Poll: Preferred playing the rams or 49ers?
Preferred playing the Rams
Preferred playing the 49ers
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you glad our opponent are the Rams and not the 49ers?
This team thrives on being an underdog and 2nd half team. The biggest threat would have been hearing hype all week about being the favorite and not getting up for the 49ers. They should be just as driven no matter who they play, but the playing down to your competition threat could have been there. I love being an underdog again, Burrow and Evan are heartless young soldiers about to perform surgery.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Prefer the Rams as I thought the 49ers were the better team. Wanted to play the 49ers cause I figured Burrow would have them
figured out early cause we played them before and also wanted to beat the 49ers in the SB after the last 2 losses. Kind of split.

The Rams have a better DL overall with Donald on it so that is a reason I guess I would of also liked the 49ers.

Still, that DB dropped the ball that could of put the 49ers here so it is the Rams and I think we can beat them as I think we 
would of beat the 49ers who I think are the better team. Who is here is who is here though, have to beat the Rams who are 
pretty damn equal but with a much better Offense. The big deal is Kittle, the Rams don't have a Kittle with Higbee hurt.

You are correct.  Forty Niners are better than the Rams. Most pundits that I saw were picking the Niners.  Were it not for an easy drop of a 4Q INT they would have seven straight victories over the Rams. Niners outscored the Rams by 21 points this season. I like playing a team that struggled mightily to beat a decimated Ravens team in the last week of the regular season.  Games with SF seldom go well for the Bengals.  
I like the Bengals' intangibles against the Rams.
Reply/Quote
To be honest, I didn't have a big preference one way or the other here.

The Rams are more 'talented' than the 49ers. And are at home. So you'd think we'd have wanted SF.

But there's SF's history against us. I'd also argue that the 49ers have been playing harder in these playoffs than the Rams.

While I certainly think Stafford is better than Jimmy G, I'd also say Stafford is more susceptible to a mistake ridden game than SF would've allowed Jimmy G to be.

If the worst happens and we lose, then seeing a guy like Stafford win will at least be not awful to take. He seems a great guy and has suffered through a career in a similar fashion to how the Bengals have. Jalen Ramsey however....

The Niners felt a little bit like a team of destiny, and Deebo has been ridiculous recently. As I say I dont think the Rams have been quite as hot.

tl;dr, not really a lot in it tbh. I think if the Bengals play as they have been then whoever we played, it'll be a close game that we have a shot of winning in.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yea, but Kittle and deebo can hold their own.  It really comes down to qb play

No doubt but having a QB like Jimmy G that's good for throwing the ball into the hands of the opponent a couple times a game
is rather huge, too.
Reply/Quote
Considering we already lost to the 49ers at home…bring on LA!
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for the poetic justice of watching the Bengals beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. And I wish Sam Wyche could see it.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I was hoping for the poetic justice of watching the Bengals beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. And I wish Sam Wyche could see it.

I wish Bill Walsh could of seen it. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:46 AM)Science Friction Wrote: You are correct.  Forty Niners are better than the Rams. Most pundits that I saw were picking the Niners.  Were it not for an easy drop of a 4Q INT they would have seven straight victories over the Rams. Niners outscored the Rams by 21 points this season. I like playing a team that struggled mightily to beat a decimated Ravens team in the last week of the regular season.  Games with SF seldom go well for the Bengals.  
I like the Bengals' intangibles against the Rams.

Thinking once again we might of got a break to hopefully pull this entire thing off. Pretty crazy, if we can get the Lombardi in 
Burrow's 2nd season with a young squad and a young HC with a pretty young coaching staff...

Wild, cause the window for more is wide open for many years for many more Lombardi's as long as we aren't decimated by 
injuries. We have been very blessed in this department this season and in the Playoffs even if we have lost our fair share of 
players, the next man up has stepped in and played well which also goes to coaching.

(02-11-2022, 08:18 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: To be honest, I didn't have a big preference one way or the other here.

The Rams are more 'talented' than the 49ers. And are at home. So you'd think we'd have wanted SF.

But there's SF's history against us. I'd also argue that the 49ers have been playing harder in these playoffs than the Rams.

While I certainly think Stafford is better than Jimmy G, I'd also say Stafford is more susceptible to a mistake ridden game than SF would've allowed Jimmy G to be.

If the worst happens and we lose, then seeing a guy like Stafford win will at least be not awful to take. He seems a great guy and has suffered through a career in a similar fashion to how the Bengals have. Jalen Ramsey however....

The Niners felt a little bit like a team of destiny, and Deebo has been ridiculous recently. As I say I dont think the Rams have been quite as hot.

tl;dr, not really a lot in it tbh. I think if the Bengals play as they have been then whoever we played, it'll be a close game that we have a shot of winning in.

Yeah, a Rams win wouldn't sting as much as if the 49ers beat us again in the Superbowl, this is true.

I just think we would of beat them this time. Went to OT the last time we played and I think we are a better team now.

But the 49ers also are a better team so who knows what would of happened. Oh well, we are here and they are not.

Lets beat the Rams. Mellow
Reply/Quote