Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article - Says AD not main issue
(12-27-2019, 08:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You really should look up the word anomaly.

Do you really think the Bengals are capable of doing such a feat?

You'd better puff and pass that stuff man.

Hey we all know how this team operates. Right now an anomaly is all I have. Please don't stomp on my dreams. Damn the torpedo's and pass the blunt.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't disagree AD should move on to another team.

But, who exactly is available to back up and mentor Joe Burrow?

Who is on your cheaper list?

No idea. I’d have to see who becomes available. I don’t think backup QB is terribly important next year, as we’re probably not going to be in playoff contention. If Burrow goes down that’s the only concern. Not who’s coming off the bench to try and keep us going.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 10:28 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Correct.

By general consensus there were a few games most felt if Dalton had played they could've won.

Yet another coaching or management flaw.
You mean the Dalton Gang consensus? Yeah It was Zac's plan to pull Dalton and keep him from winning a few more games. Look Dalton lost 11 games and Finley lost 3. Damn you Zac we could have had three wins if it weren't for you. But wait two of those losses came against the Ravens(#1 seed in AFC) and the Steelers who own Andy (3-16 and hasn't beaten them since 2015). I contend that benching Dalton lit a fire under him. He has a three game loosing streak , same as Finley did when he was benched. Once they are eliminated from the post season I was glad they put Dalton in because he all but guaranteed we got the first pick. Burrow 2020!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:51 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I hate to break it to you but Finely wasn't any worse than Andy. The same Andy you brainiacs want to bring back for another season as a 17 million dollar back up. Talk about clueless. Sheesh......

Finley was much worse than Dalton.

Talk about clueless.  Sheesh..........
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You mean the Dalton Gang consensus? Yeah It was Zac's plan to pull Dalton and keep him from winning a few more games. Look Dalton lost 11 games and Finley lost 3. Damn you Zac we could have had three wins if it weren't for you. But wait two of those losses came against the Ravens(#1 seed in AFC) and the Steelers who own Andy (3-16 and hasn't beaten them since 2015). I contend that benching Dalton lit a fire under him. He has a three game loosing streak , same as Finley did when he was benched. Once they are eliminated from the post season I was glad they put Dalton in because he all but guaranteed we got the first pick. Burrow 2020!!!!!

I honestly don't think there was a plan.

Again.  I think you give the management too much credit.

It reeks of buffoonery.  Which I do believe is true.

Hopefully Burrow is a "no-brainer" as advertised because that's exactly what Mike Brown and his lackeys need.

And yes I do believe most event those outside of The Dalton Gang felt he could've won at least one or two more games.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 0-3 with a 500 K salary with 17 million to spend on FAs vs 1-11 with a 17.5 million salary. No brainer if you ask me!

So having a good QB is all that matters except when you want to get rid of Dalton, then the QB position does not matter if youhave money to build around him.

This is priceless.  You can't even keep your own story straight.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You mean the Dalton Gang consensus? 

I don't lknow about how many games we could have won, but the "consensus" that Dalton was better than Finley included every national media expert and every person who watched them play except for you and a couple of more over the top Dalton haters.

Just for fun why don't you list everyone who agrees with you that Dalton was no better than Finley.

I'll wait.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Finley was much worse than Dalton.

Talk about clueless.  Sheesh..........

I suppose other than the old "eyeball test" all we have to go on is common opponent.

Both played Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Andy had an average passer rating in those games of 59.4, while Ryan had an average of 75.5. Ryan also chipped in 30 yards on the ground at 4.3 YPC, while Andy managed 10 yards at 2.5 YPC.

What exactly made Andy far better?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What exactly made Andy far better?

Overall stats instead of cherry picking.

Dalton  275.3 yds/gm..  78.4 rt.. 59.6 comp%..  3.0 td%..  2.6 int%..  6.6 yd/att..  3.0 sack/g..  0.6 fum/g..  0.3 rush td/gm
Finley   158.0 yds/gm..  62.1 rt.. 47.1 comp%..  2.3 td%..  2.3 int%..  5.4 yd/att..  3.7 sack/g..  1.3 fum/g..  0.0 rush td/gm  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 03:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Overall stats instead of cherry picking.

