Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are we SURE that Antonio Brown is better than AJ Green?
Title.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If dre kirkpatrick is lined up against him next week there is no doubt AB will outperform Green
Reply/Quote
Yes. But not by much.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:59 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Yes. But not by much.

I'm honestly not too sure about that.

Green's style simply seems more dominant when he's on his game. 

Brown has better numbers, but he tends to get more targets so that is a wash. When it comes to game winning plays and taking over games and just being unstoppable overall, I'm not sure you can say AB is even that much better. You're right though, it's definitely close.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:54 AM)Gohards Wrote: If dre kirkpatrick is lined up against him next week there is no doubt AB will outperform Green

In the past, they have moved Jones all over the field to cover Brown. Jones is a better match up as he also is built low to the ground, fast and quick like AB. Sorry, there are few CB's with the ability to handle AB or AJ Green one on one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:02 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I'm honestly not too sure about that.

Green's style simply seems more dominant when he's on his game. 

Brown has better numbers, but he tends to get more targets so that is a wash. When it comes to game winning plays and taking over games and just being unstoppable overall, I'm not sure you can say AB is even that much better. You're right though, it's definitely close.

Ok .

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:53 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Title.

No and I've never thought he was better. He will put up better numbers for the season, but that doesn't make him better. AB > AJ in fantasy football, AJ>AB in actual football. People put way too much emphasis on comparing raw numbers, especially with the rise of fan gays football, but if a coach were building a team from scratch id bet the majority would want green
Reply/Quote
If I were a GM and I had a choice to sign/draft Brown or Green, I'm taking Green. His physical traits are just prototypical WR size.
Reply/Quote
Antonio Brown - http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13934/antonio-brown

A.J. Green - http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13983/aj-green

Pretty even if you ask me. Brown has been in the league about a 1/2 season longer so Brown has the slight edge in yards, receptions and targets. Green has the edge in total TD's heading into '16 (Green- 45, Brown- 38) and that's with Brown being targeted 81 more times than Green throughout their respective careers. Yesterday's Jet game aside.

Also last season specifically both Brown and Green hauled in 10 touchdown receptions yet Antonio was targeted a full 15 times more than Green. Green also had a higher average per-reception in 2015 at 15.1 (which also matched his 2014 average) to Brown's 13.5.

Both great threats down the field and about as even as it gets. I still would take Green being the more reliable deep threat, pass catcher and overall NFL WR.
Reply/Quote
A.J. Green and Antonio Brown are 2 different type of receivers.

With that said, Antonio Brown is still better than Green, Brown had almost 2,000 yards last year while missing Ben Roethlisberger for some games. Green is top 3 in my opinion though, 1. AB 2. Julio 3. A.J.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:34 PM)milksheikh Wrote: A.J. Green and Antonio Brown are 2 different type of receivers.

With that said, Antonio Brown is still better than Green, Brown had almost 2,000 yards last year while missing Ben Roethlisberger for some games. Green is top 3 in my opinion though, 1. AB 2. Julio 3. A.J.

I want whatever your smokin!  Julio Jones ahead of AJ, please.
Reply/Quote
Brown is a better fantasy receiver, but fantasy numbers are as much about the system around a receiver as the receiver themselves. I do not believe Brown puts up the same numbers regardless of the team he's on.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, and OBJ, these guys (IMO) put up the same kind of numbers regardless of the team they are on.

I really do not believe Brown is faster, quicker, has better hands, is stronger, tougher, or runs better routes than Randall Cobb. He does get the ball thrown his way a lot more often.

Not to suggest that AB isn't a great player, because he is. As was said earlier though, AJ is the prototype. The prototype exists for a reason. The reason is, you can build around that guy regardless of personnel. If a defense tries to man up the prototype, even with a guy like Revis, you see the result.
Reply/Quote
This is like having a who's better thread, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Both are likely going into the HOF so does it really matter who may be a shade better? Brown and Green are both HOF caliber receivers if they can stay healthy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:53 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Title.

I am not sure now. Doubt Brown would put up those kind of numbers on Revis and that Secondary.
Reply/Quote
Green plays on a team where there are weapons so he doesn't get the 2000 yards like the other receivers do but if you put green on a team without weapons he wil murder you for 2200 yards
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Green plays on a team where there are weapons so he doesn't get the 2000 yards like the other receivers do but if you put green on a team without weapons he wil murder you for 2200 yards

So you mean to tell me that Martavis Bryant, LeVeon Bell, and DeAngelo Williams aren't weapons? Along with Wheaton?

The Steelers have weapons. To think otherwise is ludicrous.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:54 AM)Gohards Wrote: If dre kirkpatrick is lined up against him next week there is no doubt AB will outperform Green

you mean like Decker and Marshall combined did ????
Reply/Quote
They're both pretty damn dominant, hard to say who is better. However, AJ was a first round (top 5) pick, AB wasn't drafted until the 6th round. His rags-to-riches like career makes me give a slight nod to AB
Reply/Quote
Does Brown put up the numbers he does in a Bengals offense? Does AJ Green put up the numbers in a Steelers offense? Let's be honest, for the majority of their careers, Brown has had the better QB.

I do think Brown is more dangerous after the catch.
Reply/Quote
AJ ALL DAY Did you see that one handed diving catch yesterday!? Even Revis about shit himself on that one, and he's seen about everything in the league!
Reply/Quote