Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we alone
(07-15-2019, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe?

Do you think think there is anything more than the most simple forms (bacteria, etc..) of life in our solar system?

Do you think we've been "visited"?

Yes

No, not in the solar system. Our Milky Way galaxy with rough estimate of 200-400 billion stars though, yes, as we revolve around just one of these stars. And they estimate at least 100 billion planets in the Milky Way, with our solar system having a mere 8 planets. The universe which consists of billions on billions of galaxies, obviously yes.

Yes
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-16-2019, 08:43 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, though I do believe the laws of physics do apply and can't be switched off by higher technology, it is not unimaginable still there's indeed some kind of warpdrive-like device.
But that they would leave no trace somewhere around the planet that at least would deeply baffle us, that gets harder to imagine. The deeply scientific show called star trek taught me that even the klingon's cloaking device leaves back traces.
Finite reasoning doesn't always work in an infinite universe. 

Lot's of things are hard for us to imagine, For instance how big is the universe? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-16-2019, 08:43 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, though I do believe the laws of physics do apply and can't be switched off by higher technology, it is not unimaginable still there's indeed some kind of warpdrive-like device.
But that they would leave no trace somewhere around the planet that at least would deeply baffle us, that gets harder to imagine. The deeply scientific show called star trek taught me that even the klingon's cloaking device leaves back traces.

Maybe they did and we haven't discovered it yet. Or maybe they did and we destroyed it.

The place where the process to create steel was invented in my back yard (so to speak, about 20 miles from here). You wouldn't know it now, it's a trailer park.
(07-15-2019, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As the 50th anniversary of the Apollo landing approaches there seems to be a renewed interest in space. We have Trump talking about going back to the moon, we have talks of a raid (most likely a hoax) on area 51, and we have a general increase in UFO talk. So I ask the following.

Do you think there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe?

Do you think think there is anything more than the most simple forms (bacteria, etc..) of life in our solar system?

Do you think we've been "visited"?

Of course more than simple yes/no answers would be great and let's try to keep it non-combative (ie...supreme being, Trump is why Pluto is no longer a planet, ect..)

Yes. Almost impossible to be alone considering how big space is.

No. Not yet.

By probes maybe but surely not by beings. It's just too big. and it's a whole earth evolution life system. They would be killed by viruses in days.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(07-17-2019, 12:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Finite reasoning doesn't always work in an infinite universe. 

Lot's of things are hard for us to imagine, For instance how big is the universe? 

That's true. Reasoning has its limits in general, eg. we use the capacity of our species' brain to determine what is reasonable. Which might not be too reasonable, for why is our specific human brain the benchmark for universal reason?

But I won't take the step to say, well there are limits to our reasoning, hence even the unimaginable is very well possible. Some things remain highly unlikely to me and so I still say for example, nope, we haven't been visited by disguised aliens. With the same reasoning - that our reasoning is too limited to determine universal truth - one could claim there's a river god inside the Danube or the meaning of life is buried under a street lantern in Bismarck ND. I still do not believe those things either.
(07-17-2019, 02:55 AM)Benton Wrote: Maybe they did and we haven't discovered it yet. Or maybe they did and we destroyed it.

The place where the process to create steel was invented in my back yard (so to speak, about 20 miles from here). You wouldn't know it now, it's a trailer park.

Is your backyard Mumbai?  Maybe Damascus?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-16-2019, 05:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I got this almost 3 years ago. Relevant to the thread.

[Image: RvDuVCA.png]

How'd you get purple marker on your wrist?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-17-2019, 01:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How'd you get purple marker on your wrist?

Not sure if you’re kidding but that’s where he marked off the placement
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-17-2019, 01:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How'd you get purple marker on your wrist?

[Image: stay-in-your-5c3140.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-17-2019, 08:40 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Is your backyard Mumbai?  Maybe Damascus?

