Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Much As We Love Mixon...
Below is a graph plotting EPA per rush and yards per touch. From an EPA standpoint, Mixon was almost exactly league average. The problem is that this ranking is massively carried by the week nine game against Carolina. Removing that single game from his season cuts his EPA straight in half. 

[Image: qZ1XpAu.png]

A very quick, crude analysis of contracts would show Mixon's approximate market value between $2MM-$3MM based on this production, and that is with the outlier game included. Removing that outlier would put him somewhere around $1MM-$1.5MM.
Reply/Quote
Leonard Fourntte won one!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Most recently, if it weren't for running out of Quarterbacks in the NCCCG, Christian McCaffrey and the 9ers would probably have won the Super Bowl this year. 

Debatable with how that field (supposedly as I didn't watch) neutralized D (especially pass rush), I'm not sure SF would have beat KC.

With that said, i think the last time a 1st round RB started in the SB was Todd Gurley (unless Sanders was a 1st rounder). We saw how ineffective that position usually is for a 1st to effectively be used on it.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Leonard Fourntte won one!

Ah, I forgot about him but he won it not on the team that drafted him that high (considering he was so inefficient for them he got waived nonetheless)
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:31 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Ah, I forgot about him but he won it not on the team that drafted him that high (considering he was so inefficient for them he got waived nonetheless)

Yeah, he went from the Jags to the Bucs.

If the Bengals were drafting in the top 10 and weren't sniffing the Super Bowl I'd say "hell no" to drafting a RB.

This team can win it all, so I am simply offering maybe a RB with better production than Mixon can elevate the team to the next level.

Anyhow, I hope they cut Mixon and draft a RB in rounds 1-4 that can come in and be big-yardage threat.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yeah, he went from the Jags to the Bucs.

If the Bengals were drafting in the top 10 and weren't sniffing the Super Bowl I'd say "hell no" to drafting a RB.

This team can win it all, so I am simply offering maybe a RB with better production than Mixon can elevate the team to the next level.

Anyhow, I hope they cut Mixon and draft a RB in rounds 1-4 that can come in and be big-yardage threat.

Pitts Izzy Abanikanda could be had in 4/5 right now and looks like he'd fit a Mixon role. Better yet, limited treads on his body as he only started this year (over 1600 all purpose yards too as a KO Returner).
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yeah, he went from the Jags to the Bucs.

Joe just needs a better OL. As does Joe.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
He will still be under 4 yards per carry after a restructure how is this helping the team?

He had a 2 yard per carry avg. in the last game against the Cheifs.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Joe just needs a better OL. As does Joe.

That's a good point, I've wondered that about Mixon. Most RBs can't be Barry Sanders and excel despite a poor line.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm drooling over Bijan Robinson. I like the idea of using the 1st round pick on him even if it is no longer passé to take a RB early.

I don't think you know what the word passe means.
Reply/Quote
In our last game against KC that we lost.

Burrow 4 att 30 yards

Perine 5 att 22 yards 4 yards a carry

Mixon 8 att 19 yards 2 yards a carry
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:59 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think you know what the word passe means.

It means no longer fashionable. It's no longer a thing/fashionable/a relevant practice to dedicate 1st round picks to drafting a RB. I'm using the word informally since this is just an online message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 02:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It means no longer fashionable. It's no longer a thing/fashionable/a relevant practice to dedicate 1st round picks to drafting a RB. I'm using the word informally since this is just an online message board.

So then you don't know how to use it correctly because that was a double negative.

You said it's no longer, no longer fashionable.  In other words it is fashionable.

Maybe stick to english.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 02:06 PM)motoarch Wrote: So then you don't know how to use it correctly because that was a double negative.

You said it's no longer, no longer fashionable.  In other words it is fashionable.

Maybe stick to english.

You're right about the double negative. I poorly worded the sentence.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:18 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, Mixon pretty much suggested he'd restructure his contract to stay here.
I think he'll need to give up quite a bit though.

I bet he would.  I mean, he only runs hard when the entire fanbase starts questioning the contents of his scrotum, and his blocking is still as effective as a swinging gate.

Might be a tough sentiment for some to handle, but it's time for the Bengals to go a different route at RB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He will still be under 4 yards per carry after a restructure how is this helping the team?

He had a 2 yard per carry avg. in the last game against the Cheifs.

The thought would be they can repurpose money saved to boost the OL, which would (or should) boost the running game efficiency.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The thought would be they can repurpose money saved to boost the OL, which would (or should) boost the running game efficiency.

Mixon had a 2 yard per carry avg. Perine had a 4 yard per carry avg in the loss to KC. It is not the line it is who you are handing the ball to. Get rid of the dead weight= Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Time to move on.... $$$ can be spent elsewhere it's just the nature of the NFL.

Going to be lots of Mixon talk this off-season and frankly this thread is a duplicate of the Ut Oh Mixon one.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Even if Mixon was only a $8m cap hit, that's too much. He can't block, so he can't be on the field when the game is in it's most crucial moments. A RB who you can't rely on when you need to win a game is a RB who isn't really much use.

That's not even touching the fact that among 41 qualified RBs, Mixon was 32nd in yards per carry, 34th in yards after contact per carry, and 29th in attempts per broken tackle.

It doesn't matter what he's making, cutting him honestly feels like an addition by subtraction move at this point.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even if Mixon was only a $8m cap hit, that's too much. He can't block, so he can't be on the field when the game is in it's most crucial moments. A RB who you can't rely on when you need to win a game is a RB who isn't really much use.

That's not even touching the fact that among 41 qualified RBs, Mixon was 32nd in yards per carry, 34th in yards after contact per carry, and 29th in attempts per broken tackle.

It doesn't matter what he's making, cutting him honestly feels like an addition by subtraction move at this point.

This.

It comes down to the smartest allocation of resources, and improving the team overall. It's time to move on, draft a more dynamic back and use the money saved to better the team in another area. 
Reply/Quote