Poll: Are you done if Hue is our next HC?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you done if it’s Hue?
I know I said in another thread I wasn’t big on Mike McCarthy, but I’d take him in a heartbeat over Hue. I think it’s pretty much a done deal at this point though.

And for the record, I’d never root for another team. My being “done” would consist of doing other things with my Sunday afternoons. I would never pay to see this team in person anyway, but I do watch the games at home and almost never miss one. If Hue takes over I might record the games on the DVR and watch bits and pieces, but more likely I’ll just check box scores to see how badly we lost.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Why?

I've put up with Marvin Lewis, I can put up with the other Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:31 PM)Benton Wrote: Why?

I've put up with Marvin Lewis, I can put up with the other Marvin Lewis.

I actually think he’s much worse.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know I said in another thread I wasn’t big on Mike McCarthy, but I’d take him in a heartbeat over Hue. I think it’s pretty much a done deal at this point though.  

And for the record, I’d never root for another team. My being “done” would consist of doing other things with my Sunday afternoons. I would never pay to see this team in person anyway, but I do watch the games at home and almost never miss one. If Hue takes over I might record the games on the DVR and watch bits and pieces, but more likely I’ll just check box scores to see how badly we lost.

That's where I would be.....total disinterest....so I voted yes.  If they hired Hue, I'd just go on to other things, if and when they moved on from him, I'd show some more interest.  I'd still be around here to terrorize you effers though. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m trying to hold on until this owner dies and then see if anything actually changes. I know that it’s not pc to say that but 28 years says that nothing will change under Mike. My greatest hope is that Kate will sell. It’s honestly just not fun rooting for a team for this long and knowing that there isn’t a chance at all for a great season. If I am ever done with the Bengals, I’ll be done with the NFL all together. The rule changes, gambling and politics have changed what things were. There’s like a hold on every kickoff and punt, teams can’t play hard nosed defense and the refs are too inconsistent and many times one sided. I haven’t spent money on this farce in several years, sometimes it feels pathetic devoting time to something that gives much more anguish than satisfaction in return.
Reply/Quote
DONE, as in forever? NO

DONE in that I'll probably no care too much to pay attention? YES

Reply/Quote
I can't exactly vote now, but like everyone else, I will always be a fan, but the interest level has/will drop to an all time low.... I'm at the point of not even calling them professionals anymore, this team is so far from professional.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be done but I certainly wouldn't give the attention that I have my whole life. I wouldn't go to any games next year. Instead, I would go to Panthers games.
Reply/Quote
Not sure that I would be "done", but it sure as hell wouldn't get my name on the season ticket waiting list any time soon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not totally done, but i wouldnt be watching games. I'd be on here some and reading recaps and box scores at most. If the team somehow were going on run I may tune in then, but my faith in that happening would be as low as ever.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t read this thread yet but I’m sure a few have said the same..... I will not be happy about it, but will never be done.
Reply/Quote
I think i'm already done but i'll still probably watch because i'm a masochist when it comes to the Bengals. When i became a fan in 1980 they showed great promise. The NFL in general has also greatly tarnished my enthusiasm for the game.

Reply/Quote
I’d be out. My final straw.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I will never be done. My already low expectations will continue to drop, and I may find myself not bothered by missing games or I might even flip the channels in search of decent football to watch.
Reply/Quote
I'll still remain a fan, but I'll continue to not buying any merchandise. I'll probably also just put games on in the background and find other things to do.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'll still remain a fan, but I'll continue to not buying any merchandise. I'll probably also just put games on in the background and find other things to do.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yep. I waste too much time and emotion on this as is.

Bought my first ever season tix this year. Would love to not be one and done. Hue to head coach and marv to the front office would do me in.
Hilarious Really you bought season tickets, My cousin told me 12 years ago as long as Marvin Lewis is here we wont win the superbowl period. Evry year I realize his wisdom. When the stands are empty and only then will Marvin be released.
Reply/Quote
Whatever you may say, Hue was historically a better offensive coordinator than these recent rejects. And say what you may, but you must agree that Hue was the only OC that knew how to use Gio right. Then say what you may about the current franchise, but Gio has been misused due to offensive leadership for years. And no, I'm not talking about injuries that have led to him starting. (This is my St. Crispin's Day speech)

I'm not particularly a Hue fan, but at least he knows modern Football, compared to the throwbacks we've seen under recent memory.

Let's pray that Zimmer gets fired and somewhere in MB's coal heart he rehires him.
Reply/Quote
Not done being a fan. But Sunday golf will increase for a while.
Reply/Quote
I will still watch every game and complain, moan and grown. I’ll drink way to much beer and slide into a deep depression. Or, I may just watch other teams and forget all that nonsense. Besides, wife would be too thrilled if I gave up on football and did yard work all day on sundays. Who wants all that?

Reply/Quote