Poll: At pick #33, which position group would you want? Assume no trade back and all positions are equally ranked:
WR
OT
OLB/DE
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At #33, what position group do you want?
Yes, people will get angry because they don't know who will be there and they don't want to reach for a position group, but for this hypothetical, say there are 3 (or 4) players available that are all equal ranking as talents. Don't ask about a trade back, as yes, that is obvious if there were such a situation.

I want to know what the boards feels helps the Bengals more in terms of position group with #33.

Please give a reason why you made your choice. It is tough to prioritize!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted WR and I am really struggling with it....I think a dominant OT that we can put at RT is a huge value given the rookie wage scale, and it is a position of need if they are going to want to be better than just "OK" at the position, but I also see an ability to get an AJ Green-type talent and elevate the entire offense.  It also prepares the offense better for injuries as we already have two RTs that have similar ratings in Hart and Johnson.

I don't see as big a drop off in talent at LB due to depth of the class as I do WR and OT.  And I saw a ridiculous stat recently about WRs and OTs that were drafted after Rd 3 that went on to become top tier at their positions and it was almost nonexistent.  I can't get that out of my mind.  
Reply/Quote
They really feel like they are in a BPA position. They feel more comfortable at RT than we are, and they aren’t going to reach for a lb if one fits f the 3 isn’t there.

So literally any position is on the table. I WANT OL but it could be corner that is bpa.
Reply/Quote
I went with OT, leaning toward the idea of building something up front with Burrow in mind. Number one pick QBs don't come around much. Trying to supply him with two new bookend tackles is appealing.
Reply/Quote
Hoping Murray falls and we snag him.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see who falls out of the 1st round. There's probably 4-6 WR's gonna go in 1st, there's likely gonna be some moving around to snatch up QB's. Often there's a guy that goes in the late 1st that some team is high on (need) that nobody had there.

i feel there could be some really good players left at #33. Gonna be interesting to see what they do ? I could see OT, LB, or WR. I'm hoping one of the top WR's fall and we snatch him up. I'm just not crazy about going into the season relying on AJ and Ross to stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the best offensive tackle or pass rusher here. There should be great value at those positions.

3rd round there should be great value at linebacker.

I'd be okay with the right WR in the 2nd round, but I think edge and OT would do more to make us better.
Reply/Quote
I picked offensive line, but WR is a really close 2nd for me. The thing that pushed it over the edge is the depth at the WR position this year. I'm more confident in there being a good WR in the 3rd round (maybe even the Claypool kid you like).
Reply/Quote
If all things are equal between them, I hope we would pick the OT. LB is a very close second. I know everyone is pumped about the WR class, but I just don’t see an AJ Green level receiver falling to the second round. We could get a really good one, but not the next AJ. I just think solidifying the line even further does so much more for this team right now.

Even as I type this though the thought of a LB to really put the defense together might sound better. I’m so ready to pick Joe Burrow tomorrow night, that’s going to be awesome. But to me, the more exciting night will be Friday. We have a real chance to add some solid talent to this team in rounds 2 and 3, and since we don’t know who will be available, I feel like that’s when the draft really starts for us. Really can’t wait!
Reply/Quote
I'm 100% thinking Burrow protection. As for WR, we are good at the position right now. Our D has been upgraded. Focus on protecting your new investment.

Reply/Quote
Whichever group presents the highest value.

I would like them to draft an OT like Josh Jones or Isaiah Wilson, but I just don't think they think the Oline is as big of an issue as the fans do, which is a shame.

My "big board" for 33 is as follows:
1. Josh Jones
2. A.J. Epenesa
3. Kenneth Murray
4. Isaiah Wilson
5. Patrick Queen
6. Cesar Ruiz
7. Zack Baun
8. Tee Higgins
9. Justin Jefferson
10. Brandon Aiyuk
11. Austin Jackson
12. Denzel Mims
13. Ezra Cleveland
14. Michael Pittman Jr
15. Josh Uche
Reply/Quote
LB. We haven’t drafted one higher than the 3rd in a decade. And looking through the ones we have taken it certainly shows.

As long as it’s one of those three positions I’ll be happy though tbh.

Reply/Quote
I couldn't vote because my answer would depend on what players are available at that time.

If Queen, Murray, or Baun is available there, one of them would be good.
Cesar Ruiz, Josh Jones, or Isaiah Wilson could make sense there.
Mims, Higgins, or maybe Jefferson or even Claypool could also make sense.

One of the above is bound to be there, but it also might be worth trading back from 33 to later in the 2nd round and picking up an extra pick or two. But that depends on availability.

The nice thing is the Bengals will have a full day to prepare for pick 33 after seeing who goes in Rd 1.

EDIT - I voted Other - LB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 09:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't wait to see who falls out of the 1st round. There's probably 4-6 WR's gonna go in 1st, there's likely gonna be some moving around to snatch up QB's. Often there's a guy that goes in the late 1st that some team is high on (need) that nobody had there.

i feel there could be some really good players left at #33. Gonna be interesting to see what they do ? I could see OT, LB, or WR. I'm hoping one of the top WR's fall and we snatch him up. I'm just not crazy about going into the season relying on AJ and Ross to stay on the field.

I keep leaning that way, but then I say to myself:  How great could our receivers be with a better line and Burrow?  Remember, we also signed Mike Thomas (the other one) as a WR that worked with Zac Taylor before.  

It is a really, really tough call.  One thing is for sure, as much as I was on the Queen/LB train early...I think I would much rather get LBs later in the draft and get that WR in Rd 2. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LB. We haven’t drafted one higher than the 3rd in a decade. And looking through the ones we have taken it certainly shows.

As long as it’s one of those three positions I’ll be happy though tbh.

True, but we also don't want to see the Bengals reach at 33 for a LB if all of Simmons, Murray, Queen, and Baun are gone.
No other LB worth pick 33 IMO.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but we also don't want to see the Bengals reach at 33 for a LB if all of Simmons, Murray, Queen, and Baun are gone.

I have Uche rated above Baun
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but we also don't want to see the Bengals reach at 33 for a LB if all of Simmons, Murray, Queen, and Baun are gone.

Well, therein lies the problem with the premise of the thread. We don’t know who will be there. If there’s a LB worth taking that’s who I want. Best I can do. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have Uche rated above Baun

Uche is more of a true edge whereas I see Baun more like Von Miller such that he would/could actually play some traditional LB along with pass rushing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
O-line
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Uche is more of a true edge whereas I see Baun more like Von Miller such that he would/could actually play some traditional LB along with pass rushing.

Exactly!
Reply/Quote