Poll: Are you glad this season happened?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you glad this Season happened if so why?
(11-13-2020, 07:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes- we get to watch Joe Burrow look like he will be the best QB in the league in no time.

Patrick Mahomes is on line one and would like a word with you.....

Burrow looks good, and has a ton of upside, but can we hold off on comparing him to guys with Super Bowl rings and such till he finishes a full season?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 04:54 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: yes I am glad
The season of football Happened.
Because it made
Sundays a game day again

I'll be responding in poorly written Haikus for a while. Heads up.

Dude. Impactplaya already has that angle covered. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude. Impactplaya already has that angle covered. 

Thank you, enough of that style. I get along with Impactplaya but don't need to see more of it.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 08:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Patrick Mahomes is on line one and would like a word with you.....

Burrow looks good, and has a ton of upside, but can we hold off on comparing him to guys with Super Bowl rings and such till he finishes a full season?

“Look like he will be the best qb in the league in no time”. Meaning if he continues to develop at this rate he could be. Never said he was. Actually clearly said he wasn’t but that he could get there. Maybe Patrick Mahomes should focus on playing football and not on someone suggesting a young qb could someday be better than him
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 10:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: “Look like he will be the best qb in the league in no time”. Meaning if he continues to develop at this rate he could be. Never said he was. Actually clearly said he wasn’t but that he could get there. Maybe Patrick Mahomes should focus on playing football and not on someone suggesting a young qb could someday be better than him

From what I have seen of Burrow so far he could end up being that good.

Thought Burrow might be a better pocket passer than Mahomes if he continued to play like he did at LSU but Burrow has impressed
throwing on the run too like Mahomes does too. Special player, but I understand Murdock's cautious thoughts.
Reply/Quote
Why would I not want football? Confused

Yeah the record isn't good, but progress is being made. Burrow is a stud. Young players are progressing. We're finding out who is washed up, and as Fred pointed out...we're getting closer to dumping some of the terrible coaches we have.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 07:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There is no magic spell
Cast on me or on thee.
Haiku is German.

WhoDey2 Love it!!!    Hilarious Hilarious
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Yes we've got to see the future of Cincinnati football, I'm very excited.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 01:36 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Are you glad the season happened with the circumstances? Would the Bengals been better off not playing this season?

Yes, absolutely!

Why? Because living life is better than being a bunch of ***** afraid of a virus.

Would the Bengals be better off not playing?

No, with any doubts at all!

Why? Many reasons.

Burrow is getting experience and he's growing.

Same for Higgins. Same for all the younger players. Tate is progressing.

Front office has figured out that this coaching staff cannot be trusted to select OL men and they've already begun bringing in upgrades off the street. We'll have a better OL - finally. Would not if it were left up to this coaching staff.

Ross will now be gone for sure. If we hadn't played, he'd still be here next year and I'd have to listen to more whiney ass excuses next season.

The bad part of playing this year is that Taylor is given another ready made excuse for sucking ass. The guy needs to be gone.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 04:48 PM)3wt Wrote: This.  Despite losing I have enjoyed this year more than any since 2015.   There's a lot of promise, the newer players are emerging, we had a bumper year of draft pics and I have really enjoyed the play calling the last 2 weeks.

I actually have hope.

Same for me as well. This is the first year since 2015 that their games have been appointment television. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, because, like everything else, it looks like things are improving for the most part.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Definitely glad...with the shitshow that 2020 was, its nice to get some football in. And burrow getting some much needed experience
Reply/Quote
We've had some positives. Burrow is great. We had two lines with backups look pretty good. We've seen some growth with guys like higgins.

I didn't think last season was going to be good. I didn't see this one being a ton better. But it looks like we're going in the right direction. A couple defenders and maybe a play maker on offense, we set.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude. Impactplaya already has that angle covered. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not to high on it right at the moment lol.. It is what is. Same old Bengals. The Bengals are perfect for miserable people. It's the only reasonable explanation I have.
Reply/Quote
Eh...misread the question. I'm happy they played football. Not so thrilled with it being typical Bengal football.
Reply/Quote
How about now? When I wrote this post I thought if Joe does get hurt this is when we will say yes, wish it did not happen.
Reply/Quote