Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Dallas Should Be A Nice Workout Test
Nothing against the Bears, but at the Dallas Cowboys is a good hard game. It's why you can't assume Eagles will repeat in NFC East. If Dallas has Prescott and Elliott this year, they could look more like the 2016 Cowboys. Bengals in for a workout at Dallas which is good, because the AFC North is a hard division as is the NFC East.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Pollack vs Piano Man!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pollack vs Piano Man!

PA hasn't had time to destroy Dallas's line yet.... give him a couple of years...
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: PA hasn't had time to destroy Dallas's line yet.... give him a couple of years...

Wait till the current players there can't use a ketchup bottle properly . Then they'll start drafting the "athletic"  types.. Whatever athletic means.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait till the current players there can't use a ketchup bottle properly . Then they'll start drafting the "athletic"  types.. Whatever athletic means.. 

Stacey Andrews as athletic.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pollack vs Piano Man!

D-line faces 3 pro bowl players that should be a great litmus test for us. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: PA hasn't had time to destroy Dallas's line yet.... give him a couple of years...

Yep he inherited a better line than he ever built. 

Giving him until latter part of season to weight them down with his coaching and draw Jerry's ire. 

But your assessment is probably more like it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep he inherited a better line than he ever built. 

Giving him until latter part of season to weight them down with his coaching and draw Jerry's ire. 

Actually, I think he built some pretty darned good Olines in his time in Cincy, I just think the game has passed him by and he did not evolve with it.
Reply/Quote
I think PA's problem with us may have been partly himself and partly team ownership and coaching at higher levels.  I'm not giving him a pass by any means, but I do think that fans at times tend to blame every player's failures at the feet of coaches when sometimes teams just have the wrong players, the old square peg/round hole syndrome.  This team had some very good offensive line players over the years who probably would have done well under any offensive line coach, but PA was a victim of the perfect storm of  our best players leaving and some really bad players getting drafted and to top it off I think his coaching philosophy just wasn't suited to turning poor draft picks into great players. The fact of the matter I think is Og and Fisher were and are under-performers who will never live up to the standards our oline was used to being.. Was that the fault of PA? Perhaps ,but if Dallas's offensive line remains a top line for years to come and ours remains as bad as it has been the past few years it'll be harder and harder to keep blaming it all on PA.. 
Truth is I'd love to be able to blame it all on the failure of one man ,but that's the easy excuse . I suspect the problems come from much further up the chain of command .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: D-line faces 3 pro bowl players that should be a great litmus test for us. 

Dallas' OL faces one of the toughest DLs in the league.  Hope Prescott keeps his head on a swivel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the Cowboys are gonna suck this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep he inherited a better line than he ever built. 

Well does it concern you that He inherited a great line but Dallas let Pollack go with a great line ?? hmm
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: I think the Cowboys are gonna suck this year.

I agree Jason.  No security blanket for Prescott to throw to since Whitten retired. He will be exposed this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 01:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dallas' OL faces one of the toughest DLs in the league.  Hope Prescott keeps his head on a swivel.

We said that 2 years ago and then they absolutely embarrassed us. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:06 PM)Sweetness Wrote: We said that 2 years ago and then they absolutely embarrassed us. 

And the Eagles finished last in their division two years ago.. the point is 2 years teams can change ...  i do believe our line is better than it was 2 years ago.. Lawson has been the big addition and from all accounts Billings is totally recovered from injury and playing well and Willis seems to strong on the run... 
Reply/Quote
The matchup of the game is Bobby Hart vs Demarcus Lawrence.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 03:42 PM)Synric Wrote: The matchup of the game is Bobby Hart vs Demarcus Lawrence.

:whiteflag:
Reply/Quote
I'm very interested to see if we can stop their run game. Dallas seems to be good at ripping off big chunks of yardage on downs that might usually be considered passing downs. Good test of the LBs. I'd love to see Vigil build on what I thought was a good outing for him last week. And in the later quarters I'd like to see Hardy Nickerson make an argument for making the 53, at least until Burfict comes back.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 07:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Nothing against the Bears, but at the Dallas Cowboys is a good hard game. It's why you can't assume Eagles will repeat in NFC East. If Dallas has Prescott and Elliott this year, they could look more like the 2016 Cowboys.  Bengals in for a workout at Dallas which is good, because the AFC North is a hard division as is the NFC East.

Jerry Jones made a big mistake letting Pollack go and then bringing in Alexander. We will all see this.

Honestly think the Bears will be better than the Cowgirls this season. No Jason Witten, no Pollack etc.

Just wait for a injury to that O-line and see what happens. That team will probably fall like the Tower in Mordor.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jerry Jones made a big mistake letting Pollack go and then bringing in Alexander. We will all see this.

Honestly think the Bears will be better than the Cowgirls this season. No Jason Witten, no Pollack etc.

Just wait for a injury to that O-line and see what happens. That team will probably fall like the Tower in Mordor.

Taking PA was a big mistake but like others have said it'll take couple years for it to shine thru I'd say.

I think Dallas will be average, 8-8 9-7 type team.
Reply/Quote