Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are the Bengals Becoming a "Must-Watch" ?
(12-10-2022, 11:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That is what the local Taproom is for!  Cool

Well sorry Wedge that isn't my realm's of possibilities at this time! Whatever

I just have to buy a lot of brewskies and Vino and I am all good. Look at this team right now! It is all good. Time to destroy those Stains. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 01:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well sorry Wedge that isn't my realm's of possibilities at this time! Whatever

I just have to buy a lot of brewskies and Vino and I am all good. Look at this team right now! It is all good. Time to destroy those Stains. Mellow

If you look at recent NFL TV coverage maps (and you can go look at this week for example), the Bengals games are always on the major TV networks in the state of Louisiana now. The state of LA is demanding NFL TV networks cover Bengals games here . (Burrow, Chase, Lael Collins, Tyler Shelvin, Thad Moss) All LSU grads. I’m in Baton Rouge & have become a HUGE Bengals fan . Most of my friends are also fans now. Even the city of New Orleans has tons of LSU fans there and despite the Saints being located there, the Saints usually come on the opposite major TV network than the Bengals & often at different times. Even die hard Saints fans that I know have made the bengals their “other favorite team” especially since the Bengals play in the AFC, not the NFC (like the Saints). Bengals vs Saints this year in the Superdome had 25,000 Bengals fans there.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:38 AM)doze4 Wrote: If you look at recent NFL TV coverage maps (and you can go look at this week for example), the Bengals games are always on the major TV networks in the state of Louisiana now. The state of LA is demanding NFL TV networks cover Bengals games here . (Burrow, Chase, Lael Collins, Tyler Shelvin, Thad Moss) All LSU grads. I’m in Baton Rouge & have become a HUGE Bengals fan . Most of my friends are also fans now. Even the city of New Orleans has tons of LSU fans there and despite the Saints being located there, the Saints usually come on the opposite major TV network than the Bengals & often at different times. Even die hard Saints fans that I know have made the bengals their “other favorite team” especially since the Bengals play in the AFC, not the NFC (like the Saints). Bengals vs Saints this year in the Superdome had 25,000 Bengals fans there.

Awesome.

I understand the LSU connection, but this could truly be Cincy's "Steeler Nation" era.

Bradshaw
Swan
Stallworth
Harris
Bleier
Webster
Greene
Lambert
Ham
Blount
Shell

Those players impressed a Hell of a lot of "Free Agent Fans" all across the USA that became lifelong fans. Most of those were little kids that later grew up during their down time and started having families of their own around the resurgent Bill Cowher era. That's when their fans started taking over the road team's stadiums.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:38 AM)doze4 Wrote: If you look at recent NFL TV coverage maps (and you can go look at this week for example), the Bengals games are always on the major TV networks in the state of Louisiana now. The state of LA is demanding NFL TV networks cover Bengals games here . (Burrow, Chase, Lael Collins, Tyler Shelvin, Thad Moss) All LSU grads. I’m in Baton Rouge & have become a HUGE Bengals fan . Most of my friends are also fans now. Even the city of New Orleans has tons of LSU fans there and despite the Saints being located there, the Saints usually come on the opposite major TV network than the Bengals & often at different times. Even die hard Saints fans that I know have made the bengals their “other favorite team” especially since the Bengals play in the AFC, not the NFC (like the Saints). Bengals vs Saints this year in the Superdome had 25,000 Bengals fans there.

That is sweet dude. Welcome aboard. Cool

Didn't know getting all those LSU players drew THAT many fans to the Bengals, just great to hear. Tiger
(12-11-2022, 10:18 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Awesome.

I understand the LSU connection, but this could truly be Cincy's "Steeler Nation" era.

Bradshaw
Swan
Stallworth
Harris
Bleier
Webster
Greene
Lambert
Ham
Blount
Shell

Those players impressed a Hell of a lot of "Free Agent Fans" all across the USA that became lifelong fans. Most of those were little kids that later grew up during their down time and started having families of their own around the resurgent Bill Cowher era. That's when their fans started taking over the road team's stadiums.

Eh, let's try not to be like those guys though... Sick
Reply/Quote
Trent Taylor, half of the TNT Connection, also has some Louisiana draw. He attended Louisiana Tech University.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I think everyone is getting sick of KC. My Dad says he cannot stand them anymore. We just love watching Burrow beat Mahomes for the 3rd straight time. I hope for a 4th straight in the playoffs or better yet maybe the Bengals avoid them totally in the playoffs as someone else beats them.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals could be just like KC. KC lost their first Super Bowl with Mahomes. They won the next year and they were a national team. You beat Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes ( one probably twice) and we will get all the spotlight you can imagine.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals could be just like KC. KC lost their first Super Bowl with Mahomes. They won the next year and they were a national team. You beat Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes ( one probably twice) and we will get all the spotlight you can imagine.

they lost their first afc champuonship with mahomes. He won his first super bowl
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:18 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Awesome.

Bradshaw
Swan
Stallworth
Harris
Bleier
Webster
Greene
Lambert
Ham
Blount
Shell

Rocky Bleier is the only steeler Ive ever liked and will always hate that team. But props to Rocky
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they lost their first afc champuonship with mahomes. He won his first super bowl

Thanks I did get that wrong. But the essence was right. Mahomes and the Chiefs burst on the scene with his monstrous season but lost to the Pats in AFC Championship. Then won the next year and that’s what really made them must see TV.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:27 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I think everyone is getting sick of KC. My Dad says he cannot stand them anymore. We just love watching Burrow beat Mahomes for the 3rd straight time. I hope for a 4th straight in the playoffs or better yet maybe the Bengals avoid them totally in the playoffs as someone else beats them.

People are sick to death of their whiny ass fans. I searched an article the other day on something going on with the Chiefs, and now every time I log onto FB I get deluged with a bunch of Chiefs fan pages. The comments are all the same, Half the posts are Chiefs fans whining about the referees, whining about Bates getting a cramp, etc., and the other half are fans of other teams telling them to grow up and stop crying because Burrow will own them for years.
Reply/Quote