Kentucky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessemer_process

Basically, Kelly moved to Eddyville, Kentucky, studied info from Chinese workers on how to make steel, and set up a way to make it quickly, cheaply and in large quantities... then had it stolen by the English industrialists who were hoping to supply cannons to the government. 
(07-17-2019, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not sure if you’re kidding but that’s where he marked off the placement

No I really didn’t know. I don’t know how tattoos work. LOL

(07-17-2019, 02:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Kentucky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessemer_process

Basically, Kelly moved to Eddyville, Kentucky, studied info from Chinese workers on how to make steel, and set up a way to make it quickly, cheaply and in large quantities... then had it stolen by the English industrialists who were hoping to supply cannons to the government. 

Well how did he learn how to make steel from the Chinese if he invented the process to make steel?

(07-17-2019, 02:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No I really didn’t know. I don’t know how tattoos work. LOL

You have a history of playfully messing with me (I'm not a ***** ginger) so I wasn't sure lol.

You can either freehand with the tattoo machine, you can sketch it on contact paper and apply that to the body (most common), or you can use markers to sketch it on the body directly. 

So in this case he marked on the arm where it'd go and then sketched some of it on contact paper and applied it. He free handed some of it, hence the imperfections here and there.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-17-2019, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: stay-in-your-5c3140.jpg]

I just swerved a little.

(07-17-2019, 02:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You have a history of playfully messing with me (I'm not a ***** ginger) so I wasn't sure lol.

You can either freehand with the tattoo machine, you can sketch it on contact paper and apply that to the body (most common), or you can use markers to sketch it on the body directly. 

So in this case he marked on the arm where it'd go and then sketched some of it on contact paper and applied it. He free handed some of it, hence the imperfections here and there.

Well in a way i was messing with you in that you showed this tattoo and I noticed some purple marker, but no I had no idea that it was part of the process.  It makes sense, but I guess I've never really thought about how they go about applying (right word?) tattoos.

(07-16-2019, 07:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: No. That idea makes zero sense to me. Why would an alien race visit earth in secret all the time, what's the purpose. And even if, why would they never get caught.
Also, if there's intelligent life out there it still would probably not be able to avoid the Einstein barrier, eg. it could not travel faster than light and hence would need a truly astronomical number of years to even get here from their home planet.
And if a species could live that long, it couldn't develop as highly (for generations and generations are necessary for life to evolve). Sure they could travel for generation after generation after generation on some spaceship, but that raises questions a) about energy and supplies (there's no reststops in space) and b) why would they do that.

Einstein recanted his light speed barrier theory agreeing with Poincare Lorentz aether theory.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(07-17-2019, 05:51 PM)Synric Wrote: Einstein recanted his light speed barrier theory agreeing with Poincare Lorentz aether theory.

OK that reaches my limits pretty quickly, but don't the Lorentz transformations claim that there might theoretically be tachyones that cannot go as slow as the speed of light? If that's the case, that doesn't help the alien race.

I know that there's no aether though. And I know about "beaming" (the real one, instantaneous information transfer), but that's no way to travel.
(07-17-2019, 05:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK that reaches my limits pretty quickly, but don't the Lorentz transformations claim that there might theoretically be tachyones that cannot go as slow as the speed of light? If that's the case, that doesn't help the alien race.

All I know is after over 100 years of saying Tachyon Particles (particles that travel faster than light) couldnt possibly exsist they have created a Tachyon Field called the Higgs Field supposedly full of Tachyons which creates mass through condensation in massless particles like Photons.

Which is the extent of my knowledge because I just read it in a magazine lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(07-17-2019, 08:24 PM)Synric Wrote: All I know is after over 100 years of saying Tachyon Particles (particles that travel faster than light) couldnt possibly exsist they have created a Tachyon Field called the Higgs Field supposedly full of Tachyons which creates mass through condensation in massless particles like Photons.

Which is the extent of my knowledge because I just read it in a magazine lol.

That's the first I hear of the Higgs field having anything to do with tachyons.

I do remember that tachyons would have an imaginary mass. Imagine that.