consider what has happened THIS year:

Burrow came back better than anyone could have hoped
Chase blew up
We hit on every free agent signing except Waynes
We signed Apple off the street to replace Waynes
We have been remarkably lucky with injuries and (so far, knock on wood) Covid
The rest of the division has crapped the bed

All signs say that THIS IS OUR YEAR. So hell yes, this is a Super Bowl team.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:11 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Too bad the Jets aren't in it.  We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}
Too bad the 49ers won't reach SB.  We still owe them payback twice. {Too lazy to research the years}

The Jets games get overlooked because of the Steeler games, but they were hard to watch, especially 1982 and Bucky ***** Dent Freeman ***** McNeil.

But, hey, let's not forget these guys.  We owe them some major payback too.

[Image: scaled.Houston_Texans_Logo.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote