Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you "privileged" ?
(03-21-2016, 01:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Agreed.  When healthy, straight, white males in the United States start crying about how they are victims of oppression we have jumped the shark.

Yes......When closeted, black lesbians think they are paid less because of their lifestyle it becomes a generation of excuses.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-21-2016, 12:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but I still don't know what you mean by "pro-white".

Please give me an example from another source so I can find one like it on Buzzfeed.  

Or maybe since YOU were the one who claimed Buzzfeed had a bunch of "white shaming" articles you could post one of them.  Because I looked and I did not see any.  This seems to be pretty strong evidence that you suffer from delusions of persecution.

Not asking too much to ask you to post something to back up your opinion is it?  Hope that is not too difficult for you.

Here you go:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/taniasafi/response-to-white#.sto0BE9Xk

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dayshavedewi/24-questions-black-people-have-for-white-people#.lvzNJjlBX

Here is an anti white video from white people (though I have some suspicions about these people):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1PviSrWYqw

And this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RSPRI2R3nY

I have 4 videos and could even have posted more. 

Continue looking foolish Fred.
(03-20-2016, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man oh man, how did I know you'd be one of the least "privileged" people on this board?  

You telling me that you have never been called a fairy?

You have never been called a "***"?

You have never been catcalled?

You have never done your taxes yourself?

You never had a roommate?

You travel internationally once a year?  (I mean, I have traveled, but I don't travel internationally once a year)

I mean, I could go on.  The point is the same.  These questions will have a lot of non privileged and under privileged people.
(03-21-2016, 01:43 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You telling me that you have never been called a fairy?

You have never been called a "***"?

You have never been catcalled?

You have never done your taxes yourself?

You never had a roommate?

You travel internationally once a year?  (I mean, I have traveled, but I don't travel internationally once a year)

I mean, I could go on.  The point is the same.  These questions will have a lot of non privileged and under privileged people.

According to this test I am pretty disadvantaged.  According to this test I would assume practically everyone is disadvantaged. Should I really let the fact that some high school idiot called me a fairy 20 years ago make me perceive that I'm disadvantaged now?  Is that really comparable to people who are able to be legally fired because of their sexual orientation?

Again, here we are, a bunch of white guys and we're all completely disadvantaged and pitiful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2016, 08:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Are you "privileged" ?

Im a Bengals which equates to anything but privileged!
(03-21-2016, 01:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Agreed.  When healthy, straight, white males in the United States start crying about how they are victims of oppression we have jumped the shark.

[Image: henry-winkler.jpg]
28/100 - not priveledged
(03-21-2016, 04:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: henry-winkler.jpg]

Well done !
Clapping
I tend to agree with Sovereign, to a certain point, that this test does have a lot of biases, assumptions and language that can be interpreted in different ways that leads to a certain agenda. It is what it is. I take the results with a grain of salt.

The question of privilege is worth discussing, however. In that light, the use of the test here has provoked some good discussion of the topic. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I got a 78 (You're the Most Privileged). So, either I'm taking the test incorrectly, or I've had the easiest life anyone has ever lived.... Ninja
(03-22-2016, 10:18 AM)Donnyho Wrote: I got a 78 (You're the Most Privileged). So, either I'm taking the test incorrectly, or I've had the easiest life anyone has ever lived.... Ninja

Or...you have thick skin and haven't sat around in tears for ten years  because someone called you a name.
(03-22-2016, 11:12 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Or...you have thick skin and haven't sat around in tears for ten years  because someone called you a name.

Like "priveledged"? Life isn't fair...get over it.
(03-22-2016, 12:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: Like "priveledged"? Life isn't fair...get over it.

I think I'm missing your context.

Unless you were agreeing with me ?

I think I'm going with that.
(03-19-2016, 08:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Are you "privileged" ?
Take the test to find out.
I scored 23/100.
Apparently I am not "privileged", at all.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you#.yhv2moL33

Dont need to take a test to know im not privileged...

Ive worked for everything i have.
(03-22-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dont need to take a test to know im not privileged...

Same here. 
I spent a considerable chunk of my childhood living in a house with a dirt basement, tin roof, coal furnace, and no indoor plumbing.
Now I live in one of the nicest areas of my city.
I've more than paid my dues.

That being said, I posted the "quiz" to further discussion on the perception of privilege.

I believe there is some for every sub-section of humanity, but the quiz is a bit anal (totally not a stereotypical swipe at homosexuals and their OCD attention to detail).
(03-22-2016, 02:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Same here. 

I spent a considerable chunk of my childhood living in a house with a dirt basement, tin roof, coal furnace, and no indoor plumbing.
Now I live in one of the nicest areas of my city.
I've more than paid my dues.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-22-2016, 02:58 PM)GMDino Wrote:

I suppose we were lucky to have a large family.
At least one of us could enjoy a bit of shelter, while the others pretended to be walls and a roof.
Ninja

Wub you, you magnificent bastard.
(03-22-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dont need to take a test to know im not privileged...

I know lots of privileged peole who say the exact same thing.  Just because you work for what you have does not mean you were not privileged. 

Were you raised in an orphanage?

Were you raised by drug addicts?

Were you physically handicapped?

But it even goes deeper than that.  I know a lot of people who work hard and deserve everything they have, but they were raised in stable homes, went to good schools, and got jobs through people that they knew and were never shunned because of their race or sexuality.  
(03-21-2016, 11:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: 28/100 - not priveledged

What was the name of that neighborhood where you were raised again?
Question #5.

I have been told countless times that I am a good-looking white man. According to the quiz ugly dudes like Fred are more privileged than I. I always knew my beauty was a curse.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]