Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's ACTIVATED!!!
(10-31-2015, 06:27 PM)BengalsFan91 Wrote: Little was cut to make room for Burfict

but active roster is different.. someone else will have to be deactivated... be interesting to see who on sunday for Burfict 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 10:55 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: but active roster is different.. someone else will have to be deactivated... be interesting to see who on sunday for Burfict 

It's between Chris Carter and Paul Dawson. I'm guessing Dawson since he will be the third string WILL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doubt he is "fully recovered", but he is in good enough shape to contribute to our defense, and there is no increased risk of re-injury by bringing him back.

Fred, you do realize that every player runs the risk of injury on every play. There just has to be a point where they either play or they don't. Sitting on the sidelines isn't much risk of injury, but that's part and parcel of playing in any game. It just feels like hyperbole after awhile worrying about whether there's a risk or not. Of course there's a risk. We could say they're risking injury to Andy by letting him play, but you know where that argument would lead .. Nowhere .. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Why would Roethlisberger be afraid of Burfict when it should be the Steelers RB's?

Burfict has 4 or 5 total Sacks for his entire NFL carreer while he usually leads the team in tackles, has more Forced Fumbles and more Tackles for Losses. I love Burficts play and intensity but a QB's nightmare he is not.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 08:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Drop it. Rey has been the only LB on this team consistently worth his salt this year.

Good job? Consistently? He hasn't been. You can't tell me the team drafted him and has been what he was hoped to be. No, not even close. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 06:27 PM)BengalsFan91 Wrote: Little was cut to make room for Burfict

He said ACTIVE roster as in the 45 suited up players come Sunday.

Little was never on the 45 this season.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 03:41 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He said ACTIVE roster as in the 45 suited up players come Sunday.

Little was never on the 45 this season.

Right. One of the reasons they canned him.

Another reason to be cautious as fans about him possibly playing. Just because he is active, doesn't mean he will. 

I'd like to think, with him impressing everyone at those practices, he would make a few appearances. I'd hope.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Burfict will be an emotional lift for the team. I am glad they activated him. I think the timing was gooddue to our record coming off bye weeks. The littel emotional lift may be just the thing that helps us get that little bit extra needed to beat the steelers. As for Burfict playing....just get him some action in certain situations to get him back into game shape. If he makes a play or two, great. But I think he will have more of an impact starting with the texans game.
Reply/Quote
If they weren't planning on playing him today it would not have made sense to put him on the 53 man roster when they did. They've been rotating Sims and Thompson on the gameday roster so maybe both will be inactive today.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:09 AM)pally Wrote: If they weren't planning on playing him today it would not have made sense to put him on the 53 man roster when they did.  They've been rotating Sims and Thompson on the gameday roster so maybe both will be inactive today.

I hope Sims is active, the Bengals must stop the run to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 01:52 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Good job? Consistently? He hasn't been. You can't tell me the team drafted him and has been what he was hoped to be. No, not even close. 

He's terrific in the open field....

[Image: rey-maualuga-penalty-vs-bears.gif?w=295&...231&crop=1]

I keed! I keed! I liked 2012 Rey quite a lot. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:29 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: He's terrific in the open field....

Also serves to remind what a whiny little ***** Cutler is and why I laugh heartily at his many failures. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:29 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: He's terrific in the open field....

Watching this reminds me of that Jerome Simpson flop a few years back and the reaction from the other player...hilarious
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rey M has never had a season, in which, he has led this team in tackles.
Yeah.......not only that , but isn't "the worst starting LB in the league".....Vinnie Rey......currently leading the team in tackles?  Didn't he have a game sealing INT against SD?  Am I imagining all of that?  Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's great that Burfict is back!!! I can't wait to see what he can do, even if his time is limited. This game could be even better than what I thought it was going to be.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 11:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Fred, you do realize that every player runs the risk of injury on every play.  There just has to be a point where they either play or they don't.  Sitting on the sidelines isn't much risk of injury, but that's part and parcel of playing in any game.  It just feels like hyperbole after awhile worrying about whether there's a risk or not. Of course there's a risk. We could say they're risking injury to Andy by letting him play, but you know where that argument would lead .. Nowhere .. LOL

We are saying the same thing.  In some cases if a player returns too soon it increases his chance of aggravating the existing injury.

Although Burfict may not be 100% recovered I don't think there is any increased chance of injury.  Look at geno last year.  Even though he did not have all his explosiveness back last year his ACL was 100% healed and there was no increased chance of him re-injuring the same knee.
Reply/Quote