Poll: Are Bengals a Superbowl Team This Year?
This poll is closed.
YES
74.24%
49 74.24%
NO
25.76%
17 25.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are Bengals a Superbowl Team?
(01-07-2022, 11:11 PM)OhioValley Wrote: You can say that about most teams, but not the bengals, Reds, lions, etc

There are certain teams, that even if they went 15-2 or won 115 games, that the past is what defines them.  

They need to win one.  Then Talk bigger and better

I sort of remember the two SB teams from years past.  The first was so unexpected. But the Boomer team had similar vibes to this team.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I certainly think we CAN, but im not sure we have good odds just yet. Fix up the OL and maybe snag another solid pass rusher or corner and our SB window will be wide open for a while.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 12:51 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I sort of remember the two SB teams from years past.  The first was so unexpected. But the Boomer team had similar vibes to this team.  

They are 1-8 in wildcard games

And have 7 playoff losses in a row, as everyone knows.

Talking super bowl before winning a single playoff game is dumb
Reply/Quote
If we play like we did in the second half of the Chiefs game, we can beat anyone. If we go on a turnover/shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot spree, we will be an early exit. We could've/should've beat the Packers and did beat the Chiefs and they are the 2 best teams in the NFL so its definitely possible. SB aside, if we stay hot and dont shoot ourselves in the foot we should see our first playoff win in a loooong time.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:53 AM)OhioValley Wrote: They are 1-8 in wildcard games

And have 7 playoff losses in a row, as everyone knows.

Talking super bowl before winning a single playoff game is dumb

I get it dude, I'm a fan who watched the '90s so I understand the Bungles-cynical driven sentiment, but I'll offer the adage "This is a different team" and by that I mean a Joe Burrow-QB lead team. I'm optimistic this team can win playoff games and win it all.
Reply/Quote
I think that if they do make it to the SB they'll likely run into the same problem the Chiefs ran into against TB when their Oline just couldn't hang.. 
I could be wrong and certainly hope I am, but I don't necessarily think they're quite there. Still missing a piece or two up front.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I feel a different energy from this team.  They seem ego free and selfless.  I think they can go all the way.  Let us hope!

Most definitely if they keep up what they have been doing lately.

Just need to make sure we don't let up after the break, win the first Playoff game in 30+ years and then we will talk.

Need that monkey off our back so bad. What is nice is there is no monkey on Burrow and our player's back.

They don't know what they don't know as Romo said. This is a new age.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They gotta get a play off win fellas. 

This.

I'll answer this question after next week. They need to prove they can win a single playoff game before anyone even thinks about uttering SB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yes, this is a playoff team with Burrow at QB. The defense is suspect but the offense can overcome that. At the same time we’re top 10 in sacks. We can 100% shut down an elite offense when it counts. We also have the best receivers in the NFL. How many Bengals fans thought we could have made a run in 2005? It’s time to revitalize that enthusiasm
Reply/Quote