Poll: Will You Buy A Handicalendar?
No
YES!
It Depends On The Price
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Going To Buy A Handicalendar?!
(05-01-2021, 07:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, who have you asked about this?  How many studies have you looked up?

Once again, I am just basing my comments on what I have seen for sale and in advertising over the last 50 years.

(05-01-2021, 07:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're digging yourself deeper here, and you obviously don't wish me well since you tried to post like I was copying that military calendar.

You had a lot of questions and all I did was direct you to some people who have actually done something like this before so you don't have to depend on a bunch of guys on a Bengals message board.  I never accused to of trying to copy anything.

But this is a perfect example of how you act like you are asking for advice, but whenever anyone tries to give you advice you get mad and attack them.

I hope this project works out well.  No one would root against handicapped people making money for charity.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Once again, I am just basing my comments on what I have seen for sale and in advertising over the last 50 years.

You had a lot of questions and all I did was direct you to some people who have actually done something like this before so you don't have to depend on a bunch of guys on a Bengals message board.  I never accused to of trying to copy anything.

But this is a perfect example of how you act like you are asking for advice, but whenever anyone tries to give you advice you get mad and attack them.

I hope this project works out well.  No one would root against handicapped people making money for charity.

Once again, I DIDN'T ASK FOR ADVICE BESIDES FOR PRICE!

Re-posting a lie doesn't make it true the second time.
Reply/Quote
Brad..I'll be the heavy.. You are annoying. It has absolutely nothing to do with being handicapped or anything else, but you are just annoying. Hell, I'm annoying, but I'll readily admit it. I'm damned hard to live with and I have a short fuse and I have no teeth and I'm old and way under weight.. I think my dumb jokes are funny even if nobody else does and I'm fine with that.. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to be the victim of everyone who might not see the entire world in the exact same light as you do. Nobody likes a freakin cry baby..
Fred went out of his way to appease you and YOU turn right around and continue with your whining.. Knock it off.. Go post on AOL or the Nextdoor app where whining is everyone's favorite pastime.. I'm sure you'll find plenty of sympathy there. You really don't want my version of sympathy because you ain't gonna like it and will probably run to the mods to report me and get me booted and you know what? I don't really care. I have all the fulfillment I need in my life without the need to whine. I've had a damned tough life. I've been homeless, locked up several times, raised too many kids, been an addict living on the streets and on and on. I'm just not nor is anyone else interested in your endless whining.. End/stop
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: Brad..I'll be the heavy.. You are annoying. It has absolutely nothing to do with being handicapped or anything else, but you are just annoying. Hell, I'm annoying, but I'll readily admit it. I'm damned hard to live with and I have a short fuse and I have no teeth and I'm old and way under weight.. I think my dumb jokes are funny even if nobody else does and I'm fine with that.. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to be the victim of everyone who might not see the entire world in the exact same light as you do. Nobody likes a freakin cry baby..
Fred went out of his way to appease you and YOU turn right around and continue with your whining.. Knock it off.. Go post on AOL or the Nextdoor app where whining is everyone's favorite pastime.. I'm sure you'll find plenty of sympathy there. You really don't want my version of sympathy because you ain't gonna like it and will probably run to the mods to report me and get me booted and you know what? I don't really care. I have all the fulfillment I need in my life without the need to whine. I've had a damned tough life. I've been homeless, locked up several times, raised too many kids, been an addict living on the streets and on and on. I'm just not nor is anyone else interested in your endless whining.. End/stop

You know why people love me?  Because I never play the victim.

Fred attacks me and all my ideas, throws out insults, lies about me and about things he has said, and then just degrades me.  He's the only one I have a problem with.  

So why am I annoying?  Because I fight back?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 01:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You know why people love me?  Because I never play the victim.

Fred attacks me and all my ideas, throws out insults, lies about me and about things he has said, and then just degrades me.  He's the only one I have a problem with.  

So why am I annoying?  Because I fight back?

No because you think everyone loves you, when that is arrogant, conceited and ignorant.  Wanting to be loved by everyone and actually being liked are two different realities.

I think you're annoying and don't like you on these forums either.  So that's two that don't like you, so not everyone loves you.

Perhaps I'd like your real life persona better.  We'll never know.  But what you post on these forums and the ideas you spew out and your complete lack of touch with reality, is not endearing in any way.  And you do not speak the truth....you speak propaganda.

