Poll: KC or Baltimore
Chiefs
Ravens
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
As a Bengals fan, who to root for ...
If you had told me the Rats would hold KC to 17 points and shut them out in the 2nd half, I would have bet my house on a Ravens win. What a game by this Chiefs' D.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 08:30 PM)Bengalion Wrote: If you had told me the Rats would hold KC to 17 points and shut them out in the 2nd half, I would have bet my house on a Ravens win. What a game by this Chiefs' D.

Idk how Spags isn’t getting HC buzz. I get everyone wants to go offensive minded these days, but man he’s a hell of a coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The late money came in on the Ravens which turned out wrong. Ravens were -4.5 today.

Many liked the under though, which turned out accurate.
Reply/Quote
I suppose I seek comfort in knowing Lamar isn't getting a Super Bowl victory this season. Mahomes has already won two so a third won't sting as much from my Bengals fandom lens.
Reply/Quote
IDK who will win tonight, but I do know that's who I'll be rooting for in the SB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Our staff wasn't wrong about LaPorta, we just didn't have a chance to draft him.
Reply/Quote
This is what Lamar does in the playoffs. Can’t believe people thought it would be different this year lol

2-4 now

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 08:48 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Our staff wasn't wrong about LaPorta, we just didn't have a chance to draft him.

LaPorta was pick 34 (in the 2nd round). The Bengals passed on him to draft Myles Murphy with pick 28.
Reply/Quote
I get folks want to bash Lamar, but he had a better Playoff game today against the Chiefs than Joe had his last playoff game against the Chiefs.

Seems football is the "total team sport" only when we want it to be.

Reply/Quote
I said Ravens before the game.

And while both teams reminded me why I don't like them, the Ratbirds were far worse. At least the Chiefs aren't dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 08:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: LaPorta was pick 34 (in the 2nd round). The Bengals passed on him to draft Myles Murphy with pick 28.

On our defense, LaPorta was Detroit's 3rd pick. Murphy was our first. They picked Gibbs at 12 and Campbell at 18. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want to bash Lamar, but he had a better Playoff game today against the Chiefs than Joe had his last playoff game against the Chiefs.

- Lamar

20/37
54.1 cmp%
272 yards passing (54 rushing)
1 TD
2 turnovers
75.5 rating

- Burrow

26/41
63.41 cmp%
270 yards passing (30 yards rushing)
1 TD
2 turnovers
70.2 rating

One guy had a historic triple crown defense (#1 in sacks, points allowed, and takeaways), and an incredibly healthy team overall.

One guy had 3 backups playing OL on the road in Arrowhead.

Seems context only matters when we want it to.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He turns into a pumpkin in the playoffs. 2-4 and idk how many turnovers now.

Yes, Lamer did his usual playoff performance....  Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want to bash Lamar, but he had a better Playoff game today against the Chiefs than Joe had his last playoff game against the Chiefs.

I enjoy watching Lamar play. And he only turned 27 this month of January, so he probably will have a lot of time to prove the doubters wrong. He didn't seem to have a very good game today, however. Only one really bad play -- throwing into triple coverage when a FG would have pulled the Ravens within a TD -- but he sure missed on a lot of long passes and held onto the ball too long. But KC's defense is really good and seemed to have blanketed the receivers well. 

But he is clearly electric. Just watching him catching his own pass ... lol.  
Reply/Quote
Crazy to root for the Chiefs, last year's Superbowl winner. I was rooting for Lamar. I get why Browns fans would do something like that (root for the Chiefs), but Browns going back down after Burrow is healthy.

My disdain for our division is CLE, PITT, BAL in that order. If it was CLE or PITT against Chiefs, I'd just root for nobody lol.

There is something super annoying about Kelce being open every ***** play, even against #1 defenses.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: - Lamar

20/37
54.1 cmp%
272 yards passing (54 rushing)
1 TD
2 turnovers
75.5 rating

- Burrow

26/41
63.41 cmp%
270 yards passing (30 yards rushing)
1 TD
2 turnovers
70.2 rating

One guy had a historic triple crown defense (#1 in sacks, points allowed, and takeaways), and an incredibly healthy team overall.

One guy had 3 backups playing OL on the road in Arrowhead.

Seems context only matters when we want it to.
Context always matters. For instance, Lamar also led his team in rushing. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I said Ravens before the game.

And while both teams reminded me why I don't like them, the Ratbirds were far worse. At least the Chiefs aren't dirty.

Sneed pulling ravens WR down and getting a taunting penalty on ravens WR, not dirty...
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I enjoy watching Lamar play. And he only turned 27 this month of January, so he probably will have a lot of time to prove the doubters wrong. He didn't seem to have a very good game today, however. Only one really bad play -- throwing into triple coverage when a FG would have pulled the Ravens within a TD -- but he sure missed on a lot of long passes and held onto the ball too long. But KC's defense is really good and seemed to have blanketed the receivers well. 

He continues to have a fumbling problem in the playoffs. I believe that’s 6 in 6 games now.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: I enjoy watching Lamar play. And he only turned 27 this month of January, so he probably will have a lot of time to prove the doubters wrong. He didn't seem to have a very good game today, however. Only one really bad play -- throwing into triple coverage when a FG would have pulled the Ravens within a TD -- but he sure missed on a lot of long passes and held onto the ball too long. But KC's defense is really good and seemed to have blanketed the receivers well. 

Yeah, I get Bengals fans want to hate on all other things AFC North, but Lamar is talented. He had a pretty good playoff game just last week. 

The interception was stupid, but I wonder how many Bengal fans would be calling PI if it happened to us. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Context always matters. For instance, Lamar also led his team in rushing. 

No running game you say? Now he knows how Joe feels. Wink

Reply/Quote