Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Heading To The Super Bowl Yet?
Every year after the draft a good portion of fans on here go from (This team is the worst) to (We now can be a super bowl contender)

Are any of you guys there yet or do you need the rest of the weekends draft before you think we will win a Super Bowl? LOL

Personally for me Im just excited Marvin is gone and am very content with giving Zac time to build his program. if we win 4 games this year it will be fine for me because Rome isn't built in a day. The fact that Marvin is gone is a win win because we have finally hit the unknown and Im good with that.

I also thought last nights pick was a great pick seeing the other top LB were off the board.
Reply/Quote
I think we win much more than that. Marvin and his “play not to lose” attitude held this team back. Always letting up way to early and keeping opposing teams in the game.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll settle for a winning season, but when they draft Dalton's replacement next year...
Hell yeah Super Bowl Baby! Excited
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that anyone claiming they will be fine with 4 wins this year just because Marvin is gone will be bitching and moaning after every loss.

I don't understand people who hate a coach (or quarterback) more than they like winning.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that anyone claiming they will be fine with 4 wins this year just because Marvin is gone will be bitching and moaning after every loss.

I don't understand people who hate a coach (or quarterback) more than they like winning.

No your missing the point. Its you know what your getting with Marvin season is over with him before it begins. With Zac we have a new beginning and a chance to go somewhere.

Do I want us to only win 4 games? No...

Do I expect a first year coach to bring us far? Id love it but am not going to ***** and moan that he stinks and were going nowhere..patience..give him time to put the pieces in place. 

So you can keep the donuts and just mail me the dollars...cause thats a certainty...
Reply/Quote
I really like the Williams pick. I just wish free agency upgraded more positions. It was underwhelming.

We're still several players away...and LB is a huge need so hopefully we can address that.

The Steelers did good with Bush. That was a big need for them. The Browns appear to have improved on paper. The Ravens are usually a quality team.

It should be an interesting year.

I'm also thankfully that we didn't go Raiders with our pick. Williams was the obvious pick and they made it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: So you can keep the donuts and just mail me the dollars...cause thats a certainty...

Marvin won 6 games with a large position of the team on IR.  Since we did not lose a single important player I don't know how you could be happy with just four wins this year.

I also don't remember you whining about the season being "over" in 2015 when we were 10-2 with the #4 offense and the #1 defense in the league.

Guess we will just wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Every year after the draft a good portion of fans on here go from (This team is the worst) to (We now can be a super bowl contender)

Are any of you guys there yet or do you need the rest of the weekends draft before you think we will win a Super Bowl? LOL

Personally for me Im just excited Marvin is gone and am very content with giving Zac time to build his program. if we win 4 games this year it will be fine for me because Rome isn't built in a day. The fact that Marvin is gone is a win win because we have finally hit the unknown and Im good with that.

I also thought last nights pick was a great pick seeing the other top LB were off the board.

Dude, it is possible now...

Great pick at a position of dire need that shows this team now has its priorities in order. If they would of reached for a LB i would be thinking otherwise, they took arguably the most consistent, solid OT in all of the Draft who is a stand up individual. Says a lot to me and that is the way you build a culture as we all know needed to be done while erasing the last culture.

Zac has been talking about this and now he is following through. I am excited and honestly expect more than 6 wins like we had last year with our shitty coaching staff besides Simmons, Van Pelt and Pollack. Two of the good are back and Turner just got a great player to worth with.

(04-26-2019, 02:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we win much more than that. Marvin and his “play not to lose” attitude held this team back. Always letting up way to early and keeping opposing teams in the game.

So true. We need that killer mentality, Taylor might have it, we knew Marv did not and most all of us knew it for years.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great pick at a position of dire need that shows this team now has its priorities in order. If they would of reached for a LB i would be thinking otherwise, they took arguably the most consistent, solid OT in all of the Draft who is a stand up individual.

Lap said he reminded him of Matt Light. If he brings that to the field, it’s an awesome dividend pick.

Reply/Quote
A better question would be "do you EVER want to head to a Super Bowl?"

If you do, then this first round pick is building block #1 - champions are built from the lines out and on offense our line has been crap for a while. If we follow through on this and build a strong line all sorts of things on offense suddenly become possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lap said he reminded him of Matt Light. If he brings that to the field, it’s an awesome dividend pick.

Could definately be watching his tape, Jonah is just consistently great with his technique.

From his feet to his hands. Dude is solid.