I'm wasting my time, and you won't listen, but not everyone loves you, especially here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 01:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You know why people love me?  Because I never play the victim.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Holy shit I needed that. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 04:23 PM)Stewy Wrote: No because you think everyone loves you, when that is arrogant, conceited and ignorant.  Wanting to be loved by everyone and actually being liked are two different realities.

I think you're annoying and don't like you on these forums either.  So that's two that don't like you, so not everyone loves you.

Perhaps I'd like your real life persona better.  We'll never know.  But what you post on these forums and the ideas you spew out and your complete lack of touch with reality, is not endearing in any way.  And you do not speak the truth....you speak propaganda.

I'm wasting my time, and you won't listen, but not everyone loves you, especially here.
I don't think everyone loves me.  You're making things up to fit your pre-conceived opinion of me.

(05-03-2021, 05:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Holy shit I needed that. Thank you.

Name a way I play the victim in life?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:41 AM)grampahol Wrote: Brad..I'll be the heavy.. You are annoying. It has absolutely nothing to do with being handicapped or anything else, but you are just annoying. Hell, I'm annoying, but I'll readily admit it. I'm damned hard to live with and I have a short fuse and I have no teeth and I'm old and way under weight.. I think my dumb jokes are funny even if nobody else does and I'm fine with that.. Do yourself a favor and stop trying to be the victim of everyone who might not see the entire world in the exact same light as you do. Nobody likes a freakin cry baby..

Tell me how I ever look for sympathy on here.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 05:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Name a way I play the victim in life?

Can't speak to it - I've never met you.

On here though...well, all one has to do is go scrolling through some of your post history for about 34 seconds and I'm sure they'll find what they're looking for.

You don't have to agree with what anyone here is saying, by the way. In fact nobody here expects you to - but people are laying out how you come off to them. You're not going to please everyone all the time; it's just part of life.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Can't speak to it - I've never met you.

On here though...well, all one has to do is go scrolling through some of your post history for about 34 seconds and I'm sure they'll find what they're looking for.

You don't have to agree with what anyone here is saying, by the way. In fact nobody here expects you to - but people are laying out how you come off to them. You're not going to please everyone all the time; it's just part of life.

If it takes 34 seconds, you would've done it. And don't post me calling out Fred's empty rhetoric as an example because that's me not playing the victim, which he claimed people did in real life.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If it takes 34 seconds, you would've done it.  And don't post me calling out Fred's empty rhetoric as an example because that's me not playing the victim, which he claimed people did in real life.

I'm not spending any more time dealing with you than it takes to respond, and even that I have to force myself to do. 

Your entire attitude is coming off as playing the victim now, if that matters at all. I'm sure it doesn't - I've had enough discussions with you to know exactly how little other people's opinions matter to you when they're not falling in step with you.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 07:57 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm not spending any more time dealing with you than it takes to respond, and even that I have to force myself to do. 

Your entire attitude is coming off as playing the victim now, if that matters at all. I'm sure it doesn't - I've had enough discussions with you to know exactly how little other people's opinions matter to you when they're not falling in step with you.

HA!

I'm playing the victim because I'm calling you out on your empty attempts to bash me?!

If it took 34 seconds, you spent more time reading my posts and replying than it would have taken to find examples.

What a complete joke.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HA!

I'm playing the victim because I'm calling you out on your empty attempts to bash me?!

If it took 34 seconds, you spent more time reading my posts and replying than it would have taken to find examples.

What a complete joke.

You apparently grossly underestimate how fast I can type and how little I actually care about showing you things you don't want to see - and thus won't read.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:19 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You apparently grossly underestimate how fast I can type and how little I actually care about showing you things you don't want to see - and thus won't read.

I wouldn't call you out if I didn't want to see your failed attempts, but keep going with the attempted insults because this is getting entertaining.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wouldn't call you out if I didn't want to see your failed attempts, but keep going with the attempted insults because this is getting entertaining.

What insults? 

You mean like you calling me a complete joke?

So now not only are you a victim when the need arises, but you're projecting.

Oh you must mean how I pointed out how, by your own admission, you won't read things that don't further whatever point you're attempting to make. I've told you before - if someone pointing out how you post is insulting to you, maybe change how you post.

