Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Bengals fans better than Browns fans?
The Brownies had a horrible season with only one win so far and probably a loss to the Steelers this weekend. The Bengals are 5-9-1 and could get win 6 this weekend. Both stadiums looked empty the last time I saw the games on TV. My point is are we any better than the Brown fans regarding our team? Seems a lot of negative comments here and bailing on the Bengals. I still wear my Bengals gear on game day and typically watch them on TV. Hue is still laughing at press conferences with only one win. Yes, Marvin has been here too long and we get him another year. So lets support the Bengals on Sunday and during the off season.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans predominately live in the state of Ohio.

Browns fans predominately live in the state of denial.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it matters.
Reply/Quote
Meh...
Reply/Quote
I'll give Browns fans credit. They've sucked so bad for so long. I also give us Bengal fans who lived through the 1990's credit as well.

I would love to see how many Steeler fans there would be outside of Pittsburgh if the Steelers went on a 10-year streak of incompetence. Of course, the NFL would never allow that.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bengals fans predominately live in the state of Ohio.

Browns fans predominately live in the state of denial.

You got that right. Brown fans think their team is good. Good for nothing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:08 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'll give Browns fans credit. They've sucked so bad for so long. I also give us Bengal fans who lived through the 1990's credit as well.

I would love to see how many Steeler fans there would be outside of Pittsburgh if the Steelers went on a 10-year streak of incompetence. Of course, the NFL would never allow that.

The Steelers were horrible in the 1950s and 1960s. (No, I'm not that old!)
Reply/Quote
They have one more recent playoff victory than the Bengals and 8 more championships than the Bengals do.

So there is that.
Reply/Quote
Aren't you the guy who wants to trade away aj green? To answer your question, I would say yes, SOME fans are worse.
Reply/Quote
I give any fan credit for sticking with their team through thick and thin. There are no doubt many Steeler, Patriot and Coyboy fans who at one point were Bengals and Browns fans. Are they collectively better than us, or more loyal? Meh, I don't know. Our team cab be 2-13 and there'd still be a core of 40-45,000 at the last home game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 08:54 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Aren't you the guy who wants to trade away aj green? To answer your question,  I would say yes, SOME fans are worse.

Yes, I think Green and his hamstring issue are a problem. Trade him now for something.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I spend some time on one of their message boards. For the most part they are pretty decent guys. Vambo comes on our smack shack occasionally. I've conversed with him for several years and he's a good dude. Our attendance history is about all they can smack us about. They really let us have it when we had trouble selling out a playoff game. It used to be that they would rip us for all of our arrests but that doesn't work anymore. I have no doubt though that if they had a good team they would sell out regularly.
Reply/Quote
Bengals for life.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Steelers were horrible in the 1950s and 1960s. (No, I'm not that old!)

True. I wasn't around either but I can guarantee you that you didn't see many Steeler fans outside of Pittsburgh in those days.
Reply/Quote
If you can find a Browns fan maybe you could ask them, they seem like the one group of fans that no matter the forum has the least representation.

Maybe they just know people are gonna shit on their team so they stay quiet.

Also I don't think many are "bailing" on the Bengals, they just have 0 to play for this week and if were honest a loss benefits us way more than a win. I'll always love the Bengals and will watch every game but a 5-9-1 organization that refuses to fire a coach that has never won anything in 15 years deserves some criticism.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:08 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'll give Browns fans credit. They've sucked so bad for so long. I also give us Bengal fans who lived through the 1990's credit as well.

I always hate on prime time games how they talk like the Steeler fan base travels so well.  BS.  They are all local.  I live in TX and that is by far the team that non-Cowboy fans root for the most, including the Texans!  
Reply/Quote
The Browns franchise is storied. That said, most Browns fans don't represent that and they are truly a sad bunch. Every now and then I'll come across a legit Browns fan (usually pretty old), and I respect them. In the modern day, yes Bengals fans are better than Browns fans.
Reply/Quote
Better at what?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well, we DO have more experience at complaining about current team ownership so we're better at that. So as soon as I buy tickets and win every state and national lottery I'll buy out Mikey and you can complain about me. I'll look forward to ignoring each and everyone of you on an individual basis.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I live in Cleveland. Every year they talk about making the playoffs, enough of them act like that, that I get some small concerns that they may be right. Then after the first game of the season I realize they are wrong once again. I have a Bengals fan in a sea of Browns flags.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote