Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona Cardinals sign Gresham
Good luck to Gresh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Palmer and Gresh reuniting I could see him having a breakout year. I clenched my teeth everytime he was involved in plays here but in reality I don't think he was ever used correctly and mentally he made a lot of bonehead plays but no question when healthy he has talent
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Similar to Dalton, Gresh was just a lightning rod. Some were way too critical of him, but he also has some really big fans on here that think too highly of him and ignore his flaws. As always, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm one of those who's a bit conflicted about Gresham's departure. He's a very good run blocking TE, he's fast and has been our best TE for 5 years. But he never lived up to his draft position and his hands were just so-so.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 08:53 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I agree.  I still think most of his problems are in his head.

Me too...  He only has one physical problem.  He's not very good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Gresham has more TDs in his worst season than the Cardinal's top TE's have in 5 years so the move was a no-brainer. Whether or not the Bengals will miss the guy has yet to be seen.
Reply/Quote
I wish Gresham good luck in Arizona. He was a decent TE for us that could have been great, but it just didn't work out. Between the coaches not using him effectively and his own mistakes, he just didn't pan out for us. Like others have said, maybe a change of scenery will be good for him as he does have the talent to be really good.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I, like most I think, wish Gresh the best, as a man. He certainly wasn't as bad as some of us (me included) made him out to be.

Having said that, I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm somewhat relieved he is someone else's headache now.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 10:32 AM)YoungThundercat Wrote: I, like most I think, wish Gresh the best, as a man. He certainly wasn't as bad as some of us (me included) made him out to be.

Having said that, I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm somewhat relieved he is someone else's headache now.

It may be my suspicious nature, but sometimes I suspected that some of his false starts were on purpose.  He seemed  like a disgruntled employee.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 10:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It may be my suspicious nature, but sometimes I suspected that some of his false starts were on purpose.  He seemed  like a disgruntled employee.

It doesn't seem like a stretch to think he was never very happy with this role here.  He had to be looking around the league at what some other TE's were doing and thinking that should have been him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 11:00 AM)McC Wrote: It doesn't seem like a stretch to think he was never very happy with this role here.  He had to be looking around the league at what some other TE's were doing and thinking that should have been him.

And if the Cardinals can get better play out of him by using him differently, then he might have had a point.  We will see.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 12:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Gresham has more TDs in his worst season than the Cardinal's top TE's have in 5 years so the move was a no-brainer.  Whether or not the Bengals will miss the guy has yet to be seen.

Gresh is definitely better than what the Cardinals had, which was possibly the worst TE group in the NFL. I think Eifert will be fine, however I have a feeling that some Gresh fans may be a little hard for him to please.

(07-26-2015, 11:00 AM)McC Wrote: It doesn't seem like a stretch to think he was never very happy with this role here.  He had to be looking around the league at what some other TE's were doing and thinking that should have been him.

He doesn't have the necessary talent to be them. Gresh will never have 1000 yard seasons with double-digit TE's. That doesn't make him a bad TE, but if he was jealous of the situations of other TE's, he shouldn't be. 

(07-26-2015, 11:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And if the Cardinals can get better play out of him by using him differently, then he might have had a point.  We will see.

Just a guess, but I bet the Cardinals will also fail to use him "properly".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 11:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And if the Cardinals can get better play out of him by using him differently, then he might have had a point.  We will see.

I don't think the Cardinals are going to get more out of him than we did, but I think if they get his worst season's worth of production it means their TEs just became WAY more productive.  The Cardinals had awful TEs and their best one (or least awful one) unexpectedly retired on them so this is a no-brainer on a few levels for them.  If Gresham snags 2 TDs he's already the best TE they've had in a while.

Plus, I'm not sure I see it as being Gresham vs. Eifert (unless Gresham said he wanted out if he wasn't going to be TE #1) so much as Gresham vs. Korfts because we wanted to have Gresham and Eifert out there together in 2014 did we not? Why not have both?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 11:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gresh is definitely better than what the Cardinals had, which was possibly the worst TE group in the NFL. I think Eifert will be fine, however I have a feeling that some Gresh fans may be a little hard for him to please.

He doesn't have the necessary talent to be them. Gresh will never have 1000 yard seasons with double-digit TE's. That doesn't make him a bad TE, but if he was jealous of the situations of other TE's, he shouldn't be. 

Just a guess, but I bet the Cardinals will also fail to use him "properly".

While I think Gresh's talent level is debatable, what I was talking about was how he sees it.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Goodbye butterfingers
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Eifert says he is 100 % back from his injury. ....The coaches said this also in Spring practice.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Little relieved. I was afraid if he was still on the market a week or two into camp, we might try to bring him back in on a one year cheap deal. I think he was about average as a Te. Best of luck to him.
Reply/Quote
Gresham going to the Cards surprises me because Arians doesn't use his TEs much in the passing game. He had a meeting with Green Bay scheduled I figured he would go there to get more touches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Gresham going to the Cards surprises me because Arians doesn't use his TEs much in the passing game. He had a meeting with Green Bay scheduled I figured he would go there to get more touches.

First we need to remember that the Cardinals lost their top 2 TEs this offseason, one to free agency and one to a surprise retirement (he was 30 and it was a bit out of the blue I think) so whether they have a set plan for Gresham or not is secondary to getting a TE who has actually played a snap in there at all.

Plus, I've seen the Cardinals try to use the TEs in the red zone under Arians and the results were less than sexy.
Reply/Quote

I think it will be interesting to watch what happens when he runs the wrong route and gets Palmer picked off...hopefully a pick 6. 
Reply/Quote