Poll: Are You Happy With The Bengals First Round Choice?
Yes
No
I was hoping for William Jackson I since this is the first round!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are You Happy With The Bengals 1st Round Pick?
(04-29-2016, 11:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/the-bengals-screwed-us.14475/

page 2 I think

and you wonder why we hate that team so much, the players and fans are the biggest idiots in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:53 AM)GodFather Wrote: My feeling is questioning the recent signings of CB by the Bengals, for first round choices in the past I certainly wouldn't consider Dre Kirkpatrick or Darqueze Dennard success stories and at the time of signing they received the same grades from critics and enthusiasm as William Jackson III is.

I have a wait n see approach with the choice, not disappointed but also not excited about it either. Actually, more of a "did you guys get it right this time?" attitude.

theres a difference... We already have starters in place so this is amazing depth.

Dennard and Jackson could be starting for teams around the league. But here they are depth. With kirk and jones holding down the top spots. But you need 4 solid CBs in todays nfl...

1st Round WRs where gone..
a ton of DL talent left.
The Center was gone

Jackson was best player available and last top CB in the draft.

Only other position i would have taken after all the WRs went is maybe LB/S if there was someone that was good value for the spot on their boards.
Reply/Quote
A good value pick with a cherry on top since it screwed Shetsburgh over and caused them to reach in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:10 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: We won't know for years. Doubt he sees the field until hear 3

1 injury away from starting. (well in 3 Cb set anyway)

Dennard has gotten hurt
Kirk has had a few health problems early.
Jones isnt getting younger

He probly sees some playing time this season.
Reply/Quote
Yes, Will Jackson III is extremely talented. Tall, long CB with blazing speed, i liked him much better
than Kirkpatrick before we drafted him. This guy could be great. With him and Dennard you have two
very solid young Corners. Very solid pick that broke the Steeler's hearts.

Sure, i wanted Billings but who is to say who would be the better pick in the end.

Plus with the Browns selecting Coleman we got the speedy Corner to stay with him.
Reply/Quote
Drafting for need always seems to get teams in trouble, especially when it's a reach. BPA is the way to go, and this is no different. Obviously there are some occasions where you have to reach, but this is not one of them. I think it's a good pick and one that we'll be happy with down the road.

Also, the Steelers fans are the worst. "The Bengals are irrelevant", conveniently located in a thread entirely about the Bengals draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Like many Bengals fans, I was hoping for one of the WR's or DT's last night. But, I can't be upset about them taking WJ3. If you're going to go the CB route...he's one helluva pick. I'm a big fan of his talent and I think he'll see meaningful snaps and make a real contribution in year 1.

While CB wasn't my preference in the 1st...to land a player of Jackson's caliber, and at a premium position, with the 24th pick...there's not much to be upset about.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:52 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, Will Jackson III is extremely talented. Tall, long CB with blazing speed, i liked him much better
than Kirkpatrick before we drafted him. This guy could be great. With him and Dennard you have two
very solid young Corners. Very solid pick that broke the Steeler's hearts.

Sure, i wanted Billings but who is to say who would be the better pick in the end.

Plus with the Browns selecting Coleman we got the speedy Corner to stay with him.

billings is still out there correct? so are a few other 1st round projected DT's
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: billings is still out there correct? so are a few other 1st round projected DT's

Yes he is, i doubt he falls all the way to 55 but would love it if he did and we picked him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Like many Bengals fans, I was hoping for one of the WR's or DT's last night. But, I can't be upset about them taking WJ3. If you're going to go the CB route...he's one helluva pick. I'm a big fan of his talent and I think he'll see meaningful snaps much sooner than guys like Dre and Dennard did. 

While CB wasn't my preference in the 1st...to land a player of Jackson's caliber, and at a premium position, with the 24th pick...there's not much to be upset about.

Agree 100% especially when looking at our state of the position, with an eye toward the future. 
Dre in his final contract year, Dennard may or may not come back 100%, and Adam faced with cheating age. 
Will Jackson is a baller, and projects to be one of the best at the position. Happy to have him.
Welcome to the Bengals, Will.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes he is, i doubt he falls all the way to 55 but would love it if he did and we picked him.

He doesnt really have to fall all the way to us... but the fact he is still there pushes another DT down the board to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: billings is still out there correct? so are a few other 1st round projected DT's

Butler and Clark are the only ones gone that i liked. I think it was a little early for Clark as well for the Packers.

I would of went Billings all day over Clark. Hope other teams keep ignoring him.
Reply/Quote
I'm thrilled, the defense just got even better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This poll is obviously rigged.

I have never seen a 100% agreement on anything.

Too many people in the past have argued that first round picks should only be used on immediate impact players. Where are all those guys?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/the-bengals-screwed-us.14475/

page 2 I think

Good lord, that thread is pure comedy gold. They start out saying the Bengals screwed them on purpose. Then, they say that in screwing the Steelers, the Bengals actually screwed themselves. Then they try to say that they actually wanted Burns over Jackson anyway.

The Bengals have gotten so far inside the heads of Steelers fans that it's not even funny. Ok, that's a lie...it's very funny!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This poll is obviously rigged.

Too many people in the past have argued that first round picks should only be used on immediate impact players. Where are all those guys?

i think we are happier not to reach for talent like in the past.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Good lord, that thread is pure comedy gold. They start out saying the Bengals screwed them on purpose. Then, they say that in screwing the Steelers, the Bengals actually screwed themselves. Then they try to say that they actually wanted Burns over Jackson anyway.

The Bengals have gotten so far inside the heads of Steelers fans that it's not even funny. Ok, that's a lie...it's very funny!  Hilarious

I think both teams and fans of both teams are starting to think that the Bengals are going to start taking over the rivalry.

Rightly so. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This poll is obviously rigged.

Too many people in the past have argued that first round picks should only be used on immediate impact players.  Where are all those guys?

Simple.

You could've argued for the Bengals to take another position, but still be very content with the pick that was made...even if it wasn't at a position you preferred.

I was the same way when they picked Eifert. I wanted others areas addressed, but when they took Tyler, I was cool with the pick.
Reply/Quote
When we selected Kirkpatrick I felt like we got the consolation prize instead of the winning ticket. Felt the same way when we selected Keith Rivers. That's what happens when we select for need rather than BPA. Jackson wasn't selected to spite the Steelers, it just fell that way. But hey, no team deserves that more than the Steelers do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Just look at this pick two ways... we pick up another 1st round corner, and we deny Pittsburgh a 1st round corner to play against us twice a year. That's how you win Divisions....
Reply/Quote