Poll: Preferred playing the rams or 49ers?
Preferred playing the Rams
Preferred playing the 49ers
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you glad our opponent are the Rams and not the 49ers?
I hate the 49ers and could not bear another loss to those clowns.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've been split on this question.. Part of me didn't want number 3 to happen against them, but a HUGE part of me wanted to see Joe just completely destroy them and vanquish the ghosts of Montana and Young forever into the dustbin of NFL lore.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:18 AM)grampahol Wrote: I've been split on this question.. Part of me didn't want number 3 to happen against them, but a HUGE part of me wanted to see Joe just completely destroy them and vanquish the ghosts of Montana and Young forever into the dustbin of NFL lore.. 

We never played against Young in the NFL Championship.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Didn't care then and still don't now. We are in the Super Bowl. That's all that matters.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I wanted the 9ers because I thought that would be a cleaner game. What I fear the most is an Aaron Donald cheap shot dirty play that not only takes him out of the game, but most of next season as well. Bosa would not do that.
Reply/Quote
The Niners felt like they were getting hot at the right time, and if they had won I guarantee their fans would've flooded the stadium on Sunday.

The Rams let the Buccaneers storm back with several turnovers, and Stafford all but threw a game-ending INT against the Niners. They're beatable when they make mistakes. And at least the crowd noise should be relatively neutral on Sunday.

I don't think I could've handled a third loss to San Fran, so for better or worse I'm kinda glad we got the matchup we did. If nothing else, we are guaranteed a likeable QB winning the Super Bowl this year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't care who we actually play, but if we had gotten the Niners all we would have heard about for two weeks would have been our two prior Super Bowl losses.

I am glad we got the Rams instead.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:41 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't think I could've handled a third loss to San Fran, so for better or worse I'm kinda glad we got the matchup we did.  If nothing else, we are guaranteed a likeable QB winning the Super Bowl this year.

Says who? Garappolo was panicking at crunch time. That means he's easily rattled and can be forced to make mistakes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:51 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Says who? Garappolo was panicking at crunch time. That means he's easily rattled and can be forced to make mistakes.

He played perfectly fine against us, I thought.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I preferred the Niners because I felt they were the lesser of the 2 NFC teams. Also, since we played them earlier in the year and lost, I was really looking forward to a rematch to exercise those ghosts of this past season and Super Bowls.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:56 AM)Big Boss Wrote: He played perfectly fine against us, I thought.

Put him under the Big Lights and the pressure is on!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I wanted the 49ers because I wanted revenge!
Reply/Quote
Rather player the 49ers. We should have already beat them and we are undefeated playing teams for a second time. They also don't have the weapons on offense that the Rams have and their QB play is abysmal at times.

This is a no brainer for me.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I wanted the 49ers.

But you get what you get.
Reply/Quote
I wanted the 49ers. They aren't as good as the Rams.
Reply/Quote
The 49ers would have been an objectively easier match up.

Worse cornerbacks, worse pass rush, worse QB, worse WRs (albeit close) and we've already played them. And Joe LOVES playing a team a second time. And in that game, we had one of the worst first half performances all year with 2 muffed punt returns and a bullshit taunting penalty that turned a field goal into a touchdown, and we still took it to overtime.

I have no doubt in my mind that we'd beat the 49ers in a rematch.

Plus, there's the whole revenge for 81 and 88 storyline that would have been very, very sweet.

The Rams, I honestly don't know if we'll win. They have an elite CB to shut down Chase, they have an elite pass rush from multiple positions (as opposed to just Bosa for the 49ers), they have a QB who, while he has choked in the past, is an objectively elite passer and has limited the chokes this year, making me think maybe it was the Lions who were the real chokers, and a wide receiver corp that includes the triple crown winner.

I'm going into this game thinking it's a 50/50 game, whereas the 49ers game would have been a 90/10 game, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I voted Rams, even though I think the Rams are the better team.
I figure if the Bengals win, great.
But if the Rams win, at least a former Bengal great and former Miami University alum win a championship.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Preferred playing the forty Niners because they have the lesser Quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The 49ers would have been an objectively easier match up.

Worse cornerbacks, worse pass rush, worse QB, worse WRs (albeit close) and we've already played them. And Joe LOVES playing a team a second time. And in that game, we had one of the worst first half performances all year with 2 muffed punt returns and a bullshit taunting penalty that turned a field goal into a touchdown, and we still took it to overtime.

I have no doubt in my mind that we'd beat the 49ers in a rematch.

Plus, there's the whole revenge for 81 and 88 storyline that would have been very, very sweet.

The Rams, I honestly don't know if we'll win. They have an elite CB to shut down Chase, they have an elite pass rush from multiple positions (as opposed to just Bosa for the 49ers), they have a QB who, while he has choked in the past, is an objectively elite passer and has limited the chokes this year, making me think maybe it was the Lions who were the real chokers, and a wide receiver corp that includes the triple crown winner.

I'm going into this game thinking it's a 50/50 game, whereas the 49ers game would have been a 90/10 game, in my opinion.

Yeah. I'm all on the Bengals train, obviously. However, the Rams are an objectively bad match-up for Cincinnati. I've mentioned this in several threads, and it isn't an impossible task but the biggest defensive strength for LA is their DL. They have one of the greatest pass rushers of all time at DT, another potential Hall of Fame pass rusher in Von Miller and Leonard Floyd who can ALSO get after the passer. Jalen Ramsey is also a fantastic corner.

Cincinnati definitely has the skill players to beat LA, so if Joe is kept clean then they have a great shot. I'll believe in Joe and company against anyone. However, this is probably the worst matchup in the entire league for Cincinnati. I think the game will be close and a great game but LA is going to make things really tough for Joe. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wanted the 9ers because I thought that would be a cleaner game. What I fear the most is an Aaron Donald cheap shot dirty play that not only takes him out of the game, but most of next season as well. Bosa would not do that.

How dare you mention such a thing!!! You might cause it to happen by posting such a fear.  LOL  I  know someone else on here who has been excoriated for mentioning that.  I suspect there are many others  who are worried about that, whether they want to admit it or not.
Reply/Quote