Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are there any optimists left?
(10-30-2019, 02:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummm, hate to break the news to you, but Paul Brown passed a long time ago.  Mellow

Always harassing me over the small points, eh!

Now, I've had to go through all the posts and correct them in a hopeless attempt to make it look like I never wrote the wrong name... when every knows I did.

Thanks, man!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe mike Brown has a son named Paul Brown...

He does. But considering that Katie would take over as owner after Mike AND the fact that he edited his post to say Mike Brown, I think it's safe to assume he meant Mike Brown instead of Paul Brown and hence my little jokey reminder is perfectly valid. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First rule of board banning...do not talk about board banning.
Second rule of board banning...do..not..talk..about..board..banning. 
Though, you were probably suspended. Not banned. 

Couldn't have said it better. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not. Unfortunately...we're 8-9 starters away. That's about as bad as it gets.

IF we take a QB...there's probably a 40% chance that they turn out good.

The whole having to find a franchise QB thing is daunting. It's not easy.

Since the Bengals drafted Palmer less than 33% of the 1st round QB last more than 5 years. Bengals have been very lucky or maybe ML actually knew what he was doing as a coach. 

Only time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He does. But considering that Katie would take over as owner after Mike AND the fact that he edited his post to say Mike Brown, I think it's safe to assume he meant Mike Brown instead of Paul Brown and hence my little jokey reminder is perfectly valid. ThumbsUp

Well, to be honest, it really wasn't so much jokey as accurate. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:37 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, to be honest, it really wasn't so much jokey as accurate. Wink

Are you trying to correct me?

Are YOU trying to correct me?

Are you trying to correct ME?

Are you TRYING to correct me?

Are you trying to CORRECT me?

Ok, if you say so. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:36 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Since the Bengals drafted Palmer less than 33% of the 1st round QB last more than 5 years. Bengals have been very lucky or maybe ML actually knew what he was doing as a coach. 

Only time will tell.

Marvin did a stellar job of acquiring talent (up until 2015). But his overall coaching on game day was atrocious when it really mattered.

In any case, Jay Gruden was the main reason the team drafted Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's optimism from all (optimist and pessimist) that we'll get the number 1 pick of the draft.

That's all I got.

(10-30-2019, 01:49 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I concur. That being said, that ain't all bad.

Yeah, this is about as optimistic as I can be at this point and I am one of the most optimistic dudes here...

We get a player like Chase Young in the first and upgrade the O-line and Linebacker in FA and the Draft and I will be back to myself.

Can't help it. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tag me as the optimist. Is the season done? Sure it is. Does the coach suck? Too early to tell and we ain't gonna know in 1yr. We still suck at FA, well, we don't suck at it because we don't use it, but you get my point. Most of our players suck as well. Some of our coaches appear to be wrong choices. So why optimism? Dalton's benched, with the Dalton benching comes ZT's promise of accountability. Also, large changes like this usually light a fire in the team because face it, probably isn't many player happy with Dalton (although not all his fault) on offense.

I'm happy to see what Finley can do and at least satisfy our opinions on Daltons ability behind this crappy line. If Finley succeeds, then Daltons value and opinion of him drop significantly. Not that I want that for him, but unlike the FO, I want to win and don't care if he is benched on his birthday or at his mothers funeral. Ok, well, maybe not at the funeral, was trying to be funny and well, that shit aint funny. Why else do I have optimism? Well, we are 0-8 so we are looking at younger, newer guys and giving them a chance to play. This helps us move on from overpaid aging players in the near future.

Take it for what its worth, and although many want 0-16 for the #1 draft pick which is a crap shoot to begin with, I wan't these guys to start coming together and showing some chemistry with one another. Benching Andy does not do that, winning does. We just aint winning with Andy.

Wait? They benched Dalton Harley?

Missed it.
Reply/Quote
Our front office has produced a winning record over the last 15 years without even wanting or trying to win.

Do realize how brilliant that means they are?  They actually have a winning record against all those other teams who care and try so hard.  That is pure genius.

:andy:  Who Dey  Dancing  Happy  DingDing  Yes  Garfield  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but why isn't ZT holding himself accountable find an OC that has a clue?   hired all his buddies instead of the best qualified.

Yeah, I agree. The accountability thing is dead in the water. Turner is not held accountable for the crap he's put out up front. ZT's is being out coached in game planning and scheme. The veterans are regressing under this staff. Marvin had 6 wins with this team, Taylor will be lucky to get 3.

The ship is sinking and Mike Brown is steering it with a business as usual attitude as he naps in his chair.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our front office has produced a winning record over the last 15 years without even wanting or trying to win.

Do realize how brilliant that means they are?  They actually have a winning record against all those other teams who care and try so hard.  That is pure genius.

:andy:  Who Dey  Dancing  Happy  DingDing  Yes  Garfield  Who Dey

I think you mean Marvin produced a winning record over the past 15 years.

Before Marvin, losing record.

After Marvin, losing record.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:41 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin did a stellar job of acquiring talent (up until 2015). But his overall coaching on game day was atrocious when it really mattered.

In any case, Jay Gruden was the main reason the team drafted Dalton.

Can you imagine if Mike Brown got his way and we drafted Ryan Mallet?
Reply/Quote
I sure hope there are some optimists left. I need to get a new pair of glasses! Nervous
Reply/Quote
Some fans claim our front office never makes any moves, but the last two off seasons have seen us change coaches, signed the leagues leading tackler in free agency, and trade for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

After the 2010 season there was no optimism around here, but in free agency we signed THREE NEW STARTERS that transformed our defense from 24th in scoring to 9th and then in the draft we selected 2 Pro Bowl players with our first two picks (Dalton, Green) and also added a stalwart of our offensive line in the 4th (Boling).

We have done it before so we can do it again. I choose to be optimistic. I understand some people prefer being pessimistic, but what I don't understand is the pessimists that make stuff up to feed their pessimism like "Mike NEVER signs any decent free agents!" or "Our front office NEVER drafts any good players." or "Mike Brown NEVER pays offensive linemen." You guys are entitled to squeal and whimper all you want, but you are not allowed to make up false claims.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you imagine if Mike Brown got his way and we drafted Ryan Mallet?

Or was it Kaepernick?

I have heard that version also.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I think you mean Marvin produced a winning record over the past 15 years.

Before Marvin, losing record.

After Marvin, losing record.

So are you claiming the front office has zero effect on the results? 

Or are you saying "I won't give them credit for anything good, but I will blame them for everything bad?"
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 02:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote:  Turner is not held accountable for the crap he's put out up front. 

Got to blame Turner for all that because all the O-linemen we have this year were great last year, right?

And Hopkins improving is just luck.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So are you claiming the front office has zero effect on the results? 

Or are you saying "I won't give them credit for anything good, but I will blame them for everything bad?"

Oh no, they had an effect on results. I'm saying they haven't had a good effect on results. The 90s were bad. Winless this year is bad.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to blame Turner for all that because all the O-linemen we have this year were great last year, right?

And Hopkins improving is just luck.

Hopkins played well last season in the time he was out there.

The rest of the line is a joke. The current coaching staff wanted Hart back. That was a bad omen of things to come.

Reply/Quote