Dalton  275.3 yds/gm..  78.4 rt.. 59.6 comp%..  3.0 td%..  2.6 int%..  6.6 yd/att..  3.0 sack/g..  0.6 fum/g..  0.3 rush td/gm
Finley   158.0 yds/gm..  62.1 rt.. 47.1 comp%..  2.3 td%..  2.3 int%..  5.4 yd/att..  3.7 sack/g..  1.3 fum/g..  0.0 rush td/gm  

Using common opponents for a kid that has only started 3 games in his career is not cherry picking. If you want to dismiss the common opponent to stand by your calling someone clueless, fine. But don't expect the rest of us to consider Finley's limited body of work and the common opponent factor.

But I will say it gives me hope for all Andy's Army Soldiers when one of its Generals starts to compare him to rookie back ups instead of the good starters around the league. About time.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Using common opponents for a kid that has only started 3 games in his career is not cherry picking. 

Yes it is.  You are eliminating his worst game and Dalton's best games.  That is the very definition of "cherry picking".

If a player has a "limitedbody of work" you don't make the analysis more accurate by making it even smaller.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it is.  You are eliminating his worst game and Dalton's best games.  That is the very definition of "cherry picking".

If a player has a "limitedbody of work" you don't make the analysis more accurate by making it even smaller.

I'm eliminating everything except the common opponent. That how it works when comparing performances against common opponents. But as I said; you're getting closer. Seems like only yesterday you were comparing him favorably to the likes of Cousins, Carr, and others..

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I will say it gives me hope for all Andy's Army Soldiers when one of its Generals starts to compare him to rookie back ups instead of the good starters around the league. About time.

I responding to your comment about Finley being better than Dalton.  What do other NFL QBs have to do with it?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I responding to your comment about Finley being better than Dalton.  What do other NFL QBs have to do with it?

Show me where I said Finley was better?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm eliminating everything except the common opponent. That how it works when comparing performances against common opponents. 

I know exactly how it works, and it is silly because the same QB can have very different games against the same team in one year.  The defensive line ups fro the Ravens and Steelers were not even the same for both games this year.

You are just desperate.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea. I’d have to see who becomes available. I don’t think backup QB is terribly important next year, as we’re probably not going to be in playoff contention. If Burrow goes down that’s the only concern. Not who’s coming off the bench to try and keep us going.

So why waste the money on a backup QB?

Use Finley and Jake if goal is to lose either way if Joe goes down
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Show me where I said Finley was better?

You asked me to show why Dalton was better and I did.

Are you denying that?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You asked me to show why Dalton was better and I did.

Are you denying that?

I asked you what leads you to believe that Dalton is far better than Finley. You did post that Andy's passer rating of 78 in his 9th year over 12 games is 16 points better than Ryan's.  Andy got to inflate his stats over cupcakes such as Arizona and Miami. Ryan had to play the best team in the NFL, and 2 teams that have a shot at making the playoffs going into the last game of the season.

So yeah, I'm going to roll with you failed to show me how Andy was "far better" than Finley.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know exactly how it works, and it is silly because the same QB can have very different games against the same team in one year.  The defensive line ups fro the Ravens and Steelers were not even the same for both games this year.

You are just desperate.

Desperate for what?

As I said: You can dismiss the common opponent factor if you want, just don't expect everyone else to. Hell, I think even the NFL uses it in certain cases. You better alert them and let them know they are desperate.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: You can dismiss the common opponent factor if you want, just don't expect everyone else to.

Okay.  Show me who whis "everyone else" is.  Post a list of everyone who is claiming Dalton is better than Finley because of their performances against common opponenets.

I think there will be a common factor among all the names you list.
Reply/Quote