He can pull too, Zeitler i know played Guard but he was too slow to run pull options and the RB got caught in the backfield many times because of it. Saw Jonah pulling from the LT spot lots and he looked really good doing it. Great piece for Turner to work with and i don't think we could of made a better pick at 11.

Statement pick was O-line, priorities are in order.

Now we just need a good LB and a TE and the rest of the Draft is all good with me.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: A better question would be "do you EVER want to head to a Super Bowl?"

If you do, then this first round pick is building block #1 - champions are built from the lines out and on offense our line has been crap for a while. If we follow through on this and build a strong line all sorts of things on offense suddenly become possible.

Exactly, don't build your foundation on wet sand, build it on a rock.
Reply/Quote
Hellz yeah, I already bought my tickets!!!! :andy: Who Dey Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Every year after the draft a good portion of fans on here go from (This team is the worst) to (We now can be a super bowl contender)

I hate losing. So, in time we find out was it ML or players or FO or combo of all 3. I hope we win in 2019, I don't give free passes to a coach taking over a team with a vet QB, WR, 2 DL, RB and so on.

Win baby win, or else you are dead to me.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin won 6 games with a large position of the team on IR.  Since we did not lose a single important player I don't know how you could be happy with just four wins this year.

I also don't remember you whining about the season being "over" in 2015 when we were 10-2 with the #4 offense and the #1 defense in the league.

Guess we will just wait and see.

Actually go look back, I said we still wouldn't win a playoff game against the Steelers with Marvin. I dont have the time to find it but I did not think we would win and yes, I was right. 

And we will wait and see if I complain if we only win 4 games...I wont. Im not predicting a 4 game win either this year so dont put words in my mouth. Your arguments are futile.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, it is possible now...

Great pick at a position of dire need that shows this team now has its priorities in order. If they would of reached for a LB i would be thinking otherwise, they took arguably the most consistent, solid OT in all of the Draft who is a stand up individual. Says a lot to me and that is the way you build a culture as we all know needed to be done while erasing the last culture.

Zac has been talking about this and now he is following through. I am excited and honestly expect more than 6 wins like we had last year with our shitty coaching staff besides Simmons, Van Pelt and Pollack. Two of the good are back and Turner just got a great player to worth with.

So true. We need that killer mentality, Taylor might have it, we knew Marv did not and most all of us knew it for years.

I hope your right buddy , I'm going to be rooting all the way for a great season myself. My point was Im not throwing Zac under the bus if he doesn't produce as a head coach in his first season. 

We also have a lot of holes to fill and adjustments. Think when Gruden first went into Oakland last year. Im sure those fans were thinking playoffs right away and look at their season. Jon was setting the stage for how he wants his team to operate. I see that being similar with us in terms of rebuilding.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'll settle for a winning season, but when they draft Dalton's replacement next year...
Hell yeah Super Bowl Baby!    Excited

If the Bengals do well this year and Dalton has a great year you can hold off on that new QB for about 4-5 more years.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: I hope your right buddy , I'm going to be rooting all the way for a great season myself. My point was Im not throwing Zac under the bus if he doesn't produce as a head coach in his first season. 

We also have a lot of holes to fill and adjustments. Think when Gruden first went into Oakland last year. Im sure those fans were thinking playoffs right away and look at their season. Jon was setting the stage for how he wants his team to operate. I see that being similar with us in terms of rebuilding.

I am with you, i won't throw Zac under the bus after his first season unless we only win a couple of games. I just don't see us losing more than last year with this team and new coaches. Namely an offensive minded coach that is the opposite of Marv and a new DC not named Austin and a LB coach not named Haslett.

I mean, it couldn't get much worse from what i witnessed last year and we still won 6 games!

Also, i must add that the players sure sound way more excited than i have seen them under Marv and we just added Jonah Williams...

Am i wrong to expect us to be a contender? I don't know if i am.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Actually go look back, I said we still wouldn't win a playoff game against the Steelers with Marvin.

Sure you said that with McCarron starting.

But if you are claiming you said that when we were 10-2 with the number one defense in the league and we had already beaten the 7-5 Steelers I call 100% bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: And we will wait and see if I complain if we only win 4 games...I wont.

I see we already have some blind Zac Taylor homers.

Marvin won 6 games last year with a large portion of the team injured.  We have not lost any significant players.  So If Taylor only wins 4 how the hell could you NOT complain.
Reply/Quote