Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are the Bengals Becoming a "Must-Watch" ?
The Bengals-Chiefs game on Sunday was the most-watched Week 13 national game since 2014. Something like 23.4 million viewers tuned in.

It seems the Bengals are a team that fans enjoy checking out, especially when going up against KC. This Cinci-KC thing is something that is clearly peeking the interest of a lot of football fans across the country. Burrow-Mahomes going head-to-head is beginning to generate interest like Brady-Manning did back in the day.

Does it seem to you like the Bengals have become a pretty hot commodity for viewers of football around the country? I guess that's what a SB appearence , a Joe Burrow , and a budding QB rivalry will do for you.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Yeah. No doubt!
Reply/Quote
Someone else said it on here: There is no rivalry between a hammer and a nail.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win the Super Bowl I would say yes. The rivalry with KC will be huge ratings.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
There are to me and can see the attraction growing with each week as well.

Louisville has only not shown the Bengals once that I recall which I am very happy about. Do not think they will skip anymore games the rest of the year now that they're rolling either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Asking the die-hard fans on a message board if their team is a must watch is kinda funny. I get it though... I checked out late in 2017 and 2018... Stopped watching about halfway through 2019. So I'd suppose this incarnation of the Bengals are must see TV. I'll admit with some bias that we're the most exciting team in the league.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think somewhat.....but this particular matchup has been really exciting the last three episodes. I think that's probably the biggest reason it got such good ratings. It once again lived up to the hype.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone else said it on here: There is no rivalry between a hammer and a nail.

Great, are we the nail this weekend again? Lol
Reply/Quote
more due to Bengals/Chiefs part 3. All of the games have been classics
Reply/Quote
And last Sunday's game having National coverage just seals the deal. The country got to see our boys playing some of their best football.
Reply/Quote
Another Bengals-Chiefs playoff would bring such huge ratings that the NFL might tweak things a bit in order to make it happen (nudge nudge wink wink).

The Bengal's win last Sunday has just about put an end to any talk of a letdown season after a Super Bowl appearance. It's also another reason that the upcoming game against Cleveland is SO important because it locks up a winning season. This period in Bengal's history is so gratifying after decades of watching them be cannon fodder for the Steelers or Ravens even during their winning seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 01:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think somewhat.....but this particular matchup has been really exciting the last three episodes. I think that's probably the biggest reason it got such good ratings. It once again lived up to the hype.

Exactly. Or, it could be many people hate the Chiefs so much they are watching to see them lose. Anyway, the increase in Bengals attention is well deserved by the team and although I sound like I'm not giving them credit, I'm not taking that away from them. They have definitely earned it.

Reply/Quote
I thought before the year started, we should have been getting the hype that the Bills were getting.

Why everyone falls in love with the Bills I do not understand. Yes they have a good team, but what have they done of significance other than win the division a few times?

Josh Allen is a poor mans Burrow. Him and the Bills are overrated as shit. Yes I woke up choosing violence.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 11:14 PM)jason Wrote: Asking the die-hard fans on a message board if their team is a must watch is kinda funny. I get it though... I checked out late in 2017 and 2018... Stopped watching about halfway through 2019. So I'd suppose this incarnation of the Bengals are must see TV. I'll admit with some bias that we're the most exciting team in the league.

While die hard, as you know, those of us who have been lifelong fans since the 80's or 90's know general fans lack of interest in the Bengals, which persisted through the 2010's when we were winning with Dalton.  No one wanted to watch because it was ugly and boring.  Think of trying to watch James Hardin in the NBA....ugly and boring basketball.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Bengals-Chiefs game on Sunday was the most-watched Week 13 national game since 2014. Something like 23.4 million viewers tuned in.

It seems the Bengals are a team that fans enjoy checking out, especially when going up against KC.   This Cinci-KC thing is something that is clearly peeking the interest of a lot of football fans across the country.  Burrow-Mahomes going head-to-head is beginning to generate interest like Brady-Manning did back in the day.

Does it seem to you like the Bengals have become a pretty hot commodity for viewers of football around the country?  I guess that's what a SB appearence , a Joe Burrow , and a budding QB rivalry will do for you.

