Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Dallas is going to be ONE HARD GAME.
They played against the freaking 9ers dude. A 9ers team that is more into politics than football

The boys will fall. Dak presscott has not thrown an int in his 131 attempts. Thats a rookie record.

On Sunday, the Bengals will change that. Dak will throw his first career INT
Reply/Quote
Will dez be back for the cowboys?
Reply/Quote
This is not so hopeless as some may believe.

Yes we have had issues up front but we also are FAR more proficient at passing than the 49ers. Also we should have Eifert out there. Also on defense we may not be pretty but I don't see us letting them run Elliot through giant holes in the line like they did today. Our biggest worries are getting pressure while staying disciplined on defense and not losing our cool on the usual diet of bad ref calls we'll see (the Cowboys are notorious for the favorable calls they get at home).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will be decisive underdogs the next two games. Hopefully we start playing like we usually do about mid season. That will give the 5 new coaches and numerous players in new roles a chance to get settled. Make no mistake, this is a different team than last year's team. Hopefully, we develop quickly and grab a wild card spot. It might just be a tough year for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 08:54 PM)Derrick Wrote: IMO it looks like the rest of the season might be "impossible" unless the B's get it together in time for Dallas.

Let me guess, you're a "realist," right?

Dude, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but you are clearly missing something up there if you think that this team has an impossible season ahead of them.

We have incredible pieces in place, fantastic units and sure, we have flaws, but we have flaws that not only we WILL overcome, but that we will win with. Everyone complains that we have a terrible oline. Well guess what? The last 3 SB winners were all PsOS at oline. Why can they win and we can't? Because of bullshit "thoughts," and, "things I see but the coaches obviously can't, so we're screwed?"

You have no pedigree in this sport, you have no talent for this sport, you have no business even stepping on a field as a team rep or whatever. Why should the rest of the season be, "impossible," just because YOU think so?

Have some goddamn faith and put trust in the great professionals we have on the field every week. Until this team gets blown out like the Chiefs have tonight, I will always have faith.

Sorry to go off on you, but I'm sick of all of this crap, especially after we dominated a team on defense.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let me guess, you're a "realist," right?

Dude, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but you are clearly missing something up there if you think that this team has an impossible season ahead of them.

We have incredible pieces in place, fantastic units and sure, we have flaws, but we have flaws that not only we WILL overcome, but that we will win with. Everyone complains that we have a terrible oline. Well guess what? The last 3 SB winners were all PsOS at oline. Why can they win and we can't? Because of bullshit "thoughts," and, "things I see but the coaches obviously can't, so we're screwed?"

You have no pedigree in this sport, you have no talent for this sport, you have no business even stepping on a field as a team rep or whatever. Why should the rest of the season be, "impossible," just because YOU think so?

Have some goddamn faith and put trust in the great professionals we have on the field every week. Until this team gets blown out like the Chiefs have tonight, I will always have faith.

Sorry to go off on you, but I'm sick of all of this crap, especially after we dominated a team on defense.
Your optimism is showing. Miami was not too hard to dominate. Therefore the Bengals D did. The O not so much. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
For me it's not Zek or Witten or Dallas' offense that causes me concern, it's our OL against their front 7.

Our defense can stop them, provided no one in the secondary forgets to cover a guy.

Reply/Quote
If we load the box we win by 20 plus

Dak is good but he wont pick you apart
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 07:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Where they've been worse, MUCH WORSE, as of late.

And Elliott has been completely overrated thus far, especially with that line.

Not saying they suck or anything, but this isn't the impossible game that people are making it out to be.

I'd really like to see you do what ANY running back has done in  the NFL and then get back to me when you do!
Elliot didn't ask to be in Dallas. They asked for him, and he HAS produced no matter what line he runs behind!
That's an effin FACT! overrated my ass!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 07:40 PM)kevin Wrote: They are playing better ball than our Bengals, and the game is IN DALLAS. 

You sure about that?  They have played NYG, DC, BEARS, and 9ers I think...... None of which are playoff bound teams imo.  Our D is better as well.
Reply/Quote
It really depends on which Bengals show up..With Burfict back in and 85 back we'll be a different team.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Vegas sees it as a pick
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 07:51 PM)WildCat Wrote: I've been saying this as well.......Ezekiel Elliott is the real deal man. he WILL do a lot of damage in that game. we cannot stop the run.

