Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Argument for and against Sewell.
(12-19-2020, 01:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably Max Unger.

Kyle Long in 2013 was probably the last high profile lineman to come out. He had three Pro Bowls and a 2nd team All-Pro.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 02:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares?

Who is last good QB to come out of Oregon? Hmmm.....looks like the guy who who 3X better at throwing deep balls than the guy grabbed by us at #1 overall. 

This I know, from the time I was 18 til the time I was 22, I gained 35 lbs of muscle and I am only 6' tall and use at home work out equipment. 

I find it hilarious for looking at a young Sewell going against juniors, seniors in college and thinking he has reached his peak. The potential because of his athleticism is off the charts, there are good OT prospects and few great OT prospects like AM. I am not saying he will be a hall of fame player, but it appears a lot of experts think it.

And you're still worthless and weak.  Now, drop and give me twenty!   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 11:53 AM)Synric Wrote: I know we differ on this but I hold that Slater is a guard. He will have not just sub 34 inch arms but they will be sub 33 inch like 32 3/4.

He might and it's a big might be able to hold a tackle position in the NFL but he will never be a great one. On the inside at Left Guard he has a lot better chance of being great.
Seriously? Arm length again. Tape shows he’s a tackle.
(12-20-2020, 02:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Geez.... so now we have progressed to comparing Sewell to a 5th round pick since he came out of Oregon. Makes no sense, no sense.

There is the LT that has started and played very well for the Steelers for a long time, he was a TE for Army, not an OL, a TE.

The thing I read on Huddle is Sewell is athletic enough to play TE, FB or anywhere on the DL. Thinks about the possibilities on the goal line. You line up 3 OT, one being Sewell eligible to catch a pass or crush (i read he is a great run blocker) a run block.

The idea of trading away our pick to pick up 2 or 3 extra players who likely are good, but never great football players sickens me if we can get an OT who is a stud by year #2 and getting paid a little more than Bobby Hart for 4 years.
Who says they won’t be great? We need an entire team rebuild not just 1 or 2 players. Give me 3 great players over 1 elite player.
Reply/Quote
There's now speculation that Sewell could go #2 to the Jets.
If that happens, I think they really have to do whatever in their power to trade back.
But if they can't, I would have to think they would go Chase or Surtain.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 10:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: There's now speculation that Sewell could go #2 to the Jets.
If that happens, I think they really have to do whatever in their power to trade back.
But if they can't, I would have to think they would go Chase or Surtain.

If we being real give me Farley over surtain.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If we being real give me Farley over surtain.

Farley is fine too. I'd probably take either of them over any pass rusher in this draft class. Mican Parsons would be my next defensive player, but the Bengals don't put a huge importance on ILBs in their scheme. Parsons would (or should) give the Bengals an elite-level LB they haven't had since peak Burfict.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 07:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Farley is fine too. I'd probably take either of them over any pass rusher in this draft class. Mican Parsons would be my next defensive player, but the Bengals don't put a huge importance on ILBs in their scheme. Parsons would (or should) give the Bengals an elite-level LB they haven't had since peak Burfict.

Did u mean olb? Bc parsons is a olb/edge rusher. Prison is the one. Outside of that, I would love to trade back.... my most loved trade back scenario is getting Asante Samuel with the extra 2nd round pick
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Did u mean olb? Bc parsons is a olb/edge rusher. Prison is the one. Outside of that, I would love to trade back.... my most loved trade back scenario is getting Asante Samuel with the extra 2nd round pick

Micah Parsons is a stack linebacker not an edge rusher.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Micah Parsons is a stack linebacker not an edge rusher.

What? No literally every site lists him as olb/de. He’s gonna play both at next level.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Micah Parsons is a stack linebacker not an edge rusher.

He can probably do that but he can also play DE and rush and can cover. He’s got the skillset to be elite.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 09:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Did u mean olb? Bc parsons is a olb/edge rusher. Prison is the one. Outside of that, I would love to trade back.... my most loved trade back scenario is getting Asante Samuel with the extra 2nd round pick

From your favorite draft site (TDN)...

Quote:Ideal Role: Long-term starting MIKE Linebacker (Could benefit from playing stacked OLB early in career)
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/micah-parsons/fm74W3OByo

Also, Parsons plays off-ball LB for Penn St. He's not primarily a pass rusher.
http://ninetynineyards.com/2020/10/28/micah-parsons-scouting-report-everything-you-need-to-know/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Also, Parsons plays off-ball LB for Penn St. He's not primarily a pass rusher.
http://ninetynineyards.com/2020/10/28/micah-parsons-scouting-report-everything-you-need-to-know/

Penn State runs a 43 defense and their defensive ends in 2018 & 2019 were Yetur Gross-Motos and Shaka Toney. Micah Parsons played mostly MIKE and SAM with Cam Brown next to him.

Parsons is the best stack linebacker prospect since Trumaine Edwards.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Penn State runs a 43 defense and their defensive ends in 2018 & 2019 were Yetur Gross-Motos and Shaka Toney. Micah Parsons played mostly MIKE and SAM with Cam Brown next to him.

Parsons is the best stack linebacker prospect since Trumaine Edwards.

Yea that's what I thought.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just throwing this here to prove I’m not crazy, or atleast alone, it’s from long time scout Matt Miller.

3. Cincinnati Bengals: OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
This would be a nightmare scenario for the Bengals with Sewell off the board, but considering Slater a consolation prize would be a disservice to him and his game. In fact, multiple area scouts and scouting directors I've spoken to recently believe Slater is the best offensive tackle in the class.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just throwing this here to prove I’m not crazy, or atleast alone, it’s from long time scout Matt Miller.

This would be a nightmare scenario for the Bengals with Sewell off the board, but considering Slater a consolation prize would be a disservice to him and his game. In fact, multiple area scouts and scouting directors I've spoken to recently believe Slater is the best offensive tackle in the class.

There was the Daniel Jeremiah ranking last month, too.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was the Daniel Jeremiah ranking last month, too. Still think it’s a bit of recency bias, but there’s definitely people that put him right there.

He opted out, there is nothing more recent there than Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: He opted out, there is nothing more recent there than Sewell.

Ah my mistake.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just throwing this here to prove I’m not crazy, or atleast alone, it’s from long time scout Matt Miller.

Isn't Slater projected as a guard? If so that maybe a better pick for us then Sewell  especially if we move down and draft him similar to the Colts with Nelson in 2018.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 07:22 PM)J24 Wrote: Isn't Slater projected as a guard? If so that maybe a better pick for us then Sewell  especially if we move down and draft him similar to the Colts with Nelson in 2018.

No, some people caught up in archaic arm measurements are trying to sell that idea.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 08:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, some people caught up in archaic arm measurements are trying to sell that idea.

I've seen that projection more due to his struggles with vertical sets, hip stiffness, and the fact that he plays a lot better going forward than backwards than arm length.
Reply/Quote