You want an example of your victimhood? Look at how you're reacting to this entire topic. I don't even have to go into your post history - I just have to go back a page. 

Cheers Brad. I'm gonna go get drunk and forget today happened.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:32 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: What insults? 

You mean like you calling me a complete joke?

So now not only are you a victim when the need arises, but you're projecting.

Oh you must mean how I pointed out how, by your own admission, you won't read things that don't further whatever point you're attempting to make. I've told you before - if someone pointing out how you post is insulting to you, maybe change how you post.

You want an example of your victimhood? Look at how you're reacting to this entire topic. I don't even have to go into your post history - I just have to go back a page. 

Cheers Brad. I'm gonna go get drunk and forget today happened.

I was saying that post was a joke and you refusing to do something that you claim takes 34 seconds.

When did I say I won't read into things that don't further whatever point I'm trying to make?

Once again, you're deflecting.

Congrats.
Reply/Quote
I presented to classes all day at a school yesterday and I mentioned the calendar.

A bunch of kids in the classes said that they'd buy one and the teacher is emailing me messages from kids who were watching virtually that were excited about the calendar and asking the teacher to have me let me know how they can buy one when they come out.

If that many kids were interested just from one teacher's set of classes, maybe this wasn't such a bad idea and the doubters posting in here were hating just to hate.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You come in here and bash my thread and just try to make it sound like you're smarter than everyone when really your "advice" is just to try and degrade me and my idea.

I have a team reaching out to local bookstores and schools and I'm also going to try and sell the idea to bookstores at places like UK and UL (on top of local colleges and universities that I have good relationships with).

I already have nine or ten charities lined up that are going to cover the costs and get sponsorship spots for it.

We also have surveys out to gage the level of interest and we're speaking with schools and places to get the idea out.

I'm going to email more places once we get everything more organized.

Actually, just for shits and giggles, I decided to Google and find out if physical calendars are still popular. and this website says 78% of people use a printed calendar at home or at work!

78%!
Do you realize how INCREDIBLE THIS IS?!  You posted trying to bash me, like you always do, and just end up bashing yourself!

I hesitate to even enter this conversation, as I see it is something very important to you. But what I would point out, is that the 78% of people using printed calendars for work are most likely using the big "Daily Planner" calendars that lay on their desktop so they can write on them and see them first thing every day, or, they are using the "At-A-Glance" calendar/planner books (which is what I use). So if I was asked if I used a physical calendar at work my answer would be yes, but not in the way I think you are taking it.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if you are hiring models, you are planning on doing an old fashioned Hang on the Wall calendar with a picture at the top and month showing below it like people used to hang in their kitchens. I used to see these all the times in bookstores at Christmas, but I see them less and less these days. It's outdated. I wish you well in your endeavor, but think you would do better looking towards something new rather than something outdated. Just my opinion, I often wrong. Good luck with your fundraiser. 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 11:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hesitate to even enter this conversation, as I see it is something very important to you. But what I would point out, is that the 78% of people using printed calendars for work are most likely using the big "Daily Planner" calendars that lay on their desktop so they can write on them and see them first thing every day, or, they are using the "At-A-Glance" calendar/planner books (which is what I use). So if I was asked if I used a physical calendar at work my answer would be yes, but not in the way I think you are taking it.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if you are hiring models, you are planning on doing an old fashioned Hang on the Wall calendar with a picture at the top and month showing below it like people used to hang in their kitchens. I used to see these all the times in bookstores at Christmas, but I see them less and less these days. It's outdated. I wish you well in your endeavor, but think you would do better looking towards something new rather than something outdated. Just my opinion, I often wrong. Good luck with your fundraiser. 

Home OR work.  

Also, I'm pretty sure that people keep important work data in their phones so they don't have to be at work to look at them.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 11:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Home OR work.  

Also, I'm pretty sure that people keep important work data in their phones so they don't have to be at work to look at them.

I have no desire to enter into this debate, just offering my point of view. I keep important work data in my At-A-Glance because I carry it in my satchel and it will not crash, but it's also in my phone. Where I don't keep it is on a calendar on the wall.  That's all I'm saying. Good luck, I hope your idea pans out and you make bank on it for your charity.
Reply/Quote