Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Ready For AJ & Dalton No Longer Bengals ?
For years my password for everything has been Ad142aj1846!

It will feel weird if they are both gone next year, but I actually expect that is what will happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 06:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're underpaid so AJ Green should give a discount to a guy who inherited a billion dollar business?  

I never quite got why us regular folks are so obsessed with how much athletes earn in their 2 to 10 year careers while the owners and their families often born into lifetimes of massive wealth become the sympathetic characters we identify with. 

How dare AJ bust his butt and take advantage of his natural skills. I mean who does he think he is? He owes all of us something for not being in as good of a position as him. Wait... no he doesn't. No player owes their owner crap. Owners reap the rewards and cut bait whenever they damn well feel like it. I wish AJ had tried to suit up this year, but I can't fault him for protecting his livelihood this late in his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green is a given?  What kind of deal are they giving him?

With Julian Edelman out for surgery and his 2020 season uncertain, I think Bill Belichick is looking at a deal to bring both AJ Green and Andy Dalton to New England especially since Tom Brady is testing the waters in free agency.

Should this be the case I would hope Mike Brown at least gets someone of quality in a trade for Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 07:37 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: How dare AJ bust his butt and take advantage of his natural skills. I mean who does he think he is? He owes all of us something for not being in as good of a position as him. Wait... no he doesn't. No player owes their owner crap. Owners reap the rewards and cut bait whenever they damn well feel like it. I wish AJ had tried to suit up this year, but I can't fault him for protecting his livelihood this late in his career.

What's the difference between the NFL owners and the owner of the company any of us work for? If you own a business, are you not in it to make money? Players have contracts. They don't produce, they get cut or at the end of their contract they are let go. 8-5 Joe doesn't produce he gets fired. Not sure why people act like Sports franchise owners are the only ones making money off other people's production. 
Reply/Quote
AJ doesn't want to be tagged and Dalton is as good as gone. A team doesn't pay for what a player has done but what they may do in the future. AJ has done squat for the last 24 games while collecting nearly a million a game. No team will give him a better contract than MB will. The two salaries would give the team 35 mil to spend on FAs. I believe offensive FAs will be intrigued by the thought of playing with Burrow compared to Dalton and I hope AJ is one of them but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 06:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're underpaid so AJ Green should give a discount to a guy who inherited a billion dollar business?  

I never quite got why us regular folks are so obsessed with how much athletes earn in their 2 to 10 year careers while the owners and their families often born into lifetimes of massive wealth become the sympathetic characters we identify with. 

A player who has played none of the last 24 games and collected over 20 mil during that time SHOULD give a team friendly discount. The team has info on AJ's health that we don't have access to. His injury history may have some of the FO leery of signing him to a long term contract.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has a year left on his contract. AJ can be franchised.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 08:06 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: A player who has played none of the last 24 games and collected over 20 mil during that time SHOULD give a team friendly discount. The team has info on AJ's health that we don't have access to. His injury history may have some of the FO leery of signing him to a long term contract.

AJ Green got injured multiple times doing his job playing football for the Bengals and the fact that they didn't IR him until so late in the season shows that the powers that be clearly had no idea how hurt he really was.  I'm not saying the Bengals should break the bank for a breakable guy, but at the same time if you own a football team you're going to pay guys to sit on the bench because they're injured...it's a given and as long as AJ gets hurt playing football and not because he was doing the hustle at the top of a fire escape, it's understandable. Hell, if owners get sick of paying injured players to not play maybe that is what will usher in the "don't hit anyone" era of football.

This off-season AJ and the Bengals can engage in a bit of a pissing match to see who is going to be sorrier if he doesn't cave in to the other's demands.  Should be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We saw the same thing in 2011 when Carson and Chad weren't on the team.
The team will survive without them. Let them go elsewhere and use that extra cap space to solidify the core of the future.

I feel a difference.. Carson was never Andy Dalton as a whole to the community and fans overall .. He was not as well liked as Andy and the way he left was much more sour for some.   Chad was on a tail spin and again though at times he was fun and great.. for many he became so self centered by the end.  AJ has been class as a Bengal through his career.  Plus 5 playoff runs together.. Carson and Chad never came close to achieving that... so it is a bit more bitter sweet if they both go together unlike Carson and Chad. The last thing I will add is Andy and AJ came in and right off the bat energized the franchise.. i hope Burrow and company can do the same
Reply/Quote
I've pretty much figured on it since before the bye week. So yes I'm ready.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm ready for Dalton to no longer be a Bengal.

