Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRS Goes Public
Okay, so it's already "public" because it is a public agency, but still.

In case anyone doesn't know, the Congressional Research Service is a part of the Library of Congress that conducts research and provides policy analysis and recommendations to Congress. For a long time, these reports have only been available to members of Congress and there have been efforts to make them public. I use a couple of different sites that get fed some of the reports by staffers and make them available. If you are as wonky as me, you can spend a long time digging into this. I currently have three or four of them in my research stack for a project.

Anyway, a part of the omnibus bill that most people don't know about is that there is a mandate that non-classified reports will now be made public. I am very excited. Just thought I would share.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Mrs Belsnikel must be a very special woman.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-28-2018, 05:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mrs Belsnikel must be a very special woman.

LOL She makes fun of me for this. But, she gets nerdy about literature and such, so she can't complain too much.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Good stuff. + for transparency in government
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]