Poll: Are You Happy With The Bengals First Round Choice?
Yes
No
I was hoping for William Jackson I since this is the first round!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are You Happy With The Bengals 1st Round Pick?
After watching this kid embarrass my Seminoles at the end of last season during bowl week, I'm cool with it.  He has skills, already turns his head to find the ball, and seems to be a magnet to the football.  He wasn't on my radar, but after all was said and done ahead of us in the draft, it looks like a very strong pick.  Then......we have the sweet bliss of shitting all over Shitsburgh's draft.  That, in and of itself, is reason enough to be thoroughly ecstatic with the pick! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always said: Any plan that can keep Kirkpatrick away from trying to cover a good reciever has my support.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The solution for Pitt fans is pretty straightforward and easy..just lose more games this season and pick ahead of us next season.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Slept on it. Very happy with the pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Safe pick.

We got a good player and made the Steelers reach big time.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals took the BPA then I'm all for it. The fact that we pooped on the Steelers parade is just a cherry on top.

I think at this point unless Jackson doesn't pan out Kirk is all but gone when it's his time to hit FA.
Reply/Quote
Rather had that Center but he was gone around 17 or whatever.

Very happy to screw Pittsburgh and make them reach for another corner
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This poll is obviously rigged.

I have never seen a 100% agreement on anything.

Too many people in the past have argued that first round picks should only be used on immediate impact players.  Where are all those guys?

Its completely rigged. This whole thread and poll is setup to piss the Steeler fans off that we sniped their choice for number one on the draft before them, causing them to forget about Burfict....for just a moment.
Reply/Quote
I am satisfied with the pick based on who else was available. They got a good football player who I think will be better than Dennard and Dre when it's all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If the Bengals took the BPA then I'm all for it. The fact that we pooped on the Steelers parade is just a cherry on top.

I think at this point unless Jackson doesn't pan out Kirk is all but gone when it's his time to hit FA.

idk if kirk is gone as dennard hasnt proved anything yet.

But we have some leverage in contract negotiations
Reply/Quote
I'm reserving any judgment until after tonight.

We got a good player at probably our fourth biggest area of need. We still need a starting DT; most likely we'll end up getting a gasser in the third or fourth round that will be billed as a rotational guy... because he can't play more than two downs at most before they have to roll him off the field. Which kills us in stopping two minute no huddles. We need a Center, there's a good chance we might get one in the second, but I dunno. There's a few teams ahead of us that need one, too, and there's only a couple decent ones left. And we need a WR. We've got LaFell for a season, but after that — both in terms of time and roster spots — it's all question marks. I'm guessing if we don't go for one in the second, then we double up on projects late on Saturday.

I've been a big fan of our drafting and team building over the last decade, but if we keep taking corners that never play well in the first every year, we're going to have some thin spots.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:43 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm reserving any judgment until after tonight.

We got a good player at probably our fourth biggest area of need. We still need a starting DT; most likely we'll end up getting a gasser in the third or fourth round that will be billed as a rotational guy... because he can't play more than two downs at most before they have to roll him off the field. Which kills us in stopping two minute no huddles. We need a Center, there's a good chance we might get one in the second, but I dunno. There's a few teams ahead of us that need one, too, and there's only a couple decent ones left. And we need a WR. We've got LaFell for a season, but after that — both in terms of time and roster spots — it's all question marks. I'm guessing if we don't go for one in the second, then we double up on projects late on Saturday.

I've been a big fan of our drafting and team building over the last decade, but if we keep taking corners that never play well in the first every year, we're going to have some thin spots.

OHHHH we getting a new sam adams?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: OHHHH we getting a new sam adams?

LOL

At this point, I'd be happy with a late career Sam Adams. Hell, bring him back out of retirement. He could fit in with Sims, Thompson and Hardison.
Reply/Quote
Meh...screwing the squeelers was nice but its just another player who won't see the field until year 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people also forgetting Josh Shaw in all of this. In his limited snaps last year I thought he looked like someone who had starter potential. So I feel pretty good entering this year with Pacman, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw and now Williams.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:18 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: A lot of people also forgetting Josh Shaw in all of this. In his limited snaps last year I thought he looked like someone who had starter potential. So I feel pretty good entering this year with Pacman, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw and now Williams.

Same, thought Shaw looked really good last year. Sure he got beat a few times but that is expected against #1 Wideouts
when he was filling in for Adam. That is one tough job for a rookie and i think he held up really well all things considered.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:07 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Meh...screwing the squeelers was nice but its just another player who won't see the field until year 2 or 3.

dude he will be a gunner on the first kick off of the season...
Reply/Quote
Can't hate it.

The three WRs we liked we taken before our pick. Nobody had Jackson falling past Pittsburgh, so we definitely didn't reach. Also, Dre hasn't really worked out so here's his replacement. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Also need to remember, there was a lot of injury concerns on Kirk, Pacman, Dennard, Hall throughout the whole year..

They would show up in the injury lists very often..

William Jackson III gives us that depth and option in 2016.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If you listen to Geunther's presser its pretty clear the kid wont touch the field for a while. He said something to the extent of "That's how we like to do things around here, our guys have to come in, sit, and learn our system before they can get in there. They will contribute on special teams..." blah blah blah.

I still think Dennard will do well, just hit a spree of bad luck, but who knows. Vance Joseph isn't here anymore either, so who knows what that does to everything.

Curious to how many draft picks we lost too soon to injury playing Special Teams.
Reply/Quote