The Bengals stopped the run well against Denver and Miami, and they have Burfict back now.  However, the arrogance and idiocy of Coyle may become very apparent again, as the offense will be a lot like what we saw against Denver.  If he plays off coverage and isn't prepared for bootlegs and waggles, it could be a long day.  I am putting a lot of this game on Coyle. 

I think the offense will get on track against Dallas, as they do not have a strong defense.  The extra few days rest and the hopeful return of Eifert should help as well.  
Reply/Quote
Only two things worry me with this game.

Playing (another) rookie QB.
Playing a good TE.

We still win this game, tho.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Having watched a fair amount of the Dallas/SF game on RedZone, I'm not as worried about the Bengals playing them than I previously was. Dallas runs a four front on defense, our OL usually plays well against a four front, as the Center is uncovered. Their pass rush from their front four, didn't look that impressive to me, and I am fairly convinced that we can establish the run against them.

Offensively, Dallas looks pretty competitive. Prescott is big, sturdy, and agile. He seems to have pretty good pocket awareness, and throws a decent ball. If the Bengals pass rush can get to him early, throw him off his rhythm a bit, he may make a few unforced errors. Elliot is the real deal, not only can he run and catch, but he is very good at staying in to pick up the blitz. Bengals would do well to jump on the Cowboys early, and put them into pass-first mode.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 08:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having watched a fair amount of the Dallas/SF game on RedZone, I'm not as worried about the Bengals playing them than I previously was.  Dallas runs a four front on defense, our OL usually plays well against a four front, as the Center is uncovered.  Their pass rush from their front four, didn't look that impressive to me, and I am fairly convinced that we can establish the run against them.

Offensively, Dallas looks pretty competitive.  Prescott is big, sturdy, and agile.  He seems to have pretty good pocket awareness, and throws a decent ball.  If the Bengals pass rush can get to him early, throw him off his rhythm a bit, he may make a few unforced errors.  Elliot is the real deal, not only can he run and catch, but he is very good at staying in to pick up the blitz. Bengals would do well to jump on the Cowboys early, and put them into pass-first mode.

I believe your last sentence is the main key to the game which goes hand in hand with one of our biggest problems thus far, finishing. We have to score touchdowns in the red zone ! We will need to get them into playing catch up. Not that Dallas is gonna hang 45 on us.

But despite what some of the OSU haters are saying Elliott is the real deal ! Has enough speed, runs with power, can make people miss and run them over. He can catch and he's an excellent blocker. He's leading the NFL in rushing. If we let them hang in the game Elliott will end up hurting us.

I think our defense especially with Burfict back can hold them somewhat in check as long as we dictate the game. If we're kicking field goals ??????

Haven't heard anything on Eifert but I'm praying he's back.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 07:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No he isn't.

Crowell is having a better year.

Isaiah Crowell.

For the Browns.

Crowell is a stud.  And the Browns' running game is for real.

Ours is not - for a variety of reasons unfortunately.  No easy fix
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 08:44 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Only two things worry me with this game.

Playing (another) rookie QB.
Playing a good TE.

We still win this game, tho.

Over the last few years, we have done well with TEs, and adding Dansby should even make covering TEs even better 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 07:36 PM)kevin Wrote: Watching Dallas on TV.....The look pretty good....If they win they will be 3-1......They got that Ohio State RB Elliot who is a monster. Plus they have passing and defense....Dallas is Back and they will be TOUGH. Witten at TE could give is fits, good TE's do against us.

Well our defense is ranked 9th and Dallas is ranked 18th , so we do have edge there coming in .. but their offense is ranked 3rd and ours is ranked 11th so they have add there coming in.

This will be a very even game but the one advantage we have is Dallas is still a bit one dimensional on offense with the running attack over the passing attack and I feel more confident forcing Dallas into passing downs  where as we also have been one dimensional but I feel we are better at being one dimensional on offense over Dallas in the passing game.,
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals smoke Dallas.  Albeit, I am still concern about the Bengals' O-Line and lack of rush.  Dalton has looked amazing thus far.  I think he leads the AFC in passing yards .  So even if Dallas stops the running game, Dalton will pick them apart. 

Bengals need to play zone and not blitz.  Use the four-man defensive front.  Atkins et al.  can get it done.  However, TE seem to give the Bengals fits.  So...if the linebackers can do their job, Bengals win fairly easily. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote