Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas Is A Good Test For Our O-Line
Even though it's preseason and the defensive calls are likely to be pretty vanilla, I'm still anxious to see if our line can get a push and open some holes for Mixon against a solid rush defense from last season (top ten in ypg and top half of the league in ypc), as well as protecting him against a pass rush that was middle of the pack in sacks last season.

I feel like this will be a good test and help to ease the line into better competition and allow them to improve.

The line needs to get better on every snap and work their asses off.

This game could make me feel a lot better,

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 07:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even though it's preseason and the defensive calls are likely to be pretty vanilla, I'm still anxious to see if our line can get a push and open some holes for Mixon against a solid rush defense from last season (top ten in ypg and top half of the league in ypc), as well as protecting him against a pass rush that was middle of the pack in sacks last season.

I feel like this will be a good test and help to ease the line into better competition and allow them to improve.

The line needs to get better on every snap and work their asses off.

This game could make me feel a lot better,

ThumbsUp

Feel better?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Feel better?   Ninja

[Image: S8rVo3b.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Feel better?   Ninja

No but I honestly can't say either way because I didn't get to see any of it until the end of the first half because Roku TV sucks more than me in a jump rope contest.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: No but I honestly can't say either way because I didn't get to see any of it until the end of the first half because Roku TV sucks more than me in a jump rope contest.  

our oline would make anybody puke!!! just ask Mixon!

Reply/Quote
If last night was a test for the OL, I grade them a "D".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would give them a D also. Or an incomplete.

But one thing I noticed. We werent running Mixon behind Boling and Glenn much at all if any. That was, imo by design. They were running on the right side a lot at first to test the weak part of our line, and they failed the test if you ask me. No push on run blocks at all. A lot to work on. I bet they are watching closely to see if a decent vet gets released.
Reply/Quote