Just so people can quantify that number, I heard them say it represented a 14% increase from the highest game last season.  I wonder if Goodell and his cronies are now realizing that the NFL is best when every team is given a fair shot.  

As far as why people are picking up on the Bengals, I think it really boils down to Burrow and Chase.  That sounds dismissive to the rest of the team, but that is the star power of those two.  If I ever meet anyone outside this area and we chat football, I always introduce myself as a huge Bengals fan and someone that thinks the steelers should get "Baned".   A lot of folks might say they aren't big fans of the Bengals, but it is ALWAYS followed by "But, I love Joe Burrow".  Or "I love Ja'Marr Chase".  The only other Bengals I had heard that of in the past was Chad Johnson.  Long before he changed his name, folks from Florida were already calling him Ocho Cinco.  Huge star power.  Nationally recognized.  Maybe sometimes for fun TD celebrations, but also for his elite play.

That was before social media became what it is today.  Burrow and Chase, and their relationship (I mean, the meme "F it, Ja'marr is out there somewhere?") and the fact that they won big together in college is VERY appealing to so many people.  Heck, you are even seeing it being mimicked throughout the league. "Let's bring in his college teammate!  Instant chemistry!".  

I think that Burrow and Chase are going to be enormous stars.  If they aren't already.  I just can't even imagine if that last play in the Super Bowl gave Joe just one more second and he throws a game ending bomb on 4th down.  I get chills, then really sad, every time I think about it.  But, knowing these two the way I think I do....it just gave them more fuel to get back and win it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Someone else said it on here: There is no rivalry between a hammer and a nail.

But there is a rivalry between a hammer and my finger.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes they are.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And last Sunday's game having National coverage just seals the deal. The country got to see our boys playing some of their best football.

Well, that would explain why most of the country won't get to watch us play Cleveland.

[Image: tenor.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Bengals-Chiefs game on Sunday was the most-watched Week 13 national game since 2014. Something like 23.4 million viewers tuned in.

It seems the Bengals are a team that fans enjoy checking out, especially when going up against KC.   This Cinci-KC thing is something that is clearly peeking the interest of a lot of football fans across the country.  Burrow-Mahomes going head-to-head is beginning to generate interest like Brady-Manning did back in the day.

Does it seem to you like the Bengals have become a pretty hot commodity for viewers of football around the country?  I guess that's what a SB appearence , a Joe Burrow , and a budding QB rivalry will do for you.

For sure, even my Mom who isn't a sports fan only likes watching the Bengals. 

They are the most exciting team in the NFL without question IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 10:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just so people can quantify that number, I heard them say it represented a 14% increase from the highest game last season.  I wonder if Goodell and his cronies are now realizing that the NFL is best when every team is given a fair shot.  

As far as why people are picking up on the Bengals, I think it really boils down to Burrow and Chase.  That sounds dismissive to the rest of the team, but that is the star power of those two.  If I ever meet anyone outside this area and we chat football, I always introduce myself as a huge Bengals fan and someone that thinks the steelers should get "Baned".   A lot of folks might say they aren't big fans of the Bengals, but it is ALWAYS followed by "But, I love Joe Burrow".  Or "I love Ja'Marr Chase".  The only other Bengals I had heard that of in the past was Chad Johnson.  Long before he changed his name, folks from Florida were already calling him Ocho Cinco.  Huge star power.  Nationally recognized.  Maybe sometimes for fun TD celebrations, but also for his elite play.

That was before social media became what it is today.  Burrow and Chase, and their relationship (I mean, the meme "F it, Ja'marr is out there somewhere?") and the fact that they won big together in college is VERY appealing to so many people.  Heck, you are even seeing it being mimicked throughout the league. "Let's bring in his college teammate!  Instant chemistry!".  

I think that Burrow and Chase are going to be enormous stars.  If they aren't already.  I just can't even imagine if that last play in the Super Bowl gave Joe just one more second and he throws a game ending bomb on 4th down.  I get chills, then really sad, every time I think about it.  But, knowing these two the way I think I do....it just gave them more fuel to get back and win it. 

All true. BTW, that one handed catch out of bounds by Chase against the Chiefs showed just how talented he is...

I know it didn't count but it was crazy skill.

We haven't even sniffed seeing the best of these Bengal greats yet.
Reply/Quote