Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armed Citizen Opens Fire On Home Depot Shoplifter
(10-07-2015, 11:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You mean like safe sex and birth control?

The problem is, and really the same thing could be said about gun control, is we have too many idiot adults that won't/can't teach it to their kids.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-07-2015, 11:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You mean like safe sex and birth control?

(10-08-2015, 07:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem is, and really the same thing could be said about gun control, is we have too many idiot adults that won't/can't teach it to their kids.

And not everyone has a gun.  Everyone can have sex.

Next question....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Woman driver plows through a storefront....... It's because she's a woman, not because she's car nut.

Woman concealed carrier tries shooting down a moving vehicle in a parking lot...... Gun nut.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-08-2015, 08:30 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Woman driver plows through a storefront....... It's because she's a woman, not because she's car nut.

Woman concealed carrier tries shooting down a moving vehicle in a parking lot...... Gun nut.

Was she driving through it to play vigilante?  Smirk

Anyway:

Woman driver plows through a storefront......she should have her licence taken away.

Woman concealed carrier tries shooting down a moving vehicle in a parking lot......well, you figure it out.

Will it keep her from diving or shooting anyone?  Probably not.

So do we say and do nothing?  We probably will...
(10-08-2015, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Woman concealed carrier tries shooting down a moving vehicle in a parking lot......well, you figure it out.

She was shooting at the patriarchy and rape culture. She's the victim. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-08-2015, 07:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem is, and really the same thing could be said about gun control, is we have too many idiot adults that won't/can't teach it to their kids.

You mean gun safety?

The idea of inner city single mothers teaching gun safety it to their hoodlum kids just doesn't sit right. 
(10-08-2015, 09:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: You mean gun safety?

The idea of inner city single mothers teaching gun safety it to their hoodlum kids just doesn't sit right. 

Why?
(10-08-2015, 09:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: You mean gun safety?

That I do. That post was pre-coffee.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-07-2015, 01:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But clearly taking guns away from only law abiding citizens is the solution.  

(10-07-2015, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The lady who opened fire at Home Depot was not "law abiding".

I see how you took advantage of JustWin's "law abiding citizens"  and twisted it to fit your argument.

She was not law abiding in this case only because she was stupid and didn't know the law, not that she intended to do something wrong or commit a crime.
Yes, ignorance of the law is no excuse, but that doesn't change anything.
(10-08-2015, 10:20 AM)Blutarsky Wrote:  
I see how you took advantage of JustWin's "law abiding citizens"  and twisted it to fit your argument.

She was not law abiding in this case only because she was stupid and didn't know the law, not that she intended to do something wrong or commit a crime.

Wha?

Did she fire her gun by accident? Because I'm pretty sure taking out your gun and shooting someone is both something wrong and a crime here. 
(10-08-2015, 01:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wha?

Did she fire her gun by accident? Because I'm pretty sure taking out your gun and shooting someone is both something wrong and a crime here. 

That guy that randomly stabbed people to death didn't break the law, he didn't know that it was against the law to run around killing people. He was just stupid and didn't know the law, he didn't intend to commit a crime.

Such great logic, I don't know why more people don't use those arguments Rolleyes
(10-08-2015, 10:20 AM)Blutarsky Wrote:  

This is the most amazing thing of the whole situation.  We live in what is supposed to be a civilized, Christian country and yet people don't know if it is acceptable to purposefully kill someone who stole something from a store.  When it comes to the alarming stories about guns I'm less concerned with the mass shootings and more concerned with people who self-righteously shoot to kill at the drop of a hat.  

People getting shot for shoplifting, walking through people's yards, walking through their own yards but being shot by new neighbors who think they are trespassing, and so on and so forth.  A guy in Wisconsin opened fire within city limits with a high-powered rifle because there was a dog in his yard, people marching around wal mart with rifles strapped to their backs in mock defiance, and so on and so forth.

Between the NRA, politicians, and Hollywood's glamorization of guns going all the way back to the James Bond movies we have a culture of misinformation and what seems to be absolute zeal to shoot people in a "justified" manner.  It just seems like some people go out of their way to find an excuse to "defend themselves" and shoot someone.  

And guns just make it all so easy.

Someone shoots and kills a dog in his yard?  Meh, so what.
Someone grabs a hammer and smashes the dogs skull in until it is dead because it was in his yard?  Holy crap, this guy is nuts and went overboard!

Someone fatally shoots a shoplifter?  Meh, he shouldn't have been stealing.
Someone chases down a shoplifter and stabs him 47 times until he dies from his wounds?  Holy crap, I feel safer with the shoplifter!

Anyways, generic rant over. I thought the middle east was crazy for cutting people's hands off for stealing, but now we can punish stealing with instant death via firearm? Nice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-07-2015, 01:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I consider the rights of life and liberty to be a bit more complicated and necessary than the right to bear arms. But that is just me.

Agreed.  There's nothing complicated or unnecessary about someone who wants a gun for their protection.
(10-08-2015, 11:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Agreed.  There's nothing complicated or unnecessary about someone who wants a gun for their protection.

The complicated part is deciding what "protection" means.
(10-08-2015, 07:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: And not everyone has a gun.  Everyone can have sex.

Next question....

Everyone who can pass a background check can have a gun.  Maybe we should require the same to have sex...but that might lead to an incredibly shrinking pool of Democratic voters.
(10-08-2015, 11:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Everyone who can pass a background check can have a gun.  Maybe we should require the same to have sex...but that might lead to an incredibly shrinking pool of Democratic voters.

Can we not derail yet another discussion by delving into generic and unrelated insults about political parties again?
(10-08-2015, 11:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Everyone who can pass a background check can have a gun.  Maybe we should require the same to have sex...but that might lead to an incredibly shrinking pool of Democratic voters.

Don't need either of those things to have sex.

Next...
(10-08-2015, 11:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Everyone who can pass a background check can have a gun from a licensed dealer.  Maybe we should require the same to have sex...but that might lead to an incredibly shrinking pool of Democratic voters.

You can legally purchase a firearm without a background check in some places. Say someone is selling their AR-15 and puts an ad in the classifieds. I can buy it from him with no background check, no registration, nothing.

(10-09-2015, 07:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Don't need either of those things to have sex.

Next...

Oh, I have a pretty good idea that you would need a gun
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-09-2015, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I have a pretty good idea that you would need a gun

That explains more about your posts than any thing you have ever typed...