Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona Cardinals sign Gresham
Very interesting.
CP and Gresham back together again.
Gresham just made Arizona better in both the Receiving game and the Running game.

I see Gresham's floor at about 50 catches, 700 yards and 5 tds.

GB's interest was most likely his blocking ability and JG doesn't need to show off that ability anymore, he just needs to prove that he can catch and run and score.

Who made the Bet on the other board that JG's team would be in the playoffs?
Lovnit and Shake?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Very interesting.
Gresham just made Arizona better in both the Receiving game and the Running game.

GB's interest was most likely his blocking ability and JG doesn't need to show off that ability anymore, he just needs to prove that he can catch and run and score.

Lovnit and Shake?

I don't think Gresham is going to post great numbers there, but he will be better than the other Cardinals TEs by a decent margin.  I'll go more like 400 yards and 3 or 4 TDs mostly because the lack of TE production in Arians' seems to be talent-based and not schematic.  Palmer tossed TDs (and tipped INTs and dropped TDs) to the likes of Jim Dray, Rob Houseler, and John Carlson so he can get a few to Gresham.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Very interesting.

Lovnit and Shake?

I said that Gresh wouldn't sign with a winning team I believe. I'll own up to it, but CP probably influenced this signing and the Cards have an incredibly weak TE group.

So the signing makes sense.

50-700-5 is probably closer to Gresh's ceiling than his floor though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Glad he signed. Good luck to him in Arizona.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Glad he signed. Good luck to him in Arizona.

Good to see a key point of our team had interest from some decent (and some so-so) teams.  I'm not one of those people who gets smug when one of our starters tests the market and gets laughed out of the league...it makes me feel a bit ashamed, actually.
Reply/Quote
Ariens is likely to use him to block a lot, but who knows. .he might take advantage of the fact both Gresh and CP are physically tall men, taller than average. Either way I wish him much success in the desert.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm still trying to figure out why people say Arians scheme doesn't use a tight end? He was in Pitt as the OC from 2007 to 2011, and during that time had Heath Miller who posted very solid numbers...as much as I hate that bum...as do most Bengal fans. 2009 - 76 catches, 789 yards, 6 TDs, targeted 98 times.

After Pitt he went to Indy and had nothing at all for talent except for Colby Fleener who they had just taken in the 2nd round that very year.

Then on to Arizona where until now, that position has been a wasteland.

The scheme isn't the issue, he just needs the right guy physically, and he might have just found him in Gresh.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 02:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why people say Arians scheme doesn't use a tight end? He was in Pitt as the OC from 2007 to 2011, and during that time had Heath Miller who posted very solid numbers...as much as I hate that bum...as do most Bengal fans. 2009 - 76 catches, 789 yards, 6 TDs, targeted 98 times.

After Pitt he went to Indy and had nothing at all for talent except for Colby Fleener who they had just taken in the 2nd round that very year.

Then on to Arizona where until now, that position has been a wasteland.

The scheme isn't the issue, he just needs the right guy physically, and he might have just found him in Gresh.

I wondered that myself.  He has Miller and Fleener catching passes and then he gets a slew of nobodies in AZ that can't catch a cold and the conclusion people draw is that Arians just never ever uses TEs.  Of course, this is during a time when they sign a TE with more TDs in his worst season than the Cardinal's TEs catch in some 4+ years.

Gresh won't explode there, but he'll haul in a handful of TDs and that's an improvement for AZ, right?
Reply/Quote