Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins and Dunlap Frustrated with Being Phased Out
Green, Geno and Dunlap have over $40 million total in salaries. Are they really bringing that value to the team. Hell no! They are just collecting a pay check. Old farts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 06:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They aren't playing this year because it's already been decided they won't be back next year. The Bengals are hopefully planning to shed their salaries at the end of this season and want to play younger guys to evaluate them. Kind of like how Finley played for Dalton last year.

Dunlap and Atkins not playing well and being hurt makes the decision all the easier.

This is my theory anyway...

More coaching... Less evaluating. I get so tired of hearing this.

I have given this staff a piss poor evaluation of their evaluation skills.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
.... Aaaaannnd now Marcus Hunt is back. We need to evaluate him too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It is basically...I was frustrated and spoke out of turn due to the frustration. My friends, family, and mentors called me out on it. Need to communicate better and make sure he is present

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
LOL.... biggest waste of 10 min ever.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
ZT is building something. Don’t hit the panic button Dunlap!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 07:46 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Even in his postgame interview ZT talks a out the players are positive and still believe in building the culture. I’m not sure what culture ZT is talking about but its not good. The guy can’t coach up any wins and he is quickly losing the the team. If I am MB, Katie, Tobin, whoever, I am consulting Burrow at the end of the season with the intent of asking him who he would like to bring in to coach. My fear is the Bengals stick with ZT and Burrow gets fed up with the losing and bounces once his rookie contract is up.

ZT isn't going anywhere after this season.  To the best of my knowledge, no coach has ever drafted a QB #1 overall and not had at least 2 years to prove something with him.  Hell, I don't even know if that has happened with a QB in the first round, much less 1OA...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:34 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This could get interesting. What if he boldly offers that the Bengals coaches are trash?

He wouldn’t be wrong. Zac and Adam Gase are arguably the two worst head coaches in the league, and Zac’s staff is almost entirely bottom of the barrel guys save for Simmons.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ZT isn't going anywhere after this season.  To the best of my knowledge, no coach has ever drafted a QB #1 overall and not had at least 2 years to prove something with him.  Hell, I don't even know if that has happened with a QB in the first round, much less 1OA...

Cardinals the year they drafted Josh Rosen a few years ago. Fired him after 1 year.
Reply/Quote
It's really this simple, if Carlos wants more playing time, he needs to play better with the time they give him. His spot is not guaranteed. Simple as that. Play better Carlos.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ZT isn't going anywhere after this season.  To the best of my knowledge, no coach has ever drafted a QB #1 overall and not had at least 2 years to prove something with him.  Hell, I don't even know if that has happened with a QB in the first round, much less 1OA...

Where was Baker Mayfield drafted? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Cardinals the year they drafted Josh Rosen a few years ago. Fired him after 1 year.

Yup.  I was thinking it might have happened for Darnold, but didn't think about Rosen.

Of course I also forgot that the situation I brought up has indeed happened, as Hue Jackson was shown the door before Mayfield's rookie season was over...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where was Baker Mayfield drafted? 

I guess you posted while I was typing Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Cardinals the year they drafted Josh Rosen a few years ago. Fired him after 1 year.

Wasn't 1st overall.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I guess you posted while I was typing Smirk

Jared Goff.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:09 PM)jason Wrote: .... Aaaaannnd now Marcus Hunt is back. We need to evaluate him too.

Margus. Show some respect for the 2nd greatest Estonian NFL player of all time!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: To the best of my knowledge, no coach has ever drafted a QB #1 overall and not had at least 2 years to prove something with him. 

How many #1 overall picks have gone to first year head coaches though, thus elimatiing someone like Taylor from the conversation?  (I'm guessing a lot of them)

It's much easier to say this coach deserves a 2nd year with this QB when it's his 2nd year on the job.  What you're calling for is a 3rd year total, 2nd with QB.

Most coaches don't survive a season where it results in a 1 pick, so I'm assuming an apples to apples comparison is going to be hard to find.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jared Goff.

Mitch Trubisky was #2 overall but the 1st QB taken.  Jim Fox got a single year with him before he got the boot.

Lovie Smith got fired after Winston's rookie year

Lane Kiffin got fired during Jamarcus Russel's second year

Rams fired Spagnuolololo after Bradford's second year
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 08:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wasn't 1st overall.

Nah but original post was about 1st round QBs
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 07:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I thought Geno had a shoulder injury and yesterday was his first game?  Did he not have the injury?  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was his 2nd game, and yes, he is coming off an injured shoulder. But shhhhhh..... they're on a roll....
Reply/Quote