Poll: Are Bengals a Superbowl Team This Year?
This poll is closed.
YES
74.24%
49 74.24%
NO
25.76%
17 25.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are Bengals a Superbowl Team?
(01-06-2022, 08:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The Jets games get overlooked because of the Steeler games, but they were hard to watch, especially 1982 and Bucky ***** Dent Freeman ***** McNeil.

But, hey, let's not forget these guys.  We owe them some major payback too.

[Image: scaled.Houston_Texans_Logo.jpg]

Pretty sure all was forgiven with Houston when we spanked them with Brandon Allen under center, and Samaje Perine in the backfield last year. Talk about embarrassing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Absolutely they could

Just hinges on what Bengals team shows up though but believe the next two years will be better chances for them to get there actually.

Yet they believe in themselves and have tons of talent. Plus have beaten the Chiefs already and played to the wire with GB and both are listed by many as the odds on favorites.

Yes they can !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 08:55 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure all was forgiven with Houston when we spanked them with Brandon Allen under center, and Samaje Perine in the backfield last year. Talk about embarrassing.

Meh, one regular season game (that I'd forgotten about, and who can blame me) with a back-up QB in a throw-away, four-win season doesn't begin to make up for two playoff losses and a continuation of the 31-year playoff drought, to my way of thinking.  And I wouldn't exactly call a 6-point win a "spanking."  But, to each his own.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, one regular season game (that I'd forgotten about, and who can blame me) with a back-up QB in a throw-away, four-win season doesn't begin to make up for two playoff losses and a continuation of the 31-year playoff drought, to my way of thinking.  And I wouldn't exactly call a 6-point win a "spanking."  But, to each his own.  

Do believe that's the only win that a Brandon Allen led team has had. I didn't look that up. It just feels right.

Pretty confident about it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can they? Sure. They're a division winner, will host a playoff game, and can score with anyone.

Will they? The easy answer is just "no". They're still quite flawed and even the best team is less likely to win than the field is to win. That's just the nature of probability. I also need to see the playoff win drought end before I start investing any emotion in what might happen beyond the wild card round. I am optimistic.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:37 PM)jason Wrote: Do believe that's the only win that a Brandon Allen led team has had. I didn't look that up. It just feels right.

Pretty confident about it.

Well, until we beat the Browns on Sunday, that is  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, until we beat the Browns on Sunday, that is  ThumbsUp

They still playing that game?

In all seriousness, I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to that game months ago. I'm kinda pissed I can't mow my lawn on Sunday. It'll make wonderful background noise. I may even make my first venture into the GameDay Thread.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:52 PM)jason Wrote: They still playing that game?

In all seriousness, I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to that game months ago. I'm kinda pissed I can't mow my lawn on Sunday. It'll make wonderful background noise. I may even make my first venture into the GameDay Thread.

Yeah, I almost feel for the Browns fans on this one.  A few weeks ago this was shaping up to be a battle for the division, and now they get a glorified pre-season game with mostly second-stringers on both sides.  I hope any Bengals fans that were planning on going were able to offload their tickets.  Or, if they go, that they somehow enjoy the game.  
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Video somewhat long winded talking about Chase and Burrow with awards but talk about Bengals Superbowl chances.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don’t know how anyone could classify the bengals as a Super Bowl team. They haven’t won a playoff game since before consumer cell phones and internet were things.
Reply/Quote
No question they can do it. There's rarely been this kind of parity in the AFC. But every game'll be a war. Two sides of the same coin.
Reply/Quote
I have to say yes since I bet them to win the Superbowl at the beginning of the year.
Reply/Quote
I hope they do.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:57 PM)OhioValley Wrote: I don’t know how anyone could classify the bengals as a Super Bowl team. They haven’t won a playoff game since before consumer cell phones and internet were things.

Because the past means nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:57 PM)OhioValley Wrote: I don’t know how anyone could classify the bengals as a Super Bowl team. They haven’t won a playoff game since before consumer cell phones and internet were things.

This right here while completely accurate was just so damn deflating... 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 10:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because the past means nothing.

You can say that about most teams, but not the bengals, Reds, lions, etc

There are certain teams, that even if they went 15-2 or won 115 games, that the past is what defines them.

They need to win one. Then Talk bigger and better
Reply/Quote
I voted yes but it may depend if they wear those orange jerseys the whole time or not. I think if we get this offseason right we are gonna be a legit superbowl contender and I'm very excited for the future. But they are playing really good right now anf even with some of they're flaws I think they have a chance against anyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 09:20 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope they do.

Hey Packer, what about Bay Bengal Superbowl?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 11:30 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I voted yes but it may depend if they wear those orange jerseys the whole time or not. I think if we get this offseason right we are gonna be a legit superbowl contender and I'm very excited for the future. But they are playing really good right now anf even with some of they're flaws I think they have a chance against anyone.

They can not wear the Orange Jersey.  Maybe they should make Orange the regular Jersey
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote