Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article - Says AD not main issue
(12-26-2019, 03:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fun fact about this, the previous lost decade began after a 3 win season that led to the team drafting a college QB that set a bunch of college records.

He was the first QB taken in the 1992 draft after setting the record for most passing yards in a game and TDs in a season. 

Boomer was the starting QB and taking all the heat for the team's issues even though Mike had taken over for his Dad and Wyche was gone, Shula brought in. 

Boomer went onto the Pro Bowl the year after the Bengals dealt him and eventually even returned to play for the team again in the middle of the lost decade with how poorly the team was doing with a 2nd 1st round pick QB named Akili Smith.

Just an awful lot of coincidences here, and I really hope this team looks at the one year wonder kid in Burrow very very carefully before wasting a pick.

And, at the center of it all is Mike Brown.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: All we heard from so called Bengals Board experts is fire ML as he is the issue in prior years.

Many of us said be careful what you wish for, the new guy could be worse.

Fast forward and the new guy so far is Dave Shula bad thus far making ML look like a HOF coach in comparison.

We heard fire him for press conferences and giggles and you name it. Have those learned yet hard to find great things (different) when you lose more games than you win.

I love our team and hope somehow or someway the FO figures out how to build a champion before I die, I am getting concerned as time is running out for me.

Just because the new guy is a dud thus far, doesn't mean it wasn't time for Marvin to go either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 04:08 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Why is it absolutely necessary? Mikey went through an entire decade with teams like this one. He does not find much 'necessary' other than keeping expenses at a minimum. 

I didn't say Mikey would do it, I've been watching since the early 80s. I'm well aware of Son of Paul's M.O. What I DID say was that it's absolutely necessary to turn this around....in short order.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Just because the new guy is a dud thus far, doesn't mean it wasn't time for Marvin to go either.

Except for the 2019 draft players this is Marvin's team . Funny how people long for Marvin's eighteen year mediocrity while refusing to let Zac have a chance to build a team. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Except for the 2019 draft players this is Marvin's team . Funny how people long for Marvin's eighteen year mediocrity while refusing to let Zac have a chance to build a team. 

Well if Drew Sample and Ryan Finley are examples of how Taylor is going to build this team (not to mention his coaching staff) we’re probably doomed...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Except for the 2019 draft players this is Marvin's team . Funny how people long for Marvin's eighteen year mediocrity while refusing to let Zac have a chance to build a team. 

Because most don't have a lot of problems with the players Marvin had.

Linebackers and some O-Linemen being the exception.

The majority of his tenure he had the players to put him in position to win.

Marvin was mostly slammed for his in-game coaching decisions.

It's quite obvious that Mike and Paul Alexander were influencing some of the picks as of late which were flops.

Zac on the other hand hasn't shown us anything from all aspects of being a HC.

Why in the world would you let a guy that has coached like he has this season to continue on let alone give him time to build a team? Bang Head

That is the leeway you give for proven coaches in the league.  Not a clueless boy wonder. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:37 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Because most don't have a lot of problems with the players Marvin had.

Linebackers and some O-Linemen being the exception.

The majority of his tenure he had the players to put him in position to win.

Marvin was mostly slammed for his in-game coaching decisions.

It's quite obvious that Mike and Paul Alexander were influencing some of the picks as of late which were flops.

Zac on the other hand hasn't shown us anything from all aspects of being a HC.

Why in the world would you let a guy that has coached like he has this season to continue on let alone give him time to build a team? Bang Head

That is the leeway you give for proven coaches in the league.  Not a clueless boy wonder. 
Yeah kinda like the Cowboys did with Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well if Drew Sample and Ryan Finley are examples of how Taylor is going to build this team (not to mention his coaching staff) we’re probably doomed...

I hate to break it to you but Finely wasn't any worse than Andy. The same Andy you brainiacs want to bring back for another season as a 17 million dollar back up. Talk about clueless. Sheesh......
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:46 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah kinda like the Cowboys did with Johnson.

You really should look up the word anomaly.

Do you really think the Bengals are capable of doing such a feat?

You'd better puff and pass that stuff man.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a good season from him by any means and he even had a good Center in front of him finally so he could step into a 
pocket. Dalton has never been the problem except in the big games where he continually failed to play well over and over
again. We need to build up the O-line, Draft Burrow and Linebackers that is....

After we replace coaches which is the main problem around here.

It wasn’t only Andy that didn’t play well in those big games. The Bengals never seemed ready for those big games. I blame the majority of these loses on the caching staff on game preparation and the organization not doing the small things for the team’s overall success

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 08:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The article is correct. Andy Dalton is not the main issue. We aren't going to win a championship with him......

Nor will we with Brown family running the show. Face it, if you are a Bengals fan it is a curse. This mom and pop organization is a ran like a Division III NCAA program. They will never win or go to another Super Bowl in my lifetime. The Brown family has shown me they will not change. Wishing for a championship is a dream that’s not going to happen.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:51 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I hate to break it to you but Finely wasn't any worse than Andy. The same Andy you brainiacs want to bring back for another season as a 17 million dollar back up. Talk about clueless. Sheesh......

Finley was by far worse than Dalton. I think the adjective of clueless describes you better than some of us

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 10:01 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Finley was by far worse than Dalton.  I think the adjective of clueless describes you better than some of us

Correct.

By general consensus there were a few games most felt if Dalton had played they could've won.

Yet another coaching or management flaw.

I'm just curious to who had the plan to bench Dalton?

Was it upper management or Zac Taylor?

Why was Dalton brought back if the plan was to not play him once the season was lost?

Why not put in Dolegala if the plan was to see what backup QBs had and to save AD from injury?

Was Finley Zac's pick or someone elses?

Was benching Dalton and putting in Finley a way to justify the pick for someone's ego or management trying to see if ZT had an eye for QB talent?

So many damn questions I have for this season and the scenario that unfolded.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know this will upset many who want AD gone, those who attack him and call him a bum and worse.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091582/article/offensive-player-rankings-week-17-3-offenses-in-need-of-revamp

It places the blame on our offense on our OL (we all agree) and on ZT and his 60% pass play calling thus under utilizing Mixon. It also points out the lack of play action used by ZT.

Personally, I think AD needs a change of scenery like many and time for Joe Burrow or best QB in draft (projected). But it does align what many have said, trade down and get more picks to rebuild the OL and then look at QB in round 2 or late round 1.

It also places the offensive woes squarely on ZT, not AD as many believed to be the main problem.

Thoughts??

Get Burrow, slice the fat (bad players), hire new players and get FA's and make some trades. 

THIS is the best way to get the ball rolling. It'll be A LOT of work that the Browns hate to do and would rather vacation in Swissland, but it would spark the players and fans up.

Zac is heading downhill on his reputation as coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Get Burrow, slice the fat (bad players), hire new players and get FA's and make some trades. 

THIS is the best way to get the ball rolling. It'll be A LOT of work that the Browns hate to do and would rather vacation in Swissland, but it would spark the players and fans up.

Zac is heading downhill on his reputation as coach.

They won't do it.

The end of the Palmer era was forced.

I doubt they do as much work.

Actually I'd prefer the lazy hire of Gruden and Hue coming back and hiring a legit D-Coordinator, to this throw it up against the wall and see if it sticks style as of late.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:51 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I hate to break it to you but Finely wasn't any worse than Andy. The same Andy you brainiacs want to bring back for another season as a 17 million dollar back up. Talk about clueless. Sheesh......

What are you new here? I’m far from an Andy Dalton fan lol

That said, Finley is terrible. Borderline backup material at best. Just doesn’t have an NFL level arm.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are you new here? I’m far from an Andy Dalton fan lol

That said, Finley is terrible. Borderline backup material at best. Just doesn’t have an NFL level arm.
0-3 with a 500 K salary with 17 million to spend on FAs vs 1-11 with a 17.5 million salary. No brainer if you ask me!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You really should look up the word anomaly.

Do you really think the Bengals are capable of doing such a feat?

You'd better puff and pass that stuff man.

Holding my breath for years an still no buzz.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 0-3 with a 500 K salary with 17 million to spend on FAs vs 1-11 with a 17.5 million salary. No brainer if you ask me!

What are we debating here? I don’t want Dalton back either. We should bring in a cheaper vet backup.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are we debating here? I don’t want Dalton back either. We should bring in a cheaper vet backup.

I don't disagree AD should move on to another team.

But, who exactly is available to back up and mentor Joe Burrow?

Who is on your cheaper list?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote