Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Least Kroft is Decent
That was my silver lining from Sunday. At least Kroft looks like he can be a sticky handed durable TE for us for the next few years.

Good job buddy!

:andy: "Thanks for catching my off target passes champ!"
Reply/Quote
On a related note to Kroft... I was seriously shocked to see Derron Smith released to make room for a kicker. With Smith cut, here is how the 2015 class has panned out...
Ogbuehi - bad
Fisher - bad
Kroft - solid in place of Eifert; potential starter at TE in 2018?
Dawson - gone
Shaw - solid nickel CB
Hardison - gone
Uzomah - decent depth
Smith - gone
Alford - gone

Talk about a whole bunch of misses. Jeesh!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Saw the big highlight and heard he added a 20 yard catch.

Awesome play by him on the 59 yarder.

How many times was the man targeted? Saw he only got 2 catches but this is big play ability.

He might be better than i thought and i already liked the guy a lot.
Reply/Quote
He's really been a bright spot in a lost season. In 6 games since taking over for Eifert:

28 targets
24 catches
282 yards
3 scores

Dalton has a sparkling 144.2 rating when targeting Kroft.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
At least for 2018, and then he will be a FA who's been subjected to (likely) 3 straight awful years with the Bengals and will run as fast as he can in FA to New England or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At least for 2018, and then he will be a FA who's been subjected to (likely) 3 straight awful years with the Bengals and will run as fast as he can in FA to New England or something.

Excited 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: On a related note to Kroft... I was seriously shocked to see Derron Smith released to make room for a kicker. With Smith cut, here is how the 2015 class has panned out...
Ogbuehi - bad
Fisher - bad
Dawson - gone
Shaw - solid nickel CB
Hardison - gone
Uzomah - decent depth
Smith - gone
Alford - gone

Wow. That is a horrible draft.

It's funny...at the time Dawson, Hardison, and Alford looked like steals.
Reply/Quote
Can I trade my Eifert jersey in for a Kroft one? Ehh, better not...that would lead to Kroft's downfall.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow. That is a horrible draft.

It's funny...at the time Dawson, Hardison, and Alford looked like steals.

Yea I didn't much care for the Ogbuehi selection but I was pumped for Dawson, Hardison, Kroft, Shaw, and Smith. I thought Uzomah was a round or two too early and I liked Alford as a potential return guy. I feel though that Dawson, Hardison, and Smith never really got many opportunities to see the field. Hardison and Smith due to injuries and Dawson because of a bad work ethic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I didn't much care for the Ogbuehi selection but I was pumped for Dawson, Hardison, Kroft, Shaw, and Smith. I thought Uzomah was a round or two too early and I liked Alford as a potential return guy. I feel though that Dawson, Hardison, and Smith never really got many opportunities to see the field. Hardison and Smith due to injuries and Dawson because of a bad work ethic.

In general...when we draft a guy who tore his ACL 3-4 months earlier...I'll think it's a bad pick. Call me old fashioned. :-p
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In general...when we draft a guy who tore his ACL 3-4 months earlier...I'll think it's a bad pick. Call me old fashioned. :-p

Having to watch these Bengals makes me wish I was old fashioned. Like 9 or 10 times...

[Image: th?id=OIP.amjhiRwP4C5PSKIwmi4uJQEsC6&pid=1.1]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think Kroft can be a good Te in the league. Let Eiffert walk in FA, draft another mid round TE to pair with Kroft and Uzomah and keep on moving along.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 06:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Kroft can be a good Te in the league. Let Eiffert walk in FA, draft another mid round TE to pair with Kroft and Uzomah and keep on moving along.

^This

And for the love of God please sign a decent O-Lineman in free agency...  or two...  or...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: On a related note to Kroft... I was seriously shocked to see Derron Smith released to make room for a kicker. With Smith cut, here is how the 2015 class has panned out...
Ogbuehi - bad
Fisher - bad
Dawson - gone
Shaw - solid nickel CB
Hardison - gone
Uzomah - decent depth
Smith - gone
Alford - gone

Wow, didn't realize it was that bad. I think at the time Shaw was the only pick I liked, and maybe Dawson. I remember whining about the entire draft.
Reply/Quote
I didn't mind this draft at the time as I'd never dreamed that both OL would be busts. Didn't like the Hardison pick at all with Grady Jarrett available and still feel the same. Really thought Dawson would be a player. Shaw and Kroft looking like the only regular contributors here going forward.
Reply/Quote
I think Derron Smith will be back again this week. Williams is horrendous at safety.....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:20 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I didn't mind this draft at the time as I'd never dreamed that both OL would be busts.  Didn't like the Hardison pick at all with Grady Jarrett available and still feel the same. Really thought Dawson would be a player. Shaw and Kroft looking like the only regular contributors here going forward.

I thought Fisher would be ok. And he still might be, but man, I swear every 'the OL stinks' highlight video from this season features him at the line followed by him standing up straight, looking around for the guy five steps behind him. It's like he's playing with his eyes closed, hears the snap and looks around.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Wow, didn't realize it was that bad. I think at the time Shaw was the only pick I liked, and maybe Dawson. I remember whining about the entire draft.

Heck, in Mikey Boy's mind, that's a great draft. Ogbuehi, Fisher, Kroft and Uzomah have all started lots of games. Plus they're cheap!  Yes
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Derron Smith will be back again this week. Williams is horrendous at safety.....

I think Williams was the guy who shifted completely to the opposite side of the field leaving a WR who beat DreK COMPLETELY uncovered with nothing but turf.

Luckily he dropped the pass.

Of course ol' Swag acted like he used his mind to make it incomplete.   Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kroft is looking pretty good the best part of his game is him getting up and going back to the huddle. When you see the safety and corner or LB hit him hard Kroft pops right up and the guys that hit him are the ones slow to get up. Just being in the huddle and being an option for Andy is huge need that oline fixed.
Reply/Quote