Not ready for Green to go.

I want him to retire a Bengal.

Give him his deal and let him make Burrow's life a little easier.
This.
According to an article with Duke Tobin it sounds as if itis the Bengals plan. Trade AD, re-sign AJ and extend Mixon.

Sounds like a good start...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
The only 2 players that I consider irreplaceable are a Franchise QB and a MLB that can run the defense on the fly.

We have either of those? Then they are all replaceable.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:46 PM)kevin Wrote: With Free Agency coming, it's something to consider.   Don't all act surprised if both end up on other teams.   I have a feeling both want to test the market and see what other teams offer them.   I also have a feeling both would like a change.  Nothing against the people of Cincinnati.  Just that sometimes going to another team starts looking good after all the losing.  I wouldn't blame them, and some team will offer AJ Green huge bucks.   Also, if Mike Brown wanted them, they would have been resigned way before free agency.   All arrows point to Mike not resigning them means he decided he was willing to part with them many months ago.  

Anyway, if both are gone come March, don't be all surprised about it.

It will free up a ton of money for Burrow and many new players.  They do have to build for the new decade of the Roaring 20's.  Freeing up a ton of money is music to Mike Browns ears.

The only way Andy is with another team next year is through a trade or release because he still has one year on his contract. I do think however, the front office will trade him because of the respect both sides have for each other and the fact that he still wants to start somewhere. As for AJ, I think he gets franchised and then signed to a long term contract depending on his health.
Reply/Quote

Deeper meaning or Done for the day?!?!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll never get the notion of trading any player to a team known to win championships. If I ever want them to get "rings" it's gotta be in stripes. Otherwise I don't care who they play for. I get zero satisfaction when OUR players go elsewhere to win championships. It does nothing for me. I'm just as happy if they go to Cleveland and win absolutely nothing other than another chance to get the number one overall pick.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 08:56 PM)Synric Wrote:
Deeper meaning or Done for the day?!?!

Hmm
Hmmm. Would guess we are moving on and extending Dennard. Right choice too. 
Reply/Quote
I'm beyond ready to close the book on Dalton. I wouldn't mind AJ sticking around if he is healthy and can be signed to a deal that makes sense given his age, health, and abilities. But if that is not possible, I'm fine with moving on and would rather this team be centered around Burrow and Mixon than a WR anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green is a given?  What kind of deal are they giving him?

They'll most likely offer a 3-4 year deal, with front loaded money and heavy with incentives for years 3 and 4. Failing that, they will tag him....
Reply/Quote
ONLY IF THEY DRAFT BORROW!!!! 2 VERY DIFFERENT COURSES IN FRONT OF MY WHODEYS!!!!!!
1. draft borrow, trade ad and if you can get some picks for aj hes got to be atleast a 2 round comp .and do as much as you can in draft on offense and pray for some fa defensive players.
2. trade pick, fix the lines, keep dalton and a.j., look for a lb or young with first pick, then all both lines, position yourselfs with all the draft picks you can get for 2021 and target lawrence with a line in the making, or is ad and aj come thru for us one more time and win a sb!! i think they could do it if they are backed up and supported!!!

P.S. if you need some help there zt or mb or dt, i can also do maintenance so gm/maintenance guy is a great title for me and hell i will work cheep i will take rookie minimum salary for every year the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

p.s.s. Budwiser(but i really like the arnold palmer spiked teas, carefully they might make you a day drinker)

p.s.s.s. RUN THE DAM BALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LAST ONE P.s.s.s.s.s. Aj the shit you will miss him dearly when he is gone. hoping they can work it out. never really apperciated because of t.o. and Chad was super hard to follow aj better player, love chad(i swear he cought a ball upside down for a touchdown). sign CHAD to be kicker. he could be ochokicko. if they listen to me hes only kicking ep.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 02:39 AM)sleprock Wrote: ONLY IF THEY DRAFT BORROW!!!! 2 VERY DIFFERENT COURSES IN FRONT OF MY WHODEYS!!!!!!
1. draft borrow, and ldo as much as you can in draft on offense and pray for some fa defensive players.
2. trade pick, fix the lines, keep dalton and a.j., look for a lb or young with first pick, then all both lines, position yourselfs with all the draft picks you can get for 2021 and target lawrence with a line in the making, or is ad and aj come thru for us one more time and win a sb!! i think they could do it if they are backed up and supported!!!

His name is Burrow.

Reply/Quote