Poll: Are you done if Hue is our next HC?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you done if it’s Hue?
(12-04-2018, 02:23 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'll still remain a fan, but I'll continue to not buying any merchandise. I'll probably also just put games on in the background and find other things to do.

This. I'll not invest as much time and energy on the team as usual, but will still check in here and there. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not done as a fan but my investment $$ for entertainment won't be made in PBS that's for sure.

I can buy a lot of food and beer for $150 bucks and watch lots of football at the sports bars. Actually started doing that the last couple of weeks, hang with the family at the local establishment. I put out the invite and see who shows up. Funny my kids want no part of going to the games but provide free beer and a hot meal and they jump all over that.... Wink

Thanks MB, in my case you've lost an entire generation of fans.
Reply/Quote
If Hue is our next coach, I don't think I'll be able to watch the team play until he's gone. Say whatever you will about Mike Brown giving Marvin nearly two decades to win a playoff game and coming up short 7 times during that span. But to let Marvin go and then bring someone in who is quantifiably worse than Marvin as a head coach? The Bengals relationship with the fanbase is already toxic as is. The stadium is getting emptier week-by-week. For the life of me, I have no godly clue how Mike Brown would try to sell that to people with a straight face. How do you energize a fanbase over Marvin 2.0 (but without any of the success)? You can't.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Urban Meyer is supposedly announcing that he is retiring after the Rose Bowl.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 09:57 AM)pally Wrote: Urban Meyer is supposedly announcing that he is retiring after the Rose Bowl.

Because of his health. If that’s truly the reason he’s not coming to the NFL.

Reply/Quote
I would still root for the bengals to win but I honestly think I wouldn’t watch them nearly as much. I already don’t go to games and I won’t be buying any merchandise for awhile. Tired of banging my head against the wall with this team.

I can find more enjoyable things to do with my Sunday afternoons. Of course I’ll stay hang around here to commiserate in our misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If I had a nickel for every person that said they were done with the Bengals and after a few weeks/months were back on the Bengals train.... Id be rich...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I can't see myself ever being 'done' with the Bengals, but...if they name Hue as the next head coach, my overall interest level will be at an all-time low.

My sentiments exactly.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I survived the Shula/Coslett/LeBeau era, so I will survive Hue.  May be the final straw as far as the season tickets are concerned, but I'll still be a fan.

Right there with you. I even survived Homer Rice.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Didn't vote.  If Hue is the next Bengals head coach I'll just lose interest for awhile.  I'll watch less games or none at all.  I'll still be a Bengals fan and hope that some day they can achieve what other great teams have done.  Mostly I'll just be really disappointed if Hue falls into the head coach position due to his bromance with Marvin.  

I find it hard to believe a competent GM/owner would replace Marvin with Hue.  After all since Hue became the assistant to the regional manger the Bengals have not won a game.  So it isn't like Hue has really done much to prove he is worthy.  Then again we are talking competent GM/owner and the Bengals seems to be lacking that.

Its going to be either Hue or Bill Lazor.Trust me on this one. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 06:33 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My sentiments exactly.

A good or if excellent OC would be none other than Dave Lapham.He would be super good.Bring in all the old school guys,like Solomon Wilcoxs to coach the defensive Secondary,Get Boomer for OC,T.J.Houuse for the receivers coach.I would hire big A.Munoz for my HC.IF you want to put butts in the seats,hire a lot of the old school players to coach.It would take a season to jell,but look out after that.I know this,the players would play their arses off for these type coaches.Tim Krumrie would be my DC and he lives right here in the nati.No brainer folks.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 07:58 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: A good or if excellent OC would be none other than Dave Lapham.He would be super good.Bring in all the old school guys,like Solomon Wilcoxs to coach the defensive Secondary,Get Boomer for OC,T.J.Houuse for the receivers coach.I would hire big A.Munoz for my HC.IF you want to put butts in the seats,hire a lot of the old school players to coach.It would take a season to jell,but look out after that.I know this,the players would play their arses off for these type coaches.Tim Krumrie would be my DC and he lives right here in the nati.No brainer folks.

Lap's never even been a position coach.  What would his qualifications be?  If you said OLine coach, I could probably go with that.  But it might not not be a bad idea to hire a guy who has done that particular job somewhere.  Lap is right where he belongs.   The idea is to improve, right?  Who knows if Lap could do the job but who wants to be the place where he finds out?

Has Solly or Boomer ever coached or ever even gave any indication of wanting to?  As Tim Krumrie has been battling CTE for awhile now and coaching in the NFL is not something he could even do.

Now, TJ as receiver coach is something I would be all over.  He wants to coach and he knows how to get the most out of what you've got and he always had a passion for the game.

Ghosts of the past might put some butts in the seats initially but if they don't turn end up being any good the butts would be quickly gone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Never gonna be done with my hometown team that I’ve followed for almost 40 years. My plan is the same as it has been since 2009, just outlive MB.
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon fellas... You're really gonna quit on them if Hue is the next HC? Watching football's supposed to be fun. I got 99 problems, but Hue ain't one...

Urban Meyer's the next head coach anyway...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:38 PM)jason Wrote: Oh c'mon fellas... You're really gonna quit on them if Hue is the next HC? Watching football's supposed to be fun. I got 99 problems, but Hue ain't one...

Urban Meyer's the next head coach anyway...

Matt Cambell is the next coach.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Hue seemed fine if he was coaching a team that wasn't expected to win. But when the expectations and consequently the pressure began to rise, and if things didn't go well, Hue got real pointy with the finger of blame. That ain't leadership.

I'd love to have a guy who can turn the lemons into lemonade, especially with all the lemons that keep hurling our way. A stronger team psyche would work wonders.

Start with discipline, build it into toughness. Now you have an identity. Stop beating yourself and you can back to beating other teams.

Smooth sailing tells you very little about anyone. When the chips are down, that's when you find out about people. We're finding out a lot of bad shit about the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No I would not in fact Hue is not the worst coach I think Mike can think of. Brat or the substitute teacher Guenther would make me lose all hope though.
In all seriousness I hope this team makes an outside hire preferably a young defensive coach who will get in guys faces. Also hope that they actually fix the front office. With more scouts and with someone that can atcually run the whole thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If it's Hue, I will make every effort to scale back to "casual" fan status. I'll check scores, but I'll miss a bunch of games.

Heck, I'm already closer to that point than I've ever been.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 07:50 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Its going to be either Hue or Bill Lazor.Trust me on this one. ThumbsUp

Or Darrin Simmons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am done if it is Hue. Absolutely.

In fact, I am done unless one of two things happen.

1. Marvin is fired

or

2. They draft a highly talented QB with upside.

I've had enough of this clown show.
Reply/Quote