Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Narrowed To Three Positions In RD 1?
(03-13-2016, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither is Whit, but he played there for us early in his career. 

And?

He's better at tackle, just like Fisher will be. Skill set suits OT better. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd have very little issue with taking Mackensie Alexander in the first, but I too would rather wait. I hope we go edge rusher in the 1st. 

Wouldn't mind it. Any 1st round Dline help would be overdue.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't rule ANYTHING out other than QB.

This team always takes the BPA. They won't stray from that this year either.
Reply/Quote
I don't see us taking a LB in the first round.

I say CB or DT.

WR is a toss up. I predict they don't, but it could happen.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can narrow it to one school: Baylor. Billings or Coleman. I think it will be one of them.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 04:54 PM)Shady Wrote: Maybe we can narrow it to one school: Baylor.  Billings or Coleman. I think it will be one of them.

I'd be happy with either of them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Most of the better teams tend toward a defensive player in the 1st round. WR talent is something that can be had in later rounds. DT or DE is my bet for us in the draft. I could also see LB if one of the top ones slide down the board.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Tops has to be WR until they bring in a FA. If they bring in a decent vet (Kerley, Wallace), equals needs WR, CB, DT, LB. Darkhorse would be a pass rusher like Spence, Lawson, Dodd or Ogbah.
Reply/Quote
I really think it needs to be either a WR or a WR.

Yea, it needs to be a WR.

If there is no value at WR, I think DE or LB would be the next thing up. More pass rush is always a good thing and our LB corp is a little thin.

But WR should be the target, if there is one the Bengals like, they need to get him.
Reply/Quote
We just gave Vinny Rey starter money for 3 years while Burfict and Maualuga are signed through '17.

All you guys expecting a LB in the first few rounds are probably going to be disappointed. I am pretty sure we will draft a LB in the middle rounds looking forward a couple of years, but nothing in the first 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We just gave Vinny Rey starter money for 3 years while Burfict and Maualuga are signed through '17.

All you guys expecting a LB in the first few rounds are probably going to be disappointed.  I am pretty sure we will draft a LB in the middle rounds looking forward a couple of years, but nothing in the first 3 rounds.

Don't forget Dawson and Hawk are still around too.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We just gave Vinny Rey starter money for 3 years while Burfict and Maualuga are signed through '17.

All you guys expecting a LB in the first few rounds are probably going to be disappointed.  I am pretty sure we will draft a LB in the middle rounds looking forward a couple of years, but nothing in the first 3 rounds.

None of the lb contracts have any dead money after the first year. Hawk, Vinnie, maualuga.

Burfict/Dawson/Flowers
Maualuga/Vinnie Rey

The bengals could draft a first rounder and send hawk packing after burficts suspension.

If the bengals were to run with a 6 lb.

Probably 9 dline and 10 dbs again in 2016.

The bengals did release geathers of his last year on his extension. Vinnie and maualuga run the same risk.

The bengals just control the situation without any dead money.

Vinnie s contract actually decreases over the 3 years. $4.5, $3.75, $3.25.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't see us using a first on a corner just because I don't think Dre has been as bad as people claim, Dennard could produce, Shaw is ok, Jones is still a lockdown corner, and I think, if anything, we just get a mid-round guy or a FA.

you just never know.. who is on their big board and who slides...

Like the eifert pick itself I would say WR / DT / LB would be the most useful positions. based on who we need to replace. A Saftey could be in the works as well.. or DE

although ill admit i havent had the time to review prospects this year so im at a loss as to how many fit into the first round discussion.

Im willing to bet its not a QB or RB or OL guy this year though.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 12:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tops has to be WR until they bring in a FA. If they bring in a decent vet (Kerley, Wallace), equals needs WR, CB, DT, LB. Darkhorse would be a pass rusher like Spence, Lawson, Dodd or Ogbah.

When was our last 1st rounder DL pick.... it might be the year after going heavy on OL last year and peko needing upgraded. a B Thompson gone. (we have that hardison? kid from last year still)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I really think it needs to be either a WR or a WR.

Yea, it needs to be a WR.

If there is no value at WR, I think DE or LB would be the next thing up. More pass rush is always a good thing and our LB corp is a little thin.

But WR should be the target, if there is one the Bengals like, they need to get him.

It most likely won't be a LB. Before FA, I thought they were likely to restock, but re-signing Rey lessens that need and makes it unlikely. DT is a bigger need than WR at this point, both short-term and long-term.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take a WR in the first, but I'm not expecting it until 2-4.

Pretty much. Unless someone they view as a top talent falls, I don't expect an LB in 1-2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two darkhorse candidates for the pick at #24:

Kevin Dodd
Cody Whitehair

Dodd would step right into the rotation as the edge setter and can shift inside on passing downs.

Whitehair is a guy the Bengals paid a lot of attention to at his pro day, and can play G or C. Maybe take him for when Zeitler gets let walk.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 02:57 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: Two darkhorse candidates for the pick at #24:

Kevin Dodd
Cody Whitehair

Dodd would step right into the rotation as the edge setter and can shift inside on passing downs.

Whitehair is a guy the Bengals paid a lot of attention to at his pro day, and can play G or C. Maybe take him for when Zeitler gets let walk.

If you draft Whitehair in the first, you are essentially letting one of Ogbuehi, Fisher and Whitehair leave in FA if not 2 of them. 

Center is our biggest need on offense but we can't really fix it early because we took two offensive tackles last year in rounds 1-2. 
Reply/Quote