Poll: Are you happy being a Bengals fan?
This poll is closed.
Yes
45.45%
25 45.45%
No
54.55%
30 54.55%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Are you happy being a Bengals fan?
Straight forward question. No moralizing, conditional judgements, rationalizing, or "yes, butt.." answers. Yes or no. It's a poll after all. And no judgements about others responses.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 02:15 PM)Burma Wrote: Straight forward question. No moralizing, conditional judgements, rationalizing, or "yes, butt.." answers. Yes or no.  It's a poll after all.  And no judgements about others responses.

NO and I wish I could quit.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: NO and I wish I could quit.

The lament of hopeless addicts everywhere.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's a curse
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm happy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Its a family tradition and family makes me happy.

Albeit it comes with the whole gamut of emotions, yet they prepare you for anything the world can throw at you.

Like family will always love the Bengals. Although sometimes i just do not like them.

Oops, think I broke some OP rules.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Now ask me if I am happy with Mike Brown

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I am happy being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: NO and I wish I could quit.

Sounds like you already have. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sounds like you already have. 

Sounds like a judgment.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No. But I'm still a fan.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a straight forward question. I'm just not sure how to answer. Do I harbor some anger or resentment toward the organization? Not particularly. Would I like to see them operate a little differently? I suppose I would. Is there anything I can do about it? Nope.

On game days, I'll yell at the TV. I'll cuss, laugh, and shake my head. When they win, it's cool for about 10 minutes. If they lose, I'm disappointed for about the same amount of time. Then I go do something else, and that's that.

I guess what I'm saying is... I care about the team. I want to like the players. I want to see them succeed... But at the end of the day; they have no real power over my state of mind or whatever. I certainly don't get worked up about the day to day goings on of the organization. Unless they pay your bills, it's only entertainment people. In summation... It's ok to be happy about being a Bengals fan. It should never make you sad or angry.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds like a judgment.

More like an observation based upon the evidence of his statement.
Reply/Quote
In another thread, someone said we as fans deserve better. We deserve a ring. We all know that we don't get rings. Only members of the organization receive them. I'll also tell ya. In the last 30 years my baseball team has won the World Series. The university I attended has 2 national championships, and my NBA team won the finals... I still had to go to work or school the next day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's a distraction from real life problems and I know people now that I would not have known without the Bengals so yes I am happy that the Bengals are in my life. Do I wish they could be better yes, do I think they have had a terrible offseason yes, and am I also disappointed in them yes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Okay sorry but this is a long one! How in the hell can anyone be happy this is a team going in the wrong direction.

1) You draft Zeitler in the 1st round knowing you don't value guards and I don't know why you don't value guards when they can give up just as many sacks as an OT and to me there more important in the run game.

2) They had all their tags to keep these guys from FA and didn't use any of them if you're not going to use them then try to extend are good to great players a year before their contact is up

3) This is the 3rd or 4th time M Lewis has rebuilt the team we want new coaches!
Paul Alexander can't get it done anymore he thinks Bodine is a good center when he is ranked as one of the worst centers in the NFL for years now.
Lewis can't coach worth a dam in big games and can't get his players up for these games also he never makes in game or halftime​ adjustments.

4) Quit paying big money for players that aren't that good like R Mauluga one of the worst MLB in the NFL! Peko has been grossly over paid for his talent !

5) I was just going through​ the roster so I wouldn't misspell anyone's name and I noticed something I don't know the majority of them or haven't seen them on the field check this out

B. Albright
B. Benwikere
A. Billings haven't seen him play
C. Brown (WR)
C. Brown (CB)
J. Brown (K)
R. Brown (DE)
T. Carson
W. Clarke rarely seen him
P. Dawson
D. Dean
J. Driskel
C. Fejedelem
M. Flowers
M. Hardison
T. Hopkins
W. Jackson haven't seen him play
T. Johnson
J. Kumerow
T. McRae
C. Ogbuehi wish I wouldn't have seen him play
A. Redmond
A. Russell
C. Westerman
D. Williams

Is it just me or anyone else wondering where all our talent went!

I could go on but this is getting to be​ a book!!! Sorry again!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:16 PM)J24 Wrote: It's a distraction from real life problems and I know people now that I would not have known without the Bengals so yes I am happy that the Bengals are in my life. Do I wish they could be better yes, do I think they have had a terrible offseason yes, and am I also disappointed in them yes.

Agreed.  It can piss you off at times, and lead you to rant on here (as I did today) or to anyone who'll listen, but at the end of the day, it's all just a lark.  No one will stand over any of our graves, shaking their heads and muttering sadly,  'Damn, if he'd just been a Steelers fan his life would've meant something.' 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No...moving on...they've actually made me apathetic towards the NFL and football now! LOL
Reply/Quote
I'm not at all happy with how the team is being run.
Reply/Quote
Well the nfl is my favorite sport. I love fantasy football. I've rooted for the bengals my whole life. I will always root for them on the field. It is like an addiction that's hard to stop.

But ebenezer takes the joy out of it. How he can be so obtuse all these years is beyond me. I have as many playoff wins as he does. And yes, I think I would have more than him if I was in his position.

I am a fan but increasingly less happy about it. And if more people are feeling this way he should be concerned about it. Apathy in a fan base is not good for a pro franchise.
Reply/Quote