Poll: Have you lost your Fandom?
Yes
No
Getting There
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you losing your Fandom?
Are you losing your Fandom? The Cincinnati Bengals have not produced anything on the field worth celebrating for many years. Are you starting to lose your luster for the Bengals? For example, sitting and watching the game with Family or Friends, the Memories you had watching the Bengals and being a HUGE FAN anticipating the next Sunday? Have you now crossed over to it is a game and the team no longer really contributes much to Family gatherings or gets you excited about the next Sunday?

In the 70's 80' 90's there seemed to be hope, but after producing the same product for the last 52 years have you lost your excitement for the Team? If so at what age did you start pushing the team aside?

Is it just a game?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:30 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Are you losing your Fandom?  The Cincinnati Bengals have not produced anything on the field worth celebrating for many years.  Are you starting to lose your luster for the Bengals?  For example, sitting and watching the game with Family or Friends, the Memories you had watching the Bengals and being a HUGE FAN anticipating the next Sunday?  Have you now crossed over to it is a game and the team no longer really contributes much to Family gatherings or gets you excited about the next Sunday?

In the 70's 80' 90's there seemed to be hope, but after producing the same product for the last 52 years have you lost your excitement for the Team?  If so at what age did you start pushing the team aside?  

Is it just a game?

Nope, not in the least. When the game ends on Sunday, I am already looking forward to the next week. If you're not, you might as well move on.
Reply/Quote
It's just a game and the Bengals winning or losing does not affect my life at all and still provides entertainment. I will be a fan for life. Doesn't mean I'm spending any money on the team though. There are a couple of words for fans that only follow a team if its winning.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:30 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Are you losing your Fandom?  The Cincinnati Bengals have not produced anything on the field worth celebrating for many years.  Are you starting to lose your luster for the Bengals?  For example, sitting and watching the game with Family or Friends, the Memories you had watching the Bengals and being a HUGE FAN anticipating the next Sunday?  Have you now crossed over to it is a game and the team no longer really contributes much to Family gatherings or gets you excited about the next Sunday?

In the 70's 80' 90's there seemed to be hope, but after producing the same product for the last 52 years have you lost your excitement for the Team?  If so at what age did you start pushing the team aside?  

Is it just a game?

If I remained a die hard fan after the 90s, I'm certainly not going to quit now after only a few losing seasons. I ain't no Steeler fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If January 9th 2016 didn’t break me, nothing will.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nah, but I get more of a cynical sort of chuckle out of this stuff than most.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If January 9th 2016 didn’t break me, nothing will.

I don't know, I think this guy could:
[Image: dolphlundgren1-1068x601.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nope, but Joe Burrow helps. If not for him I’d probably be getting there. Knew this year wasn’t going to be good but didn’t expect him to look as good as he has already behind this line. The future could be bright. It could also be Mike Brown’d. We shall see. I am choosing to be optimistic that we will improve this offseason on both lines and be competitive next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know, I think this guy could:

Couldn’t break Rocky.
Reply/Quote

As fair-weather and mentally week as many of our posters seem to be so could this guy.

[Image: 48963aeaaf9fa724a81954a8db36eae9.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 12:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Couldn’t break Rocky.

That's 'cause Rocky is 'Murican. Nicomo on the other hand ... ... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I see my Fandom as being on a continuum with "super involved and motivated to watch" on one end and "Pretty apathetic" on the other.

Right now I'm leaning hard "apathetic". I'll put the game on if it's on TV where I live, but it's usually background noise as I play with my kid or do work around the house. I missed the Ravens game as it was my wife's birthday and really didn't miss it much. Or miss much of anything.

Burrow has certainly moved the ticker though. The kid really has something.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If January 9th 2016 didn’t break me, nothing will.

Aint this the truth? I was actually depressed for like 3-4 days. 

Mt fandom cannot be shaken for this team. However, my support for certain players can be destroyed pretty damn quick.

Reply/Quote
I lived through the nineties and never missed a game. I even spent part of those years in Bozeman, Montana and went to a sports bar called Spectators every Sunday they played. The people that ran the place couldn't believe a Bengals fan could be so loyal to such a terrible team. They even put my name up behind the bar, Bengal's Dave, and if I was late they'd put a reserved sign with Bengal's Dave on a table for me. I remember watching us playing the Rams that year and the loser would be the first NFL team to lose 100 games that decade. The Rams won and eventually went on to the Super Bowl.

These days I DVR the game and spend the daylight hours with my family. I typically watch it at night but I have found myself thinking about turning it off and going to sleep when they look so bad. I'm still a big fan, just not like I used to be.
Reply/Quote
Shit....If I haven't lost it by now...
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say I'm losing it or that I have lost it. I think it has just changed.

Part of the change is getting older and different priorities and the other part is just... same shit different day/season Bengals.

I don't go to games like I used to, and certainly don't have the team gear I used to have. Still watch the games, but usually from the comfort of home with Redzone on the ready.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

If his fandom dies, it dies.

Reply/Quote
I believe the hard times will only make the eventual success worth it even more. Imagine how Cubs fans felt after they finally won the World Series, waiting an entire century for it to happen.

When we are successful, there will be band wagoners and we’ll be able to laugh at them and question where they were back when we were total shit. I hold high value in loyalty which is why I’ll be here through thick and thin.

I will say, the good years I’ll watch every game. In the bad years, when a guy like Finley is starting, I’ll watch on my phone while doing something else.
Reply/Quote

Consider this

Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip
That brought me to my knees
Failed
Reply/Quote
I spent the 1990's as a fan of the Bengals and the Denver Nuggets.

I'm F*cking bulletproof.
Reply/Quote