Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the world turns…
Okay now what with our first pick in the draft? Looks more like a TE. And…. Should be one there. But a safety at 2? Is Apple for sure back? Was that definitive? RB?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Okay now what with our first pick in the draft? Looks more like a TE. And…. Should be one there. But a safety at 2? Is Apple for sure back? Was that definitive? RB?

Do we sign a RT in free agency?  

Darnell Wright or D Jones could solidify this oline for a long time if we move Jonah to LG......

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Do we sign a RT in free agency?  

Darnell Wright or D Jones could solidify this oline for a long time if we move Jonah to LG......

I think from a number’s perspective you go with what’s on the books between Carman, Collins, & Jonah at RT. Of course who knows if there are any more surprises. I think FA we need a safety first and maybe a TE. For insurance. So no I’d pass on a RT at 1. Doesn’t mean later in 2,3, or 4. We are close to being able to draft the best player. But I’m tired of not being able to run the damn more than the pass protection. If Williams can kick ass at LG go for it
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think we're going to open it up to BPA when all is said and done in FA.

I'd rather not pay a running back much at all in FA.
I'd much rather address RB in the draft (1st or 2nd round).

I'd like to see bargain TEs with upside in FA, and a TE drafted at some point in the draft.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a solid safety signed in FA yet.
Maybe some bargain/high value depth players at positions like corner, dline/oline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think from a number’s perspective you go with what’s on the books between Carman, Collins, & Jonah at RT. Of course who knows if there are any more surprises. I think FA we need a safety first and maybe a TE. For insurance. So no I’d pass on a RT at 1. Doesn’t mean later in 2,3, or 4. We are close to being able to draft the best player. But I’m tired of not being able to run the damn more than the pass protection. If Williams can kick ass at LG go for it

If Jonah is LG, then RT at 28 might be the play.  Why not have a line without holes for the next 3-4 years?

Surely we grab a S in free agency.  John Johnson would be serviceable. 

Reply/Quote
With so much money locked up in LT, QB, WR, a 1st round RB on a rookie deal for 5 years makes a ton of sense to me. But we'll see. I still think it's BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: If Jonah is LG, then RT at 28 might be the play.  Why not have a line without holes for the next 3-4 years?

Surely we grab a S in free agency.  John Johnson would be serviceable. 

I think it depends on TE and who’s there. TE is bare. Kinda like what’s just happened. I’ll wait until the end of the week to answer you LOL.

Reply/Quote
I still dont like using a 1st round draft pick on a TE or a RB. You can get a good TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we dont get a RT in free agency that might be a good choice for the 1st round pick. If not RT then D-line or CB
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:37 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I still dont like using a 1st round draft pick on a TE or a RB. You can get a good TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we dont get a RT in free agency that might be a good choice for the 1st round pick. If not RT then D-line or CB

We’ve got 3 on the payroll. I’d be shocked they draft a RT first. It’s going to be the best of Carman, Jonah, and Collins

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:08 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ve got 3 on the payroll. I’d be shocked they draft a RT first. It’s going to be the best of Carman, Jonah, and Collins

I think Collins in the only true RT and he will miss at least the begining of the season.  Carman keeps getting moved around and struggled on the right side before and we expect all this moving him around is going to help? Jonah was not that good at LT so we move him to RT while crossing our fingers hoping he does well on that side?  Im skeptical of all 3 of those options.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:18 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think Collins in the only true RT and he will miss at least the begining of the season.  Carman keeps getting moved around and struggled on the right side before and we expect all this moving him around is going to help? Jonah was not that good at LT so we move him to RT while crossing our fingers hoping he does well on that side?  Im skeptical of all 3 of those options.

Jonah’s overall tenure at LT has been ok. He should make an ok RT. Better than Collins

Collins was worse than Jonah last year
Reply/Quote
Priority in early rounds needs to be DT, Safety, WR, RB, TE.

DT: We missed Big larry last year and could lose Reader and Hendrickson soon.

TEs are like, the 4th opition in our offense. Get a FA or a 4th rounder and roll with it.

WR: If the FO is smart, they're choosing between Chase and Higgins but not both. Regardless, TB needs replaced.

OT: Keep signing FAs. This FO can evaulate/develop O line talent. Unless they fundamentally change how to pick them, don't bother.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:37 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I still dont like using a 1st round draft pick on a TE or a RB.  You can get a good TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  If we dont get a RT in free agency that might be a good choice for the 1st round pick.  If not RT then D-line or CB

You can get good ones in these rounds, but usually the great ones go in round 1. 

Am fine with them taking a RT if the right one is still there, but will not bother me if Bengals go TE or RB either. 

Obviously a safety could be in the draft mix in 1st as well. Yet believe they will still address one these positions in FA and suspect it will be a safety. Not sure Lou wants to count on both safety's being that inexperienced. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Are there any 3Ts worthy of the 28th pick? I wouldn’t go TE or RB in 1. Those can be found later and are not nearly as vital for our schemes. We need interior rush, in my opinion. BJ Hill was much better in a rotation, and pass rush up the middle is sorely needed. I would go CB if pass rusher was off the table.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:29 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Are there any 3Ts worthy of the 28th pick? I wouldn’t go TE or RB in 1. Those can be found later and are not nearly as vital for our schemes. We need interior rush, in my opinion. BJ Hill was much better in a rotation, and pass rush up the middle is sorely needed. I would go CB if pass rusher was off the table.

That is similar to what Im thinking.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:18 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think Collins in the only true RT and he will miss at least the begining of the season.  Carman keeps getting moved around and struggled on the right side before and we expect all this moving him around is going to help? Jonah was not that good at LT so we move him to RT while crossing our fingers hoping he does well on that side?  Im skeptical of all 3 of those options.

They are on the books. Carman’s problem was more needing space than struggling with the right side. This class of TE’s is the best in 10 years they say and generational players. Oh I think Darnell Washington would be a killer blocking and in the Redzone.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:29 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Are there any 3Ts worthy of the 28th pick? I wouldn’t go TE or RB in 1. Those can be found later and are not nearly as vital for our schemes. We need interior rush, in my opinion. BJ Hill was much better in a rotation, and pass rush up the middle is sorely needed. I would go CB if pass rusher was off the table.

That's similar to what I'm thinking too.
Reply/Quote

Mazi Smith?

Solid pass rusher...

At 6’3″, 337 pounds, Smith has a massive, naturally well-leveraged frame. With his size, he can shrug off chip blocks and absorb double-teams.

Of course, it’s well-advertised that Smith isn’t just incredibly big. He’s very athletic, too. That much was clear when he was the top freak on Feldman’s Freaks list in the summer. Per Feldman, Smith has a 33″ vertical jump, a 9’4.5″ broad jump, and an absurd 6.95 three-cone time. He’s also logged 22 reps of 325 pounds on the bench press. At the NFL Combine, the weight utilized is 225.

-Ian Cummings

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:36 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They are on the books. Carman’s problem was more needing space than struggling with the right side. This class of TE’s is the best in 10 years they say and generational players. Oh I think Darnell Washington would be a killer blocking and in the Redzone.

Would love this selection and he can catch too. Yet if Washington and Mayer are gone but Bijan Robinson is still there ? Would not hesitate. 

Not a big fan of drafting a 1st round RB, but if the Bengals can add a stud player then I say do it. Just got to wait and see who falls that far.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:29 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Are there any 3Ts worthy of the 28th pick? I wouldn’t go TE or RB in 1. Those can be found later and are not nearly as vital for our schemes. We need interior rush, in my opinion. BJ Hill was much better in a rotation, and pass rush up the middle is sorely needed. I would go CB if pass rusher was off the table.

Could certainly go RB or tight end in the 2nd or later rounds too. In the end I just want the best player that isn’t a qb.
Reply/Quote